Forum home Birth clubs Due in October 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in October 2019 - Part 5

Replies

• Options
    OMG @Lmc19xx I know you want to keep her in as long as possible but it is also exciting! I reckon she will be here before you’re c section, if that does happen can you still have a c section if you want too or you have to have a vaginal birth? Every time I go for a pee I check every time to see if I have a show lol! Ah your holiday sounds lovely! I’ve heard of that water park! I think we are going to go to Portugal. I’ve never been and I think with our first time going abroad with a baby a 2 hour flight is sensible! I was looking at long haul as I haven’t been to the Caribbean since 2016 now but hubby says we should wait til the following year so he’s prob right, argh lol! Portugal looks pretty and it will be around 22 or abit less in May so not too hot for baby xx 
  • Options
    @Ellie34 it is also exciting 😊 my other half got so excited thinking today was the day lol if I go myself I will have a natural delivery I would love to be able to  & if not I’ll go with my section. Yeah that’s why we choose to go back here as it’s only 2 & half hour flight which is ideal 🥰 and won’t be as hot at start of June. Portugal will be lovely xx
  • Options
    @Lmc19xx oh my gosh I was expecting to hear another birth announcement then! Looks like it won’t be long for you 🥰 
    I’ve booked a holiday to a villa in Spain with mum and dad next June! Can’t wait 😍 I didn’t wanna go away on my own and haven’t been away with mum and dad for 6 years so thought it’d be really nice! Xx
  • Options
    @Lmc19xx yeah hopefully will be nice and easy as it’s not too far. Ahh I definitely think it won’t be long for you now, so exciting 💖😍 good luck Hun for when it does happen xx 
    @MissW1997 Spain will be lovely too! Xx
  • Options
    @Ellie34 like you said anywhere with a shorter flight! Atleast were getting away still 😍💗
  • Options
    Thank yous girls 🥰 how exciting is it that we are planning our holidays with our girlies 😬 xx
  • Options
    Hope your ok @Loubeelou xx
  • Options
    @Lmc19xx I know! 🙈 I still can’t get my head round that there’s going to be a baby round the table this Christmas and it’s mine 🥰 still hasn’t sunk in that I’m going to be a mummy to a human and not just animals 😂xx
  • Options
    So exciting! Literally can’t wait for our first family holiday 💖 xx
  • Options
    Sorry it took so long to update you guys, was a looong day and evening. Just got home. Which is wayyy past my bedtime haha. 

Fortunately, the rest of my appointments went really well. Felt like the consultant really explained things perfectly and we went through the scan together and the measurements. Baby is just over the 50th and weighs 6lbs 3 oz. 

We discussed birth options and because I’m insulin controlled they won’t let me go past 39 weeks. If my levels start to go haywire they’ll bring it forward! So... the date my baby is coming is Thursday 3rd October!! 👏 2 weeks and 6 days away, which is ridiculously quick. 

I am still going to try to do everything I can to go into labour spontaneously, as I would love to try labour again, but understand with the risks of GD babies I have to have the c section booked as a back up. 

I’m still getting my head around everything, but basically I have to call up at 6:30am and they’ll tell me where to go (labour ward or which ward etc) and ask my blood sugar levels. I will need to be in hospital by 7:30am and admitted onto a ward, I’ll meet the consultant and anaesthetist to discuss my preferences (music, skin to skin etc) then I will be taken up first cus I can’t be without food for long due to the GD, they don’t want me having a hypo. Then I’ll get spinal and husband will be allowed in, then we get to meet our boy or girl!! 

The night before I have to stop eating at 12 midnight. I need to take a ranitidine tablet at 8pm that night too, and do my insulin but only a half dose for that night. 

They gave me a colostrum collecting kit and would like me to bring a few syringes in, which they’ll store in case baby’s blood sugars are low. 

Then the afternoon was lovely, my last shift at work and then we all went out for a meal which the doctors paid for which was lovely. Got a balloon, and some gifts and cards which I’ll show you guys tomorrow cus I’m literally falling asleep right now.

But thank you for your kind words earlier. I made a formal complaint and hopefully she won’t be able to make another pregnant lady feel so rubbish again!! I feel much more positive again and mega happy with the birth plan! Sooo excited. 
  • Options
    @Lmc19xx oh my goodness! So do they think your waters have broken?? That’s crazy but also mega exciting!
  • Options
    @diddlyd same here with the elephant feet! I go to bed with fat feet and by the morning they are back to normal. But I’ve noticed I’ve had to open my watch strap a bit and my face feels all swollen too, my lips especially have gone massive! 
  • Options
    @Ellie34 ahh it’s so exciting booking your first holiday as a family. 7 months will be a great age as they won’t be big enough to get away but won’t be too small to depend on you so much. Let us know where you book! 
  • Options
    @MissW1997 babies really do bring families together, it’s so lovely you’re going on holiday with your mum and dad. I bet you can’t wait and Spain will be so lovely. We would like to do a proper family holiday with my mum and sister next year too 👍
  • Options
    @Louloubee glad everything went well with  glathe consultant and you've got a date. Fingers crossed you go before then.

I have holidays booked next year although it's one in Chippenham and one in Southwold so no jet setting for us. We're going with the grandparents both times so will have an extra pair of hands there. 

I'm 37 weeks today 😁😁😁 can't believe how quickly it's all coming round.
  • Options
    Ah I’m so glad the rest of your appointment went really well! And so exciting you have a date now too! I can’t believe we are literally all at the end now! It’s crazy! @Louloubee yeah I can’t wait to book our holiday 💖 going to pop to town today and think I’ll do it in our local travel agents instead of online this time xx
  • Options
    @Diddlyd thank you! Let’s hope eh?

Those holidays sound lovely. And will be very handy having those extra pair of hands.

We’re thinking of doing a couple camping long weekends over the spring/summer next year. So that’ll be fun too. 

Wow! 37 weeks! You’re full term now. It’s crazy how quick it’s all going. We’ll start getting the birth announcements soon. I can’t wait! 
  • Options
    @Ellie34 ooh hope the holiday planning goes well! It’s going to be so lovely to have that first special family holiday in the sun. Baby won’t remember a thing, but she’ll enjoy it at the time and I’m sure you’ll have lots of pictures to show her when she’s older! 

I know, it’s so strange how we’re coming to the end now. Oh and I asked midwife to check if baby is engaged and apparently baby is not 🙈 she said it’s normal for second timers!! 😂 this baby is going to be a lazy one I think. 
  • Options
    So glad to hear your appointment went a lot better @Loubeelou I had completely forgot about your night out, glad you had a nice time bet it was just what you needed 😊 well done you putting complaint in ! Some of my waters have gone but there’s still plenty around her they took a swab to test for infection but she said it doesn’t look like there’s any there 🤞 I’ve also still not been told mines is engaged so must be a 2nd thing lol. I’ve just to keep an eye on things & if anymore fluid contact them, nothing so far. I’m actually really going to try everything now as I would love to go myself & same as yourself I have section just incase. Going to go a big walk later & have a curry tonight can only try lol I hadn’t wanted to rush her but now I feel since I had that show I should try encourage it along as it’s my only hope of trying in my own xx
  • Options
    @Lmc19xx Oh definitely looks like things are moving so well for you! If you’ve had a show and even a little bit of waters leaking then you have DEF got a chance to get this baby out through spontaneous delivery. Have you a bouncy ball to keep on bouncing on too? 

Thank you. Was just what I needed! 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions