Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The Insane Gang - new meeting place

Replies

• Options
    ladyt, how'd the scan go? x x x x

tilty, thanks for the advice image ur right, will just see how i am at 7 months? and then pull out at the last min if im not up to it, starneg idea for a xmas prezzie for us when she knows im preg! hehe but anyways! glad mw went well and baby has time to move! LOL at the thought of u watching tv bent over a ball! but its all for the cause! hehe

its our 2 week scan tomoro! even tho im 21 weeks, but never mind, so excited to see peanut again!

hope everyone is well! x x x x
  • Options
    Good luck for your 20 week scan tomorrow Mrsme!!!

LadyT: how'd it go??
  • Options
    T, im worried about you!? hope all went well at scan and ur just super busy! hope u and bump r doing ok x x x
  • Options
    hi everyone, so had my scan, all went well with peanut, haha my bladder was so full that the poor little thing was tucked right up near my ribs! lol so once they got some measurements they made me go pee and come back in again to get the spinal measurement! lol. was very funny!

managed to stay team yellow aswell! wahoo! very impressed! and saying 'no thanks' wasnt as hard as i thought it would be!!! pic below... i hope.

http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae106/mrslast2b/scan2.png?t=1297440787

• Options
    congrats Mrsme!!!!

lovely piccy - peanut looks a cutie xxx

Jen image
  • Options
    Hi,

mrs*me* that's a lovely clear pic! I'm so glad everything went well. Good work staying team yellow as well! You must be so relieved to have the 20 week scan over and done with and for everything to be looking good. Is it time to start shopping now? image

LadyT, I hope everything was ok at your scan? How are you feeling now?

I've had quite a busy week, hence not having been on for ages! I had my first NHS antenatal class which was actually really good. I have my first NCT one next week as well, which I'm looking forward to. I found out that my hospital lets you hire birth pools to use in labour in case their one is in use, so I'm really happy about that and am definitely going to look into it.

Bubs is still breech - I keep feeling a little head below my right rib! I need to get on with bending over my birth ball and waggling my bum in the air more! I keep being told there's still loads of time for it to turn yet though, so fingers crossed.

How is everyone else doing? Anyone up to anything fun this weekend? xxx
  • Options
    Hi all

Sorry for not being on for a few days, it was really hectic at work last week and difficult to find 5 minutes to sit and visit BE. Everything went very well with the scan - amazing seeing 'bo' on screen, very wriggly but baby shaped and saw a strong heartbeat. I think by the time I have my 12 week scan on the 24th it will look lots more proportional (at the moment the head is as big as the body).

Mrs Me - really amazing scan pictures and well done on remaining team yellow - I don't think I would have your will power!

Right must get on with some work, this was just a quick post as I'm supposed to be doing my dissertaion today (yawn). Hope everyone else is well

Txxx
  • Options
    so glad all went well T image hehe yes i thought the same, that ours had a big head at my 12 week scan! i thought o no! im gonna have to push that out! LOL. but then read it grows into proportion! thank god! enjoy ur scan on 24th aswell! x x

tilty,glad u enjoyed the antenatal, cant wait til we start ours! did ur oh go? or is it just for ladies? x x

new development from me and peanut:

i was in the bath and saw my belly moving around, and calle dhubs in, he saqw it too, then peanut shoved some sort of body part into my belly lol it stuck right out! hehe was so funny!

hope everyones well! im totatlly starving today! off to find some more food!!!! xxx
  • Options
    Hiya ladies

How is everyone??

T: am glad everyhting went well with the scan ... you must be looking forward to next week to tell people offically!

Mrsme: yay for the tummy movements! it always reminded me of alien when my tummy did the wave move!

Tilty: glad you enjoying the antenatal classes - its a nice way to meet people

Susiee: how's you hun.... are you in countdown mode yet?? remind me (apologies baby brain) when's your actual due date?? has baby moved yet??

Kernow: love the piccys of Noah riding the doggy on FB!!! not sure he's too impressed though!

No real news from me - just thought I would catch up as noone seems to be around much! Scar still not healing right so am back on the antibiotics image

Hope everyone else good

Jen
  • Options
    LadyT, I'm so glad everything went well at the scan. That must be a big relief, and amazing to see the heartbeat! How long until the 12 week scan now?

mrs*me* the tummy movements sound like fun! Mine didn't start that early but no doubt that's another thing that's due to my placenta being in the way... I love it when it happens now though! I actually saw my whole bump change shape today - I think the baby must have turned sideways on for a minute to so judging by how it looked / felt. Weird... Enjoy! image

Yes my hubby has been coming along to the antenatal classes with me and he even kept his eyes open for the gory part of the birth DVD :lol: We've only had one NHS and one NCT class so far but they've both been pretty informative and hopefully some of us might keep in touch afterwards (it's a bit soon to say as I've only met everyone once but fingers crossed). My next NHS one is tomorrow night!

I'm suffering a bit with a bad hip now (God, that makes me sound about 90 years old!) but apparantly it's quite common in late pregnancy... it's worse if I sleep on it awkwardly or try and do too much. I'll mention it to the midwife on Monday but I don't imagine there's much to be done to make it better (apart from having the baby!) I'm also getting pretty tired now. Still, it's all to be expected I guess! I have about 4 weeks left at work and less than 7 weeks until I'm due now. It's all getting very exciting, and in spite of various minor health grumbles I'm feeling pretty well really. Now I just need the baby to turn upside down and start behaving like it's actually about to be born soon, rather than stubbornly floating around upright!

Susiee and Kernow, how are you both doing? Susiee, I was also going to ask to be reminded of your exact due date. It must be pretty close now? How are you feeling?

Kernow, I just saw your new pics on facebook. Adorable! xx
  • Options
    Hi all,

Sorry I've been so rubbish at keeping in touch but I just never have the time to sit and read through everything and to write a decent reply! It's amazing how much time such a little baby takes up! Especially Noah as he seeems to spend huge amounts of the day wide awake (luckily he sleeps at night!). I'm just about getting used to the lack of sleep (Noah still wakes up every 2-3 hours for a feed - the greedy boy!) and I find I don't feel as tired now, I guess you just get used to it eventually!

Noah is 6 weeks now (where has the time gone!) and we have our postnatal check next week and then he's got his jabs 2 weeks after that which I'm not looking forward to! He can hold his head steady now and is also smiling a lot which is amazing and very cute.

I'm also becoming quite adept at pushing the pram whilst holding the leads for 2 dogs - though it does make me a bit of a 'wide load' when walking round the narrow streets of Launceston! I long for non-rainy days when I can use the pouch for Noah which is a lot easier!!

Jen - sorry to hear your scar is not healing, is that causing you problems with getting up and about? How is Caitlin doing?

Tilty - glad your classes are going ok (I never got to do the labour one as the snow cancelled it which was a bit of a pain) When do you finish work?

Suisee - not long now! are you going ahead with a home birth (I can't recommend it enough!) I know what you mean about not seeming to have any time to relax on maternity leave but try and put your feet up a bit - you'll wish you had once baby comes! (I know I wished I had!) in answer to your question the best thing about motherhood is probably once they recognise you and stare transfixed at you and give you their first smile - it's like wow he knows I'm his mummy! The biggest change/challenge is definately lack of sleep, especially in the first few weeks and the fact that you can't just do things on the spur of the moment anymore - even taking a shower requires forward planning!

Mrsme - how are you doing?

Lady T - Glad scan went well and baby is doing well. How are you feeling?

Well that's enough from me as Noah is about to start screaming, love to all and hope everyone is well and good xxx
  • Options
    jen, sorry ur back on the tabs! image did u get ur wine/champers in tho b4 u went back on them? lol. how is everything now ur end? its so funny feeling a little person inside?! baby seems to be shy, so when hubs goes to feel or anyone else, he/she stops kicking! haha, just for peanut and mummy time i think image did u have a c section with ur others? i never realised the aftermath of it all, i naievly thought, baby out, stitch up...done. im guessing thats not the case!? ouch!

tilty, LOL at seeing ur bump change shape! haha how funny! cant wait to meet the little peanut thats been kicking me for the last few weeks! it is so strange feeling it, coz u dont contorl it? if that makes sense, like anything u can make ur body do...but baby does it by itself, and has its ow brain and thoughts! its so hard to get my head round that its actually another person still!

haha glad u and hubs are enjoying the classes! i cant wait to start! im uesig that will be in a couple of months probly, cant wait!

and u sound really well! apart from the hip!? ouch! so now u must have just over 6 weeks left? goodness, it doesnt seem that long ago u got ur bfp!? crazy stuff!

susie, not long left for u!!!!! ahhh u must be getting excited! glad its all coming together, birthing pool, home visit, classes all done, nursery almost reday.. etc etc, how exciting! all babe has to do now is turn image hope ur enjoying ur mat leave so far, even if it has been super busy! bet u cant wait to just put ur feet up? mind u, i think that would drive me crazy just sitting waiting for baby to show up! lol.

kernow, glad ur r all doing well!

note to self: mentally prepare myself for less b.e usuage once peanut is born! lol.

hope noah gets on ok with his jabs, and u aswell! LOL my friend was in tears when her little boy had them, and he didnt hardly make a fuss, she was a right state! bless her! sooo cute that hes smiling loads! bless.

ooo and pram talk, that reminds me! so u get on ok...ish while walking the dogs? i no this is such a silly thing to ask about! so sorry in advance, but i had a dream the other day, i was walking the pram, and it was raining, and coz i was pushing the pram, i coulndt put a brolly up, so i just had to get soaked!? surely not!? LOL there must be a way to not get wet? but now u say that...im thinking, if u can balance dogs, and pram, i should be able to cope with pram and brolly?

no real news form me really, hope everyone is doing ok, x x x x
  • Options
    haha mrs me about the brolly! When it's raining I just have my rain coat on as it's suprisingly hard to control a pram with one hand! I just loop the dog leads over my wrist most of the time! If it's a flat piece of pavement with no tilts one handed is fine but any kind of hill or slant and you need 2 hands! So your dream may not be that wrong!!
  • Options
    Hi all,

Jen, have the antibiotics done the trick and helped with the healing? I really hope you're on the mend now. How is Caitlin?

Susiee, congrats on finishing work! That must be great. I don't finish for 4 more weeks image Starting to regret that decision a bit now as I'll be 37 and a half weeks when I finish, so may not get much / any 'me' time if the baby comes early! I am determined to keep slogging on though as I really want as much time off as possible 'the other side', once the baby is here. 4 weeks surely won't seem like all that long? (I hope!!)

Sounds like you're getting organised. Glad all the homebirth stuff is coming along nicely and I really hope your baby turns away from being back to back soon. I really sympathise as mine's still breech at nearly 34 week now, and it seems soooo comfy in the same position that I'm really not convinced it's going to move! Fingers crossed for us both though....

Maybe we will all have a get together once the babies come, who knows - I certainly wouldn't mind a little excursion south at some point and it'd be great fun!

Kernow, glad you're well. I'm also very glad to hear that the tiredness does start to improve eventually! It sounds like you're an expert pram pusher /dog walker now image I can't believe Noah is 6 week old already! I hope your postnatal check goes well, and good luck with Noah's jabs (be brave!)

mrs*me* my baby rarely moves when hubby tries to feel it either. It's like they know when they've got an audience or something! Hmm, I guess prams and brollys are not the easist combination - I hadn't really thought of that! I'm another one who has two dogs, so will just have to put a hood up / get wet when it rains I guess... oh joy!

I am definitely suffering with my dodgy hip now and am limping a bit image I've got the midwife on Mon for my 34 week check so will ask whether there's anything I can do to help, but I've already tried pillows between the legs in bed / different positions etc. - I think I just need to have the baby! Although I hope it stays where it is for the next 6 weeks all the same, just to 'finish cooking'!

It's all starting to seem pretty real for me now because I actually know a few friends who had their babies at 34 / 35 / 36 weeks... so in theory it really could be any time from now on. I know it's not all that common for it to happen this early, but the idea that it easily could is still quite a mind blowing concept for me to get my head around!

Hope you all have a good weekend and speak soon.

Lots of love,

Tilty / Limpy McHop-along xxx
  • Options
    LOL kernow, raincoat! why didnt i think of that! haha. problem solved! image

tilty, awww really sorry ur suffering with the hip still! hopefully the mw can find something that helps? and im 99% sure peanut knows when it has an audience lol, i think its a shy one! for now anyways.....time will tell! scary to think u could have ur babe at any time now! i was born when my mum was 7 1/2 months preg, so i said to hubs, we need to make sure we have everything ready by 7 months, just in case! everything for me and peanut has come really early... like feeling him.her move, feeling sicking, boobs leaking etc. so i have a feeling this lo may be early? im not sure? poor u limping about tho! must be getting uncomfortaable getting bigger? im DREADING it tbh! im quite scared of being large, its difficult enough moving around now, and im not even very big, every time i get up my hips crack, so cant imagine what ur going thru image luckily only 3/4 weeks left of work?

xxxx
  • Options
    T, good luck with ur scan on thursday! how long is it now til ur hols? x x x
  • Options
    Hey all

Am finally done with the tablets and fingers crossed they have work this time as it seems better - have my 6 week check in a week or so and guess he will check it out then. Did manage to have a glass of champers although must admit didn't like it after all that :lol: but managed a couple of glasses of wine before they put me back on the tablets.

Am out on saturday night celebrating with my girlies so am looking forward tothat although will not get too drunk as will haveto get up early with bubba. Caitlin is alway doing the 2 hour thing and I can honestly say I have never been so knackered! but maybe thats my age image

T: good luck with the scan tomorrow

Tilty: hows the hip? sounds a bit like SPD? has the mw any suggestions? am sure work will fly by and lets hope that you don't follow tradition and bubba comes early as they need all the cooking time they can get!

Mrsme: you made me laugh bout the brolly! Its very hard pushing a buggy with one hand as they try to go to the left or right - does your buggy come with a rain cover / parasol as I never thought of these things and until they were needed

Susiee: wow 10th / 15th march is not long seeing as march is next week! and you could be early! Have you been resting yet? try too as you won't be able to afterwards! Am so looking forward to your BA!!

Oh and would totally come up / down the country to meet up!

Jen image
  • Options
    Hello all

Sorry its been so long since posting, its just been really busy and work and with dissertation, not sure where the time has gone.

So, had my 12 week scan and bloods today and all seemed to go OK. Apparently I get my results in 2 weeks but the scan didn't show any areas for concern so that's a relief. Nice seeing bo on the screening again - new nickname is mexican jumping bean as it wouldn't sit still. DD is 5 September which makes me 12+3 today.

Just got an email from a colleague today which has thrown me a bit today - she found out she was pregnant at christmas and had a miscarriage last week. So sad for her - I guess she would found out at her 12 week scan. Now the dilema, I'm meeting her for coffee next week and didn't have the heart to tell her about me - do you think I should tell her before we meet? I'm thinking if I turn up and mention it then she'll be upset whereas if I give her a bit of time to mull it over privately then it might not be so bad. What so you think?

Sounds like everyone else is doing OK. MrsMe, you always make me laugh - I'd say brollies and pushchairs don't match - you'll just have to make do with a stylish raincoat (or one of those brollies that you wear like a hat mmmm stylish lol!!).

Kernow, have you been away, noticed your posts on fb today?

Jen, glad you seem to be on the mend and you managed to sneak in a few glasses of the bubbly stuff.

Tilty, sorry about the hip - that does sound very uncomfortable, hope it doesn't get any worse for you.

Susiee - OMG - so close to your time, how ya finding your maternity leave etc? Finding time to relax?

Right, must go, off to the dentist for check up (for free with my new mat card yipeeee - you can tell I never get stuff for free!). have worked at home today but have pretty much done f*** all - hey ho, will make up for it back in the office tomorrow.

Lots of love all

Txxx
  • Options
    hi t, glad all went well at the scan! and glad little jumping bean is doing good too! hehe its so funny seeing them jump around isnt it! lol.

so sorry to hear about ur friend how sad! poor girl! yes i would speak to her in private, or send her a little text, saying i thought i would let you no b4 we meet, as i didnt wana tell u in person and seem insensitive, that ur preg. and u hope shes ok, sorry for her loss, and hope shes still up for coffee next week? the sooner the better i think image

jen, so glad ur off the tabs now! and had ur wine and champers, even if u didnt enjoy! lol. have a great night with the girlies! yes i did the same with the pram, got so excited that i'd actually bought it, i didnt get the paparsol or the rain cover.... will buy them tho when we go and collect it. which is beginning of may! yay doesnt seem to far away now we are almost in march!

re: brolly! lol i have now added rain mac onto my list of baby things to buy! haha. as peanuts due in june, hopeuflly wont need to use it much at first! but best to be prepared! hehe.

i gave in my mat leave letter this week! wahoo! so im taking it from 9th may, but booked up some hol, so i leave off on 21st april! soooo excited! thats all from me, hope everyone + babies + bumps are all ok x x x x x x
  • Options
    Hello!

Jen, what a shame about not liking the champers after all the anticipation! Glad you enjoyed the wine though image I am really really looking forward to a nice glass of red wine (along with a rare steak, some blue cheese and the various other things I haven't had for a while!) after the birth. Fingers crossed the tablets will have done the trick and everything will heal up nicely. I hope you have a great time out on Saturday night!

LadyT, I'm really glad everything went well at your scan. So have you started telling everyone (apart from family etc. who already knew) now?

Ooooh, that's a really tricky one about your colleague. Poor thing - finding out at your 12 week scan must be just so awful. On the one hand I can see how telling her in person might be a good thing, but it is a very fair point about giving her time to mull it over privately - maybe a phonecall before you meet might give her some time to get her head around it a bit before you actually meet. I guess in reality though, whichever way you tell her, hearing your news is probably going to be quite upsetting for her (although I'm sure she'll be happy for you too) - so all you can really do is try and be as sensitive about it as possible and hope for the best. Good luck and I hope it goes ok. I really hope your friend gets some better news before long too. On a happier note, enjoy your free dental check image And good luck with everything you have to do. You sound very busy at the moment!

mrs*me* don't worry too much about getting large as you might not really be big for all that long. I was really surprised by how small I still felt even at 30-31 weeks, so you might find you don't ever get really big, or that it happens later on that you expect. I'm finally getting quite large now but I'm 34+3 so in reality it'll be less than 6 weeks of being really 'big' assuming the baby comes roughly on time. I'm really enjoying the huge bump now because I felt tiny for ages and just wanted to be bigger! image

Good work getting the maternity leave all booked - very exciting! I have 3 weeks left at work now and can't wait (although it is kind of a strange feeling at the same time!)

All this pushchair talk reminds me - I need to phone the pram shop and chase mine up, as I was meant to get it during Feb. I don't want the baby to come before we have the car seat fitted etc. and we only have 5 and a half weeks ish to go (assuming it's not early of course!)

The midwife didn't really say much about my hip, just that it was 'all part of the aches and pains of pregnancy' and to be expected - which I suppose it is! I can get around ok and still take the dog for short walks etc so it definitely could be worse - I just have a funny limp and look a bit ungainly as I hobble about! It is quite sore at times but again, not all that bad most of the time - I just keep telling myself it's not for much longer (at least, I really hope it'll go away after the birth!)

I'm pretty much ready now apart from the missing pram... The baby isn't looking ready at all though, as it's still breech so generally not behaving like a baby nearly ready to be born! Fingers crossed for a great bit somersault in the next week or so though!

Kernow and Susiee, how are you both doing? Susiee, I can't believe how close we are to your due date now! xxx