Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone having IVF over the next month??

Replies

• Options
    Doesnt it feel like all we do is wait?!? Lets hope we have a good week but it goes fast!! image
  • Options
    I agree ill let u know how things go tomorrow hope u get some rest and feel a bit better and thankyou for u messages
  • Options

Hi Tiger!!!

Ggggrrr this weather is really getting on my nerves! It makes me feel like I have to do cleaning, not good!!! I hope you're feeling better today. Waiting for the ellusive AF again! Crossing my fingers for Wednesday, all systems go then eh??

Wasn't planning to watch the Olympics, I'm not really into sport but seem to have got all caught up in the it!! Can't help myself it's sooooo exciting!! This week I am mostly an expert in synchronised diving, dressage and gymnastics. Woohoo show jumping today!! I imagine if the weather had been better though I may not have been so interested in the TV lol x

Chicken - Fingers crossed for you too, as soon as it all starts happening, it's sooo fast. I was amazed how fast you go from nothing to your transfer is tomorrow!!!! Good luck with it.

Yeah you are right, men are the lucky ones, all they have to do is ask us how we're feeling every few days cos they think it makes us feel better ha ha xxx

• Options
    Higeorgie 76 hope u enjoy the cleaning lol sitting outside the hospital waiting to go in for scan i hope they c something fingers crossed
  • Options
    Hi chicken, how did it go??

Hello georgie76! have to be quick as im at work, boo!! feeling alright today its been quite a peaceful day. i watched the diving and the gymnastics too! it is quite exciting isn't it?!? image
  • Options
    Hi tigerlilly not good nothing happening my estrogen levels supposed to b over 900 im below 50 injections increased back friday for scan again. i had to go into work so ill b in touch later hope ur ok
  • Options

Sounds like you've had a tough day. Hopefully going to work took your mind of things but I know it's hard to just switch off.  Have they said why it's not worked? 

• Options

hi Tiggerlilley1,

It was all rush with them this morning i felt i was nearly in there way maybe it was just my mood. I asked why it wasnt working the doc said ask yourself what your date of birth is?? im 39 and he said well isnt it obvious. I was a bit annoyed to be honest. They took more bloods upped the dosage said see you friday. As straight and blunt as that. I cried the whole drive to work just fed up at this stage. How has your day been ?

• Options

Hi Tiggerlilley1,

I have had a tough day but survived image. To be honest im more crossimage than anything i just felt they were pushing me through this morning and i asked why its not working and the doc said 'think about it ? whats your date of birth ? i said im 39 he said well isnt it obvious 'your age' as blunt as that. This is my first go ive never had this before and i feel so lost to be honest im not making any eggs at all.

• Options

I would be angry too, how rude of them to say that to you!!  Doctors can be so insensitive! If it was that simple why didn't they put you on a higher dosage to start with?!Where abouts in the country are you? 

There is still a chance that upping the dosage will work, your not alone in all this.  I'm here if you need to talkimage

• Options

OMG Chicken, I can't believe that!! That's rubbish, loads of people have IVF over that age!! I'd be livid! Don't lose hope, everyone is different, you may need more help with this bit but respond better to the later stages! I'm 37 and have just about everything wrong with me that could be wrong, it didn't work first time but I know it will work in the end. Try to stay positive xxx

TL - Any sign of AF. You getting excited???? Have you started the nesting/window shopping stage??? xx

• Options
    Hi georgie76 & tiggerlilley1 thanku for ur replies thought the doc was rude but i was so disappointed i said nothing. Im in northern ireland. I only get one cycle on the nhs r private go was scheduled same time so went took this nhs chance first. do you know if this treatment doesnt work ie injections is that it go over literally or do they try u again i was afraid to ask.

How r u both getting on is your treatment different
  • Options

Hi Chicken

I'm not sure what happens if stims don't work, if I was you I would ring the clinic and ask them, it would put your mind at rest at least.

Not sure if my journey is similar. I took Northisterone to trigger AF as they are few and far between.  I was on Menupur 112.5 injections to stimulate and Ovitrelle 250 trigger shot. I had transfer 2nd July but it didn't work this time. I'm in limbo at moment as need 2 more AF before can try FET. I have 2 frozen.

It's a long and rocky road but hang on in there, it'll be worth it in the end!!!

x

• Options
    Hi georgie76 sori i havent got back to u sooner wking 12hr shifts to keep busy. im sorry it didnt work for u at start of the month plse god next transfer will. im back in morning for another scan but truthfully i dont hold out much hope . u take care
  • Options

Alright Georgie76, How are you?

Sorry I didn't reply last night I was out with my sister and my mum.

I've been having cramps since last week and they are gettting stronger and more often but no af yet!!!  I've got until the 8th Aug for something to happen if not I have to go back in for a scan.  I know I should be but no I am not excited.  I know my story isn't a bad one but after the set backs over the last few months I can't say I am feeling positive about this time but I am not feeling totally negative either. (even though writing this I sound really grumpy!!! he he I'm blaming the drugs!!! image ) I'm just focusing on doing one step, getting passed it and doing the next! 

Oh but talking of baby stuff I did see twins in a i Candy double pushchair.  Little babies, one with a blue blanket and one with pink!  How cute!! image

Hi Chicken1,  How are you?  I know it's really hard to stay positive, I hope tomorrow goes well and they aren't mean to you like last time. Good luck. x x

• Options

Hiya both

Oh dear, we are all down in the dumps today!!! Chins up girlies!!! It WILL be our times soon. If it doesn't work this time, it WILL work!! and by the time it does we'll all be so mentally disturbed by the torture we've been put through our kids will have to look after us lol xx

Chicken1 - Make sure when you go you get all the answers you need. Don't let them fob you off x

TL - In some ways I think it is better to be negative, I find it helps. If you assume it's going to work you can only be dissapointed! Don't worry about no AF, enjoy the sunshine while you can, it's bound to not last long!!! Anyway, one small consellation is, if your AF decides to take it's time, we might end up on 2WW together, at least we can stress out together!! Although if my usual cycle is anything to go by, it'll probs be this time next year before I can try FET lol xx

What you up to this weekend? Anything exciting? x

• Options

He he they can wipe our dribble!!! image 

So do you just have to wait?  You have no idea when your af will happen?!  No matter what happens with me, I'll be around for your next 2ww image but it would be great if it was at the same time! 

Ermm....this weekend I am going to try and get out in the garden, I've not really done alot to it recently.  I've got my pond but it's not ready to be put in yet so I have 4 weeks or so to do as much as I can!  How about you?

P.s I am feeling happier now and not so doom and gloom!! image 

• Options

When I spoke to hosp on OTD (19th July) they said I had to wait 6 weeks to get a letter (3th August). Not sure what the letter will say though, they didn't tell me that! They seem to work on a need to know basis!! She said I had to have 3 AF before FET so I'm pretty sure I won't have one before end of August so hopefully they will give me Northisterone again to kick start everything. Hopefully if they do it'll be maybe end of Sept or beginning of October. If they don't give me drugs, you'll probs be celebrating the birth of your grand children while I'm still waiting!!

I'm going to the local animal shelter summer fair on Sunday, not a good idea, I'm a sucker for a fluffy little face and OH doesn't like animals so it's going to be a hard day!! Might just stuff a baby rabbit up my jumper, how long you reckon I could hide it till he noticed???

Yeah get digging! Next month you might not be able to, hopefully the weather will hold out for you. I'm planning on a few drinks if it stays nice, I'm loving getting that Friday feeling again, when you're not working Friday night is just not the same!!

• Options
    Hi tigerlilly 1 & georgie76 hope yous r doing ok. got very bad news today ivf failed wobt take us private apparantly a waste of money im not producing any eggs given two options egg donor and adoption we r both in a bad way totally devastated. life stinks today
  • Options

Hi Chicken, I am so sorry to hear your news and your right sometimes life is so unfair.  I hope you are succesful in whichever option you decide to do.  Stay in touch.  Take Care x 

Georgie, you really make me laugh!! image  End of September, beginning of October isn't too fair away.  I thought this week went really fast so your one week closer!!  No af for me yet tho.

I think I would cry if I went to an animal shelter, the stories are so sad and it makes me want to take them all home.  I love cats!  I used to have 4 but sadly the older two had to be put down a few years ago. I'd like another one, I would like the silver tabby British shorthair from the whiskers advert.  I would name her Lola!!!! I think you should get a baby rabbit, surely once he see's those big eyes he can't say no?!?! lol

Enjoy your weekend!! Speak to you soon image