Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Sept 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

12 weeks is taking forever!

Replies

• Options
    Congrats micro monkey. image mines is not until a week Tuesday coming when I will be 21 weeks. It's my first and I have a strong feeling it's a boy. I really don't mind either easy jjust cant wait to find out. Hope the rest of you ladies are well. Sorry not been on in a while. Work has been super busy of late. image. Was looking at prams as I have a small car and am kind of restricted. I liked the silvercross surf which fits into my car but you have got to do a bit of dismantling to do so. Found the city mini jogger, which was super cute and fits in perfect too. Reasonably priced too. Has anyone had experience of it? Seems to have a lot of good reviews. Hi Tali. Glad bleeding has eased off, think it's pretty common though. I had it just over 12 weeks and again at 14 weeks. Midwife wasn't too concerned and baby I can feel as very active now. image. xx
  • Options

Hi everyone hope youre all well image

@minieggs thanks for matb1 info gunna call and have my midwife get it sorted for me to pick up at the end of this week I think as am 20 weeks on wednesday and would rather just get it sorted and out of the way. Any news on your scan date yet?

@micro YAY!!!! so happy for you!! was that a private scan? if so when is your 20 week scan? another one having a boy lol! Bet you was over the moon?!

@Dmari3 only a week tomorrow until yours bet youre very excited. Know the feeling about work mine has been the same! We have put a deposit down on the Silver Cross 3D Jet Sport pram, it had good reviews and was on a good deal so we went for it. It gets delivered at the beginning of August image

Hope you all had the lovely weather yesterday and today, although am gutted to be stuck in an office until 5pm when its so lovely outside, am dying to get my garden done! Got my 20 week scan on wednesday morning, looking forward to it but also a bit nervous. Having lots of activity all the time now from little man which is lovely and definitely helps to reassure you, nothing you can feel from the outside yet though, what about everybody else?

xx

• Options

congrats micro, you were right! image Has it sunk in yet?

no worries tali, glad you found the info useful. Yes weather is good though supposed to be rainy later in the week, oh well at least there's no snow!! Enjoy your scan weds. I have been feeling little movements when i'm sat down for a while but as you say nothing you would feel from outside yet.

Hi Dmari not long until your scan, yey. sorry i don't know of that buggy. I hope work isn't as busy for you this week so you get some rest.

No scan date still for me, grrrrrrrrrrrr! Anyone else not got theirs yet and not had a private one?

• Options

Hi everyone!

Congrats on finding out you are having a boy.

@minieggs I still haven't got a date for my 20wk scan as yet. We are not going to find out, keeping it a surprise just want to see bambino again!!

• Options
    Thanks, I thought it was a boy but was still surprised it's like having baby number one all over again, I don't know what to do with a boy!!! Bought a few bits for him. It's been nice to go back to work and tell people I'm having a boy.
  • Options

Hi everyone, hope youre all ok, just had to share my good news that my dd got into the school we had been hoping for so I am a happy mummy today, only problem is her start date is my due date so this could be problematic haha image

@micro I'm exactly the same buying boys stuff I havent got a clue lol, it was a breeze buying stuff for my dd but no idea with a ds!!

My scan is at 9am tomorrow morning so will update you all once Ive had it, speak soon everyone xx

• Options
    Good luck tomo tali and great news about your dd school. Ha you have one very busy day this year then!! Was your dd early on time or late? x

Got my scan date, the 7th so not too long to wait, phew!

Hope everyone else ok?
  • Options
    Hey ladies. Hope everyone is well. Good luck tomorrow Tali or should Isay today seeing as I am sending this early hours. image. Cant sleep. image Excellent news about getting school you want for your dd. And good news to you minieggs about getting scan date. 7th is not too long away. image. x
  • Options

@minieggs YAY!! Great news about your scan and not too long to wait at all!! My dd was 1 week early and hope this baby will be too am far too impatient to be going overdue lol!

Thanks for well wishes everyone, scan was AMAZING!! Gender was confirmed definitely a boy and he looks perfectly well and healthy with no visible problems, and happily no sign of a cleft lip either so we left there on a bit of a high yesterday image he's grown so much just in the 4 weeks since the last scan, cant believe thats the last time i'm gunna see him until he;s here, crazy thought!

So glad we've still got some of your scans to hear about it cuz it feels like only boring appointments coming up for me now lol, seeing the midwife in the middle of May and got my glucose test the middle of June and thats about it! Have a feeling time will begin to drag now!!

Hope youre all ok xxx

• Options
    Aw amazing Tali. So pleased for you that all is well. Counting down the days to mine now. Next Tuesday. image can't wait. image xx
  • Options
    Great news tali, celebrate tonight! Yey x

I hope your little man comes at a good time then, fingers crossed!

Thanks both, hope scan comes around quicky. After my scan it's just a mw appt at 28wks next, does feel like they just let you get on with it 2nd time around.

Not long for you dmari, exciting stuff x
  • Options
    Hi everyone...I have my 20 week scan tomorrow, soooo excited! And I have finally felt proper flutters image cant believe the feeling it is amazing, I also think I am showing much more all my regular clothes are very tight....shopping trip for dresses and maternity leggings today image roll on tomorrow...eeeeekkkk!

Hope you are all doing ok? Is anyone going for the 4d scan at some stage?
  • Options
    Hi guys!!!!!!

Hw u all doin?!?! From wat I've been reading ur all feeling great n had an exciting week!!!!!

I'm bak from my holiday, and doin great. Been feeling baby move everyday so it's been reassuring during my holiday.

Happy to hear ur scan went well talli and dat ur gender was confirmed!!!

I'm quite thankful dat I'm high risk, even tho it gets me dwn sumtimes, atleast I get more than the normal number scans. I've just had my 18 weeks scan on 1st April, n now il b getting a cardiac scan on 1st may......n mayb 1 more after that, so it's all gud.

Had sum bad news abt my friend tho. She was 2 weeks pregnant behind me n had a still born on fri just past. I cnt believe it n it's been a real shock!!! She's been feeling move since 14 weeks but wen he went quiet she never Thot much of it cos she had 4 previous normal healthy baby's n wen she went for a routine appointment she found out it was dead, n had to go they labour.......

It just shows dat even tho they're just stories for us, they do actually happen!!!

Pls pls everyone take care or ur selves n make sure that as soon as u feel dat ur baby hasn't moved, pls dnt delay it, get to hospital ASAP to get checked out!!!

I'm sorry if I am freaking anyone out, I really dnt mean to, but it's just been a shock and I just wanted to get the msg out there, dat although it may b rare, it does n can happen.

So take care everyone, n I hope I haven't ruined ur day..........
  • Options

@aimsie how did today go? Was you going to find out? Give us an update and fingers crossed for you

@ruby good to see you back and hope you had a lovely holiday! Gosh thats horrible news about your friend really scared me when I read it, how far along was she when it happened? I think thats got to be any pregnant womans worst fear!

Talking along those lines, yesterday was quite scary for me cuzI feel my little man move every day now and he's got certain times of the day when he's always more active mostly around breakfast and lunch time but yesterday I hadnt felt him move all day not even one flutter, went to my parents for dinner at about 5ish and had a really spicy jambalaya and spicy food normally sets him off too but still nothing by the time i got home at around 8, i was really panicking so got the doppler out and found a really strong heartbeat after a minute or so and then the little monster wouldnt stop kicking me all night after that, couldnt believe it!!

Also, had a thought this weekend that should have been glaringly obvious to me but I'm only just starting to think about, IVE GOT TO GO THROUGH CHILDBIRTH AGAIN!!!! Hahahaha! How horrifying this time round now that I know how bad it is lol! Has anyone had any ideas on their birth plans yet? Ive been thinking about a water birth but then needed an epidural last time so not sure?! What are your thoughts?

Hope youre all ok xx

• Options
    That would really freak me out aswell, not feeling da baby move at da usual times of da day..........but I'm glad that all was ok. Lucky u got a Doppler at hand n dnt need to rush into hospital!!!!

My friend was 19 weeks pregnant wen she had to give birth to da baby last fri, but she hadn't felt da baby move for a couple if weeks roughly, so it had died sumtime then..........it's a shame bcos they Cudnt even tell her wat it was, bcos da baby was deformed, and they Cudnt tell her wat it had died of, unless they do a post mortem, which she refused.

I hope alls gone well for u aimsie at ur scan today
  • Options

@Dmari how did you get on at your scan yesterday

@Aimsie and you too?

Hows everyone else?

xx

• Options
    Hey girls. Hope everyone is well.

Well had my 20 week scan and was amazing image. Baby was very active just like last time. : ) Took sonographer a bit longer than it should to take required details as baby wouldn't stay at peace . All is well though and baby doing well. I also found out we are having a little girl. image there was me convinced I was having a boy too. I'm delighted. Oh was in a bit of shock as he expected it to be a boy too but has came round now. Sooooo exciting that I can start to buy bits and pieces now for my little girl awwww!! image xxx
  • Options
    Hi all,

Dmari. That's great, congrats x

Ruby so sad what happened to your friend, can't imagine x

Tali, oh yes, the birth! Eek, well hopefully I can have a waterbirth like last time just minus the tear!

Just plodding along now, awaiting scan, hurry up days! We've also started decorating my dds new bedroom so she can be in it and settled before baby arrives and steals her bedroom!
  • Options

@dmari congrats so pleased for you, and you're one of the only ones on our chat having a girl so far, congrats!! I was the same with my first was so sure I was having a boy and then so shocked when they said a girl!

@minieggs so gald you bought up waterbirths I was gunna ask you all if anyone had had one? I take it you would recommend one? I'm really tempted this time to opt for one but when I had my ds i literally begged for an epidural so not sure! Only a week and a bit till your scan now, not too long!

Ah thats lovely to be decorating! We've only got a 2 bed house and cant afford to move right now so baby's going to be in with us for a while and then think he's gunna have to share a room with his big sister until we can afford to move!

xx

• Options

I'm having a girl talli!!! So there's 2 ppl on this chat forum having girls.....

Welcome aboard dmari, happy for u!!! 

aimsie we r still waiting on ur 20 week news, hope all is well!

im glad I haven't got labour to luk forward to, or worry abt. I've had 3 sections so I know exactly wat to expect, emergency or elective. I have always wanted a water birth though before my emergency sections tho. Hope u get the births u want, water birth or otherwise.......