Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnant after miscarriage

Replies

• Options

Hi girls,

hope you’re all good? I’m new here so apologies for crashing your thread. Guess I’m just looking for some positivity. After 3 miscarriages I’m on 4th pregnancy in 18months (I already have 2 gorgeous girls too) , I should be 12 weeks on Monday, and scan booked for Wednesday but I had some bleeding today, only Light and seems to have stopped but thats how one of the other 3 m/c started so obviously thinking the worst now, my latest one before this was at 11 wks but really worried now about what lays ahead, wish I could fast forward until Wednesday! Supposed to be sleeping but just reading similar stories to mine. Just so hard to think positive whilst managing your own expectations, like one of you said, scans are now to be feared. Sorry for bringing some negativity but feeling like I need to share . Anyone been in a similar position to me? 

Ps: loving the Christmas trees xx 

• Options

Hello oborne, welcome to this thread. Sorry to hear of your losses and difficult journey ttc. Can I ask what type of bleeding, dark and red or scanty and brown? How are you feeling in yourself, apart from anxious of course 🙁🤗 big hugs, sometimes bleeding can be completely fine. I've never experienced bleeding in pregnancy personally but I know plenty of people that have! Mummytolily experienced some bleeding in her last pregnancy, which didn't relate to her mc. I cant remember the name of what was causing it? I hope Wednesday comes around really quickly for you and you have no further bleeding 🤞🏼 I'll be thinking of you ❤️

• Options

Hi Oborne and welcome 😁 so sorry to hear of your losses, you are not crashing our thread, we found this page as we all migrated from trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage and realised some of the ladies who were still ttc were a bit upset by our presence, but we felt more anxious after becoming pregnant than before when trying!! (well I did anyhow) And definitely need a safe place to discuss our worries with others who understood. 

I can completely understand why you feel so worried about having scans, I feel the same and if I think too much I get my self very distressed in the lead up to it - sometimes getting obsessive negative thoughts that I can’t shake :-( 

As I am sure you are aware although bleeding is incredibly worrying, it can be caused by a whole range of reasons, and sounds positive that it has stopped, I think I read somewhere that 1 in 3 women will experience bleeding during pregnancy! 

You are welcome to share you story in more detail if it will help you, but we also understand if you would rather not.  

Good luck for Wednesday, and maybe try and do something nice over the weekend to try and help you feel a little better in this worrying time xxx

• Options

Just to add to what Ele said, I bled from week 5-12 in this pregnancy.  Stopped bleeding and then lost one of my twins 10 days later.  I had scans all the way through and the bleeding did not affect the twins in any way, it was from an area in my uterus away from the babies. 

• Options

Hi osorne and welcome. You're not crashing as Mrs Fish said. We've all come over from the ttc board after mc because things got a bit awkward.

I also had a bit if bleeding this pregnancy. A tiny bit at 4 weeks and then a little at 6 weeks too. I'll keep my 🤞 that everything is ok for you. Please do keep us updated after your scan. Will be thinking of you x

• Options

Ah thank You all for your replies, its hard to find my place on here as I also have 2 healthy children (7 & nearly 2), for which I am super thankful every day, do any of you have children already?  

I just feel like I want to rest/sleep until Wednesday but I’m supposed to be out for a christmas meal tonight and then have a really important all day meeting at work Tuesday which Im supposed to be in/contributing 🙈

as for the bleeding , I’d just got back from carrying shopping bags that were probably too heavy , it was quite pinky / red i’d say. But more on the tissue than the initial show for my missed m/c.m before so as soon as I saw it I was thinking here we go again.  its stopped for now so I have no idea what to think I so thought I was so close to safe zone too!  I might contact Midwife again Monday morning to see if she can refer Me into epu on Monday, just so I can at least know what I’m dealing with? No one was available at all yesterday. I was tempted to go to A&e to see if I could get a scan that way, anyone done that,  or done that at weekend ? 

So sorry to hear of your recent loss of your twin mrs fish and of course to all of you for your m/c’s. It sucks, and def not a subject other people want to hear /talk about it’s like it jinxes them!

good luck girls x

• Options

Should add I had a scan at 9wks where all looked ok, and midwife heard heartbeat again at 10wks, I’m 12wks on Monday 

• Options

Hi oborne welcome to the group, try not to panic about bleeding, as ele said I had bleeding quite a few times in my last pregnancy every time Ultrasound showed everything was fine and that i had cervical ectropian (where cells that should be on the inside are on the outside of my cervix and anything from having sex to a bowel movement and the same as you carrying heavy shopping bags could cause it to bleed because they were sensitive) but it never affected baby at all and the same as Mrs fish I didn’t have any bleeding for a couple of weeks and then my baby suddenly passed away At 13 weeks)  So it had nothing to do with baby at all :) try not to worry that’s the worst thing you can do (easier said than done I know) try and contact epu again if you can, I do have a child already, lily she’s 3 :) 

• Options

As for me I’ve just had my scan done! Everything is perfect! Baby is measuring exactly the same as my dates which is a relief! A heart rate of 175bpm! (So now we are thinking girl!) and luckily she didn’t have to do an internal scan which I was a bit relieved about! I finally feel like I can calm down a bit xD 

• Options

Fabulous news Mummytolily so happy that all is going well :-) xxxx

Bibble how did you get on yesterday? 

• Options

great news re scan: is that a 9wk scan? So nice when all as it should be and thanks for reassurance too about the bleeding, fingers crossed it is something like that for me! I’m feeling slightly more positive now, but also really trying to somehow prepare myself for worst at same time

mummytolily name should have given me a clue!! 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

• Options

Thanks Mrs fish xD 

oborne it sure is I’m 9 weeks today ☺️ I’m glad you feel a bit reassured, if you manage to go to epu get them to check your cervix as they  check it until the second time I went, it’s not something they can see on a scan, they had to put this thing up me (Sorry) and keep opening it and then see if they could see like a graze on my cervix as that’s what it looks like and if it is that they’ll take a swab to check for an infection which luckily i didn’t have but it’s worth a check :) hahahahaha that’s okay! 😂

• Options

They didn’t* check it until second time 

• Options

Ok thanks for the info which I looked up, I think I did have something similar before when I had a smear? , I’ve had some more blood today but this time just brown on tissue when I wiped so old and probably from whatever caused it yesterday? Obvisouly making me less positive again, but I’m in a better place than last night with accepting it can go either way now (and to be honest, thinking its not working out this time either) as me and the husband have had a good chat this morning too. So hard when I have a bump already! 

Dont want to be the voice of doom but so hard to let myself think it will all be ok, as it’s a lot further to fall.

Really hoping the best for you all!

• Options

Oborne, i totally get what you mean about expecting the worst, that's my view on things too when it comes to myself but my fingers are tightly crossed for you! 🤞🏼🤗 Do let us know how things go x

• Options

I’m only 24 so i haven’t had a smear yet but I can only imagine it’s very similar if not the same! I’m no professional but from the sounds of it, it sounds quite normal it doesn’t seem like theres much of it from what you describe? I don’t think you have anything to worry about if I’m honest 🤞🏻 Anyway! What’s making you think it’s not working out, do you have any pain? 

Still cant believe I got to see my baby today. the lady was so lovely as well xD 

• Options

Mummytolily, I'm only 23 so haven't had a smear either but the thing you're talking about is a spectulum 🤓 Did you know you're supposed to have smears once you've had a baby regardless of your age! I found this out the other day, so I will be asking my mw about this on Wednesday! 

• Options

Oh my god elexox!! I did not know this? That’s so bad they should contact you for that! I have a letter about booking a smear but will have to wait until after baby! I’ll ask my mw as well! Finally have my appt next Monday! 

• Options

Hey ladies, sorry I've not had a chance to catch up, been super busy this week. 

Oborne, welcome. Like the others have said, don't feel like you're interrupting, we're all going through the same thing, just at different stages of our pregnancy. I had some pink blood at 7weeks and panicked so went epu, all was fine with baby and it could have been a bm that caused my cervix to bleed a bit, then I had a little bit of brown blood, then it stopped. Had none since. (13+3 weeks). 

• Options

Mumtolily, that scan is amazing. I bet you're feeling much better about it today. Im very happy for you.