Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnant after miscarriage - Part 3

Replies

• Options

Morning ladies, just wanted to say thank you all so much for just being so lovely and supportive! It's been such a comfort to follow this thread the past couple of weeks (I have been trying to post but for some reason my account was on hold but it seems to be ok now) it is so lovely to see such a lovely little community of women united and supporting each other through such emotional times. 

Mummytolily, what a lovely bump! :) 

It's now been just over two weeks since my missed miscarriage, I am feeling much brighter than I was and just so grateful for the love and support that we have recieved. Can you all share how long it took you to conceive after your mc's please? I really want to start trying again straight away.. I'm worried but equally I don't want this experience to beat us!

• Options

Welcome, yellow turtle, I’m sorry for your loss but glad you are getting support and love to help you through. I had a mc last august (21st) and got pregnant again in November. I didn’t have a regular period after the mc, got pregnant after my first proper period, im now almost 30 weeks :) 

mummytolily, totally loving the bump! 

• Options

Mrs Rees I just had a proper panic attack I think over it - like I can't make my dog take a drink and they're letting me have a little human???

I was a serial pants checker too until my private scan at 9 weeks. I would never wish my sickness on anyone (still going strong at 27+3) but I do hope your symptoms keep up as I felt sometimes that was what was keeping me sane! Did you and OH decide whether to get a private scan or are you going to try and hold out for your 12 weeks? I'm not sure where you are but I got an amazing deal with abc4d which is on every couple of weeks - and then got a letter from baby bond last week about a sale on reassurance and gender scans if you were looking :) 

• Options

Lovely bump mummytolily harry will be here before we know it :) 

yellow turtle I’ve been waiting a year for my bfp after my mmc in may 2017 at 9 weeks but stopped developing at 6 weeks

mrs b I found that my dogs pain meds where making her very sleepy so when I stopped them she peeled up

undecided on scan yet may have one at 8/9 weeks when I know a heartbeat shoukd be there but not sure yet 

how did people hide pregnancy’s?? I’m gunna be around in laws and not telling them yet and I’m at work tomorrow in a dementia home with a lot of physical work and the risk of residents lashing out 

• Options

Mres rees my sensitivity was always nips not boobs only much later on did it feel like the whole boob! I know ita understandable just feel awful saying i dont wanna be pregnant again cos i want nothing more than her in my arms! Ive had a terrible night of pains again which i suspect is pgp but ive lit lying still right now and getting pains eveey couple mins so maybe braxton hicks, god knows lol hosp rang today and growth scan today so thts good lol hope weve stayed on our charts curve!

Hi yellowturtle! I had three mcs and went in a pattern of pregnant, miscarraige, 2 periods then pregnant again and repeat, 3 mcs in nine montj even saying it now still shocks me xx

Mrsb dogs are defo more awkward than babs at times! X

Love the bump mummytolily - yours appears very low compared to mine, they say boys are lower, im still gettinf bump shames by everyone i meet - never believe i only have 9 weeks to go, even oh said yoi couldnt tell i was pg yday and i had a tight hoody on 😂 i just dont know where shea hiding! 

• Options

Yellow turtle I miscarried 8th August last year at 8 weeks, found out I was pregnant again on Xmas Eve at 5 weeks and I'm now 27 weeks. I was surprised how quickly it happened as it was the first month back trying and the first month I used ovulation tests. 

MummytoLily your bump is amazing 😍 everything has gone so fast hasn't it!

Mrs Rees as far as work was concerned I had suspected Aussie Flu - I was pretty grey and then got signed off because I couldn't eat or drink anything - literally nobody guessed. You could try the old favourite 'antibiotics'? Obviously entirely up to you when you tell people but I'd maybe consider telling a manager or someone what's up if you're worried about injury and the like in the workplace. They aren't allowed to tell anyone else as far as I'm aware? 

• Options

Oh and I had to pour the pain meds down her throat as she still won't eat and was going all shaky :( poor scone

• Options

Mrsrees, I was sick a LOT during my first 13 weeks, to the point my partners family were convinced I had a stomach ulcer, and the worst luck going as I seemed to catch any bug, lol. I had serious food aversions from about five weeks so had to come up with an excuse as to why I suddenly stopped eating foods I normally love. as For work, I didn’t tell them until I was 7 weeks, I work a manual labour job so that was as long as I could leave it before I knew I had to stop the heavy lifting parts of my job, before that it was the same thing of I had a stomach bug or was just tired out from the long hours we worked. Thankfully I have amazing bosses and as soon as they knew they Changed a lot of my duties and really took care of me :) 

• Options

Has anyone lost weight further on in pregnancy, im 5ft 11 and started in oct @ 14:13 stone, went up to 15 13 and in last two weeks dropped to 15:9? Xx

• Options

Bobble im up and down constantly with bloating. At the moment I'm about 4lbs up on my weight at 8 weeks, but last week I was 6lbs up! I also think the hot weather has stolen a lot of my appetite and I feel like I'm eating smaller portions and less often. 

• Options

Yellow turtle I started with my mc on 9th April 2017 and got my bfp on 27th July July. Hallie is 10 weeks tomorrow! Time needs to slow down!!!

• Options

my weight is all over the place, bobble. I lost 6kg in the first 10 weeks, have put Some back on but not all and my weight still goes up and down depending on the day. 

She is so cute, lisl! Love her little dress :) 

• Options

Thank you so much for sharing. It really is a mixed bag isn't it! Lisil she is a look cute!! Can't wait to be posting pics like this one day image

• Options

*soooooo 

• Options

time really does need to slow down my son is changing everyday and is becoming his own little person he’s now 13 months old and currently 24 weeks pregnant.

Yellowturtle I had a miscarriage in October 2015 I was 8weeks pregnant but baby died at 6weeks and finally got my Bfp in August 2016 and he stuck 😍 then got caught again when he was 8months old due in sept xxx

• Options

Is it normal to have a funny shooting pain when going for a pee?? I had one today and a smaller pain later on think it’s just from stretching and the extra blood but gave me a bit of a shock 

i love that dress lisil xx

• Options

Thank you everyone 💙

bobble I agree my bump is definitely a lot lower now than it was with lily! It’s dropped a lot the last week or two so now I’m more convinced he’s going to be early! Don’t listen to what other people say I’m sure you have a beautiful bump! & think of how Mrs fish was with her bump and how other people made her feel about it and now look she has a beautiful baby girl! So just goes to show it doesn’t matter as long as baby is growing nice and healthy then who cares! Also regards to weight gain my Midwife moaned at me last time about my weight gain 🙄 (I love my food haha) and I said to her well how would she feel if I stayed the same weight or lost a few pounds with the rest of the pregnancy she said as long as you’re eating and not starving yourself and I lost a few pounds that’d be fine! It’s only if you’re not eating that they’ll be concerned! How did your growth scan go? 

Mrs Rees I would definitely consider telling someone you trust at work especially if you feel you’re at risk! Also the pee thing sounds very normal to me! I still get that now! 

Hope everyone’s good! 

• Options

Thanks mummytolily I was pretty sure its nothing to worry about probs just where the blood flow has increased and stuff getting bigger and that’s but I suppose I’m guna be a big worrier and very little niggle is going to make me question everything 

as for work my manager has a big mouth, her partner works their too as well as her daughter, her partner isn’t very good friends with others that work there too answer I think it would just end up going round the home, think I’m gunna fake a back injury and hope I get put on the easier residents or with another staff member who can do the heavy lifting 

• Options

Bobble I still have bump envy!! We were chatting to a waitress who was 15 wks pg, and defo higher than I was at 36 weeks - I was just one of those ppl that didn’t have a big baby bump - you could be similar.  upside is, less stretch marks 😜👍 

Hope little lady is growing well and scan went well? 

We had injections this arvo, hoping all stays peaceful 🤞 

Lisl, super cute outfit!! Millie has gone into 3-6 months as she is so long! So many unworn clothes!! 

Mrs Rees, back injury is a good plan if you don’t want everyone knowing....

I just went with the truth with my manager, but didn’t tell colleagues until 20 weeks - due to My safe zone being extended by consultant.  Still super excited for you!! Along with others I had a feeling about this month, I think it is because you had pretty much not bothered, and were more relaxed about it all.  Is Hubbie super excited? Xx

• Options

Yeah he’s excited But he’s definatly more nervous so isn’t jumping for joy as he was last time which is to be expected he’s super cautious though won’t let me carry anything, no hot baths checking if everything I’m eating or doing is ok for pregnancy hes so good bless him although didn’t stop me exploring a cave with him and my nephew today at the beach which involved some rock clambering haha 

providing this pregnancy goes well we will be doing same as you Mrs fish and not preventing another pregnancy after this one is born 

hope injections went ok 

hope scan went ok bobble 

Mama bear 24 weeks time really is flying