Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnant after miscarriage - Part 4

Replies

• Options

Steffyjane a tough one as I would get abit upset about this. I think it's likely just for the child and keeping step daughter happy, showing that everything is ok between the families and stuff. Personally I would try to be the bigger person and get a small gift even if it wasn't done in return as no one can say you don't try. Maybe do it from all of you? 

I'm just coming back to the island and about to tell my girls they are having a brother eek.

My c section scar is very sore and in a few places looked as if it had been torn a little. I think I'm not getting along with the gel and the constant scanning on the scar. Not having a scan now for just over three weeks (NHS one for 20 week scan) then will have a private scan at 26 weeks for a 4d one but easing off a little until baby is away from my c section a bit xx

• Options

MrsB haven't really thought about a sweep, I guess I'll just see how I feel even closer to due date, I'm not against them I guess ideally Id like it all to happen naturally (as we all do I'm sure lol) everyone on groups and a few people I know have gone early I'm kinda hoping but pretty convinced I'll be late just because! I also think we will have a girl! 

Congrats Honeybee ,💙

• Options

Carrie I know what you mean. I ended up getting the sweep because I was terrified of needing induced - although I did start to have contractions about 3 hours before they did it so maybe I wouldn't have needed it? I hope you do go a little early, I was demented as soon as I went past my due date! 

Hubby is away out tonight for a works night out so I'm left with Evelyn myself for the first time and I'm ridiculously nervous! She's gone down absolutely fine so hoping she stays that way - and he's been warned if he comes home late and pissed he's on night feeds for the next fortnight. He's an absolute nightmare drunk - when I was 20 weeks he came home on a scooter in a Donald Trump mask so I'm hoping its not going to be a repeat of that! 

• Options

MrsB I feel like I'll feel the same by the time due date arrives, anything to get baby out lol told OH if it comes to due date we are having sex, he's not happy lol freaks him out apparently! I like the punishment for your OH though I'm sure he'll miss her anyways! I did giggle at his last story mind which I'm guessing you didn't intend giggles lol x

• Options

I can giggle about it now but at 3am it wasn't as funny! He only works down the road so I can get him easily enough but he's useless at timekeeping 😂 wondering how it would go down if I show up at the pub with a pram?

By due date I was on the raspberry leave tea and evening primrose oil. Apparently they don't actually help much with inducing labour but make contractions more effective. I was only pushing for 20 mins so maybe there's something in it? 

• Options

Mrsb that made me pmsl! I wouldn't be impressed at the time but it does seem pretty funny now. Me & oh walked 4 miles from home into town this morning with the dogs and I said come Feb we will be doing this again to get baby moving he then said the hot curries and sex.. I said as long as it's not uncomfortable or painful .. oh being funny said what the sex or the curry 😂😂😂 dick lol!! Can't wait for scan tomorrow :D 

Honeybee how did the girls take the news of a baby brother? Xx

• Options

Oh mrsb that sounds like something my husband would do although if he turned up like that I think I would convince him to go outside and then lock him out for coming home so late 

mrs b I joke your girls are excited it’s a boy 

afm I’ve got a horrible cold and a bad belly where I’m taking all These tablets, the aspirin isn’t so bad as it’s disolvable and the folic acid are tiny but the vit d tablets are huge and I hate taking tablets 

• Options

MrsB I took evening primrose oil when TTC and it said don't use after ovulation so maybe there is something in it, what raspberry leaf tea did you take, tablets or actual tea? Wondering if I should start something now at 37 weeks?

• Options

Mrsb how was hubby in the end? 

Mrsrees I hope you feel better soon, sounds like a horrible concoction of drugs but I hope they help you :) 

We had 20 week scan today and Oscar was laying directly between my hips head down back up against my tummy scan took an hour n half! Was getting rather painful towards the end. 

• Options

Aw Steffyjane typical! I love the 20 week scan though it shows so much clearer than early ones! Looks like he's a damsel in distress with his arm up is that right?x

• Options

I know it was just amazing!! Yes he does doesn't he 😂😂😂 like his big sister! Must be on there dad's side 😂😂 he can be a drama queen lol xx

• Options

looks like Oscar is going to be a little handful steffy :) lovely pic though glad everything is going well I always look for your updates specifically because we where only a few days apart in our due dates and I always felt a bit of a connection and although I lost my baby I’m so happy to see your pregnancy progress 

I don’t think it too bad a concoction of meds i think it’s just that I don’t take medication very often of it effects me when I do 

• Options

I expect he will be mrsrees 😂😂 aw that really means a lot Hun, I also felt a connection and was so looking forward to sharing my experience with you. I will be more than happy to always keep you updated xx

• Options

Hello, just wondering if anyone on here has had something called a hematona? where there is blood outside the sack? Had a private scan yesterday and the lady who was scanning said I had this x

• Options

No i haven't but I have heard of this, how far gone are you? I did however go for a scan early with my second when I thought I was miscarrying and they found baby with heart beat but some blood in the womb which they said could have been my babies twin. Does that sound similar? Contact your midwife for more information as Google can sometime do more harm then good. And don't think it's the end if you bleed hun as the blood may come away like it did with me but of course get it checked out.

So I had a Doppler check at the maternity unit last week with reduced movements, luckily baby was well and all was good. Only felt baby once yesterday when average is five to seven times. So hoping baby is active today. I'm a bit reluctant to go in as my c section scar is becoming sore and inflamed now everytime they scan or use the Doppler, I wonder if it's the gel they use? But last time they warned me that if I get an infection on the scar it could put baby at risk. So have chosen to not have a scan every two weeks for a while, have the NHS 20 week one 8th October (will be nearly 21 weeks) and will have a 4D one about 26 weeks and then the NHS will scan me again at 28 weeks (growth checking) so hoping leaving some time for scar to heal without irritating it will do it some good. Anyone else with a previous scar have this problem? Xxx

• Options

Amie, I had one. It’s also called a subchronic hemorrage. I had some light bleeding at 8 weeks and they rushed me in for an emergency scan due to past miscarriage. By the time I had my 12 week scan it was completely gone. I’m now 26 weeks and not had any bleeding since 9 weeks and baby is doing perfectly.

Sotry Honeybee, I don’t have any experience with a previous scar but if you feel like somethings wrong with baby it’s always best to get some advice! x

• Options

Honeybee Oscar gets like that at the weekends very lazy & doesn't move much! Must be a boy thing!! Glad he's ok have you picked a name yet? Amie I haven't experienced this either Im afraid hope its ok though. Kaaayls I didn't realize you were that far along :D 

Hope everyone is ok :)

I had a dream last night that I was in a car with my nan & 3 children, I said to her I thought we were onlu taking 2 back and she said we are but I said there's a little blond baby girl, I took a picture of the girls and went to show her and the baby didn't show up on the pic..

It was so weird.. I wonder if it was the ghost or spirit of the baby I mc? I always have a tendency to wake up several times in the night and think I'm no longer pregnant as if I've delivered baby 😂😂 does anyone else do that? X

• Options

Thanks for getting back to me girls! 

Honeybee- I'm 10 weeks I don't have my own midwife as if yet my booking in appointment isnt until this Thursday but I did phone up epu and spoke to a widwife, she gave me a scan for tomorrow to measure the size of the bleed and monitor it! I was bleeding fri-sun and it's died off today but I'm not to worried as the scan  i had on Saturday baby was measuring as should and heartbeat was perfect 

kayls- the sonographer said I was just a small bleed so hopefully it clears up by my 12 week scan! I had a small bleed over the weekend but hopefully hat was just the blood coming away as baby was good at the scan u had Saturday night xx

• Options

Hi ladies me again

Today I went to the dentist and he gave me an x-ray as I've got a lump on my gum, he said the tooth is badly infected :'( they won't treat me with antibiotics. My options are to monitor it & do nothing, extraction or root canal. It's not bothering me atm but I'm worried long term. Plus I'm terrified of the dentist. This is a new surgery I'm at now. So I don't know what to do for the best xx

• Options

Amie, Mine was only small too! And the midwife said to me it’s more common in people who have had previous miscarriages. I’d only be worried if you were told it was a large bleed. Not long to wait until you’re 12 week scan now! ❤️ 

Steffy, Can the dentist not prescribe antibiotics that’s are safe in pregnancy? It seems odd that they’re not wanting to get rid of the infection before doing anything else. Hope it gets sorted soon, toothache is unbearable 😩

Quick update on me; I posted about the fact I was being investigated for a clot a while back. On a good note... NO CLOTS🎉 However now they’re investigating my heart 🙄😂 My resting heart rate keeps rising to 120+ and the shortness of breath is ridiculois! I’ve become a medical mystery to my doctors haha! Little peanut however is doing perfectly! Hope everyone else is well 💞