Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnant after miscarriage - Part 5

Replies

• Options
    Hi Lou, your 20 week scan seems to have come round quick! 
    Sounds like you’re still having trouble though. Hopefully it will settle down. 
    Im 16 weeks and having a gender scan on Sunday. Nervous and excited in equal measures, we’ll in truth probably more nervous than excited. My anxiety is not great. I just keep thinking I’m gunna lose this baby too and I’m finding it tough.xxxx

• Options
    I have to go to my scan by myself my boyfriend can't get out of work so i feel a little nervous to. I have decided to find out what I am having as I want to know and I just will keep it to myself. But I will share it with you lot on here of course. It will be exciting to know won't it Emj3  I can understand you feeling nervous and having anxiety but try and keep positive looking forward to hearing your news after the weekend x
  • Options
    Yeah you’re right, it’s important to be positive. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 Everything’s ok.xxxx
  • Options
    Hi ladies how are we all doing? 
    So hard to get back onto the chat wasn’t receiving any notifications either. 

I cant believe how fast time is flying by now, we have booked a private gender scan for the 20th I’ll be 16 weeks on the day currently 14+3 weeks, sickness still hasn’t worn off and I feel awful most days, don’t remember feeling this rough when I was pregnant with my son. 

I’ve got my midwife appointment on Tuesday so I’m nervous as we sent the Doppler back a few weeks back and everyday I worry something is wrong, I keep thinking she won’t find the heartbeat on Tuesday. Emj3 I completely understand your anxiety I’m the exact same. 

Xx 
  • Options
    @claudsanch I know exactly what you mean. I’m 16+2 now so have my gender scan booked for tomorrow. I just keep hoping that everything will be fine and we get to know the sex and get to tell the kids we’re having a baby. It feels like the longest 16 weeks ever, although in some ways time seems to be going quick too. Very strange. 

I still have the Doppler- I get too stressed coming up to a scan but hopefully as the movements become more regular, I won’t need it.

xxxx
  • Options
    Emj3 how did your scan go.
    Hope everyone else is okay.

I had a stressful weekend I wish things would get better but at the moment there not. Getting scared as baby seems a bit quiet on the movement front but I have my scan Thursday my boyfriend is not coming as he's a security guard for a food change and has to go to court Thursday because of an assault on a member of staff at Christmas. So I have to go by myself. I am not looking forward to it any longer and I am quite scared this baby needs to move a bit more in the next couple of days for me to be certain that everything is okay.
     I have not had the best of mornings I sat down and spoke to my boyfriend about when he will be moving in and it does not sound like anytime soon. The problem is that my ex is taking me to court over access to the kids because I won't let him have u supervised access to the kids because he's an alcoholic. My boyfriends ex wife does not know we are together because it's easier that way and less stressful and she would stop my boyfriend seeing his kids. He's living at a caravan which is were he has the kids overnight when he has them and if he moved in here he would have to sell the caravan that he part owns with a friend as he would not be able to keep it on and live with me an help out financially towards my rent as I currently get housing benefit and rent privately I live in a 4 bedroom massionett which is fairly expensive in rent. Also she would let him have his kids here. 
    Its all very good reasons but it seems like we are going to both have to wait until things calm down after baby is born and then wait until my ex and his ex wife get bored with the situation of us being together and the baby. Hoping they will except things and leave us to get on with it basically b4 we can move in together.His kids will need time to get use to the idea of one me and him being together and them having a little baby brother or sister. I understand it all but I feel disappointed and like my life is on hold becuase of everyone else. I actually feel quite depressed now, as it is I am suffering from anxiety and if I wake up at night it takes me the best part of 3hours to go back to sleep worrying about everything an I honestly don't know how much more I can deal with so I am going to see my doctor tomorrow to see what they can do I have also found out if I can prove my depression and anxiety to my doctor I can get free legal aid for court.
    I am also currently putting in a dla form and trying to get my son referred to the childrens unit to be tested for autism adhd and a couple of other things. An tomorrow my boyfriend is moving furniture around so my 3 kids will be in separate bedrooms I am hoping this will make it better for settling the little 2 at night who are 3 and 5 an maybe they will stop waking up at 6:30 every morning to.
    I really need someone to tell me that things will get better and I actually I can cope with this all because honestly right now I actually don't know how I am copping with all this. 
    An I hoping my baby is okay and it's not going too be bad news Thursday. 
  • Options

Hi @Claudsanch and everyone else here. 

We hope you're managing to get around the new forum alright.
    A couple of tips: Please hit the green star next to any threads you want to bookmark which switch on notifications for that thread. 

And if you want to post pics, you might need to shrink your images first: here is a guide how to do that (takes 2 mins)

Also, you can now tag people in posts, so just add a @ before the persons name. 

• Options
    Emj, I totally know that fear of lossing all to well I did had those thoughts throughout my entire pregnancy but I promise it gets better. Now the worry doesn’t go away until that baby is in your arms but as the weeks go on things does ease especially as you feel movement that reassured me every day and when that felt reduced which was rarely ever with my lil busy one lol I would phone my doctor who would immediately call triage and have them waiting for me to see if something was going on. Hoping all will be well for you over the next half of your pregnancy because guess what your halfway through it whoo hoo!! How was your gender scan?
  • Options
    @Dee2dee, After my melt down, I just loved my gender scan. To be honest I’m floating on cloud 9. I wasn’t bothered either way about the gender but it’s just made it feel so real. I’m just so scared it could be taken away. I really hope as movements get more regular etc that it eases the worry like you say! 
    How’s your little princess doing?
    csnt believe I’m getting a princess too!💗💗💗💗xxx

@Lou38, I’m not surprised you’re worrying, you have so much stress going on- you’re going to have to put you and the baby first. You seem to have a lot of issues to work through with other people which just makes things hard for you. Seeing your doctor is a good idea! Fingers crossed things will settle down a bit soon.xxx
  • Options
    My little princess.💖💖💖xxx
  • Options
    I am so glad your gender scan went well emj3 congratulations on the baby girl.
    Thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    I am soo happy for you emj3! Congratulations 💕 are you telling your children now? Xx
  • Options
    @Claudsanch we told them yesterday after the scan and then they pulled a confetti cannon together to reveal the gender. It was such a special moment. We were just getting a bit worried that someone was going to slip up.xxx
  • Options
    Ah that’s lovely! Congrats again.
    ive got the midwife tomorrow and then a week Wednesday my private gender scan, I’m feeling a bit scared thinking my midwife won’t find the heartbeat! Xx
  • Options
    I know @Claudsanch- it’s flipping nerve wracking isn’t it. Hopefully the midwife will put you more at ease. I’m sure everything will be fine. Be strong and think positively. Easier said than done I know.xxxxx
  • Options
    Thank you @EmJ3 I am so happy for you though! xx
  • Options
    Aww how exciting emj you’re having a princess 🎀 I’m so happy for you. My princess is doing well 8 weeks old now weighting 10lbs 2oz such a lil fatty already lol. She’s getting her ears peirced soon along with her Christianing coming up. I’m so happy for you and the rest of you ladies. Praying for a happy healthy 9 months. 
    @Lou you poor thing it sounds like you’ve got so much going on right and extra stress you don’t need. I agree with emj you’ve got to worry about baby and yourself right now. Hope things get better
  • Options
    @Claudsanch, good luck with the midwife.xxx

@Dee2dee, I can’t believe she’s 8 weeks old. Time is flying by!!!!xxxx
  • Options
    I’m having a complete wobble and I’m petrified of going @EmJ3, other half is at work today and couldn’t get out for it so I’m going on my own and I’m so scared! X
  • Options
    I know how you feel. I have one tomorrow morning. Take a few deep breaths, think positively and try to stay as calm as possible. You can do this.xxx