Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnant after miscarriage - Part 5

Replies

• Options
    Well it went ok, she wouldn’t listen to heartbeat becUse I’m 15 weeks not 16.. so I come away none the wiser anyway xxx
  • Options
    At least it went ok @claudsanch! The whole thing is so worrying.xxxx
  • Options
    It is @EmJ3 I’ll iust have to wait until next Wednesday when I have my scan now :) xxx
  • Options
    Hi everyone well I have good news scan went very well I have been very emotional and relieved. I have had tears of happiness. I am having a girl and everything is really good she is exactly how she should be with everything were it should be . 
  • Options
    Awww congratulations @Lou38! Another girl!💖💖💖💖xxx
  • Options
    Having a wobble tonight. Listened with the Doppler earlier and baby’s heatbeat was a little faster than normal. Listened 20 mins later and it was back to normal. Mum reassured me that it’s completely normal and the baby was being more active and playing around but it suddenly dawned on me that I can’t lose another baby and go through the whole thing again. I don’t know what I’d do. I’m petrified.
    I think it’s because I’m getting close to when I lost my angel baby. I’m 17 weeks now and I lost Jacob at 20 weeks.
    Midwife suggested speaking to my doctor and maybe getting some medication. I’ve never taken anything like that before. 
    Has anyone been on anxiety medication when pregnant?
    I’m just panicking.

is it normal to feel this anxious after losing babies?xxxx
  • Options
    Yes it's perfectly normal to feel anxious after loosing babies. I have never been on anything whilst pregnant apart from steroids becuase I have erythema nodsums basically hard bruise like lumps on my shins which is related to hormones i first had it when pregnant with Emma who is 12 now. Not been so bad in this pregnancy though.
    If the doctor thi ks you should take something  for your anxiety and its safe to take then I would take it. I would just be careful using doppler because it sounds like you are worried if heart beats to fast as well all I am saying is that is it making your anxiety worse?? I would definitely go and speak to your doctor though I really would. Please take care of yourself and get plenty of rest and take it easy if you can 
  • Options
    Thanks Lou. I’ve found the Doppler really reassuring till today but I think it’s because I’m just anxious in general. Think I just need to get over the next few weeks. Had a scan on Wednesday and everything was great. It’s just hard. I’m on steroids too for low platelets in my blood. The joys.xxx
  • Options
    Hi ladies how are you all? 
    I have my scan tomorrow and I’m petrified all I keep thinking is this baby isn’t ok and won’t have a heartbeat no matter what I do I can’t help but think something is wrong. 
    I am 16 weeks tomorrow and haven’t felt any movement bump is tiny if you can even call it that! 
    Im driving everyone around me crazy with my negativity but I just can’t help it. 
    I haven’t enjoyed what is going to be my last pregnancy I feel so detached too. Xx
  • Options
    @Claudsanch I totally get it. It’s scary. I literally had a melt down at my scan last week- I couldn’t stop crying and I’m dreading my 20 week one already- it’s in 2 weeks. Alls I can say is, be honest with people how you’re feeling and try to be as positive as you can. 

Its normal to not feel anything at 16 weeks- lots of women don’t. Remember we’re here if you need to rant, panic or cry.xxxx
  • Options
    Thank you @EmJ3 that really means a lot to me! I feel like no one understands and they just moan at me for feeling this way.
    im trying to be positive but I keep thinking that as soon as they scan me they’re not going to find the heartbeat I’m petrified. 

I see so so many people that feel things from 15 weeks with there second yet I don’t think I’ve felt anything and I feel less bloated also. 

its my day off today so think I’ve got more time on my hands to think also! I am baking cupcakes later with pink and blue inside for my reveal tomorrow so that’s making me anxious incase something is wrong! Xx
  • Options

Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind me joining in!

I am on cycle 9 ttc, 6cycles since mc. I am wondering how long it took those of you who are now pregnant to fall pregnant again? I am on cd19 and really hoping for good news at the end of the month.

• Options
    Claudsanch I understand how you feel its not fun feeling like you can't enjoy being pregnant because your scared that something is wrong an feeling anxious an feeling like you you can't attach yourself to baby because you are so scared something will go wrong. Have you spoken to your doctor or midwife about how you feel I really think you should not sure if there is anything they can do but it might help and there maybe something they can do.
    Other people that you maybe saying this all to will not understand if they have not been through what we all have on here if it's family  then they need to be understanding of how you are feeling and supportive. 
    If you feel they are.not then definitely go to your doctors but we are here for you and If you are having a bad day then come on here. As we all understand how you feel x
  • Options
    An that goes for anyone on here if you are having a hard time or feeling anxious or stressed an you are scared we are all on here to support each other because we understand more than most about pregnancy after miscarriage(s). 
  • Options
    Billythekitty it took 5/6 months for me to fall pregnant after my last misscairrage last May 2018 and this pregnancy is from end of October early November but was not planned.
    The one b4 it took from August 2017 to May 2018  an was pregnant early May so that was 9 months.
    An my first misscairrage was August 2016 was pregnant again by the end of June 2017 so that was 10 months also. 

I think it took less time to get pregnant this time because I was in really good health and since my first misscairrage I lost 2 St 9 lbs on slimming world so was in really really good health basically I was back to my lowest weight since b4 having my eldest who is 13 this year. 
  • Options
    Thank you Lou! Wow, what a journey you've been through! Glad to hear you are in good health now and happily pregnant! Every forum I looked, ladies got pregnant shortly after their mc, so I was starting to worry. I am healthy and young and was not expecting to take this long to get pregnant. Thanks for the little tidbit of information :)
  • Options
    No problem I forgot to add I have 3 children b4 the miscarriages with no miscarriages in between. My children's ages are 12, 5, and 3. So yes this pregnancy has been very much a long journey but unfortunately has come along with all other host of situations and stress in the back ground and this rainbow baby is very much my little miracle so far. I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you fall pregnant soon x
  • Options
    edited Mar 19, 2019 1:06PM
    Hi I'm new to this thread so hope you don't mind me joining. I have had 3 miscarriages in the past 2 at 8 weeks and my last at 16 weeks. I'm now pregnant again 11 weeks tomorrow, I'm now at the point were I'm not even looking to the future with this one as I don't want to get my hopes up. Anyone had 3 miscarriages and went on to have a healthy baby? Can't stop thinking the worst.
  • Options
    Claudsanch your anxiousness is normal along with feelings of being detached due to losses in the pass I felt the same way during my pregnancy. Each time your able to see your lil one you feel better and better. Welcome to the ladies new to the chat sorry for your loss. I had 4 miscarriages 3 happen in 2016 1 happen in 2017 and then it took a lil over a year to become pregnant since the last one and we now have a 9 week old daughter. I am older and waited for our rainbow baby for quit some time. Since having her I have dealt with some postpartum issues but I’m apart of a group that helps with that. I believe it’s all tied in with the past losses and becoming attached along with being older and feeling like I can’t do this but it’s only fear that eventually goes away. I bf and read an article that said due to the pressures of bf moms it causes postpartum in moms not sure if it’s true definitely gonna bring it up to my counselor. All the best ladies with upcoming scans 
  • Options
    @Dee2dee, I know things are still tough for you but it must be inspiring for others to hear you have you rainbow now- (it is for me) and she’s just gorgeous!!! I hope you’re both well. I hope this offers some comfort @Sami0227

welcome to the newbies- really sorry for your losses. It’s heartbreaking. We know all too well the sadness that loss brings.

@billythekitty- all I can say is that everyone seems so different. My daughter wasn’t planned, my son took around 7 months to conceive and then my angel baby took about 8/9 months to conceive. I lost him at 20 weeks last year. It then took around 4 months to conceive again but I lost that baby at 11 weeks. It took about another 4 months for me to conceive again but actually only 1 month of ttc and I am now pregnant with my rainbow baby girl and am practically 18 weeks.
    what I’m trying to say is, I think it’s different for each baby and is down to timing it right and a lot of luck. And perhaps less stress?!

somethings I tried after my first loss were, the pregnacare tablets, excersing, losing a little bit of weight, eating Brazil and almond nuts most days and using the ovulation kits. I have to say though, the months were I was completely obsessed with it were awful- I was a little psychotic (a lot to do with grief) and I stressed myself out too much.
    I also (after advice on here) didn’t tell my hubby when I was ovulating as it was becoming an issue, and tried to see the ov kits as optimum times rather than the be all and end all. I seemed to conceive when we baby danced before ovulation as well as around ovulation.
     Baby dust to those TTC.xxxx