Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What does your child’s dream bedroom look like? Tell Dulux for your chance to win £500 B&Q vouchers

Replies

• Options

I think as parents we always get sucked in to the latest trends, which is why my girls' bedrooms look like a set from Frozen! However, they really love feeling more 'grown up' these days and when I asked what they'd like their room to be like now they actually spoke about more neutral colours with lots of soft furnishings. They're 8 and 7 and love Dulux Tea Rose and Almost Pink as opposed to barbie pinks (which they stuck their tongues out at). They want their bedrooms to look like a "princess's palace" with four-poster beds and extra cushions on their beds. I'll be pitching up in their room when we next decorate!

• Options

One of my girls is 13 years old, so it's all about glamour , girly and sparkles. A double bed with lots of cushions, a dressing table with a mirror with lights around it. A big cushioned chair, a double wardrobe for all those clothes . Soft lighting and lots of trays for make up.

• Options

My 20 month old loves Bambi and butterflies and the colour pink and hearts and flowers would love pink walls a Bambi bed butterfly's flying together on one wall a Bambi mirror on another wall large Bambi mural on another wall 

• Options

My granddaughter regularly stays over for sleepovers. She has a 17 month old brother  and desperately wants to update « their» bedroom so he can enjoy it too. She would love bunk or cabin beds with a mural by each, the frozen princesses for her and Olaf for her brother. There would be toy boxes, a wigwam, a reading corner with bean bags and a blackboard wall for  displaying artworks. Oh and  a circus train running around the top of the walls.

• Options

my daughter would love to have a room like a swimming pool!! full off mermaids and dolphins x

• Options

My two-year-old son said: "Dinosaurs, lots of dinosaurs all over and a mountain on fire (I think he meant a volcano!). I want a big t-rex, and some bird ones on the ceiling. On that wall I want Arlo and Spot and a rhino dinosaur!

• Options

My son would have his bedroom in a Lego theme, with a massive lego city with lots of lego men and cars.  He loves all the vibrant colours and it matches his personality a treat.  He would love for this dream bedroom to become a reality.

• Options

It's milky turquoise & dusty pink paint sprinkled with glitter that really shows up at night when all the twinkling lights are on.The bunk bed will have lovely covers and lots of room so my friends can stay over.The theme is just pink,turquoise ,glitter and little lights. (age 9)

• Options

My son is 4 years old and he would like a marvel themed bedroom with marvel wall lights and wallpaper and a marvel rug 

• Options

my son would love it if his room were made to look like a scene from minecraft

• Options

Definitely blue with many many tractors!

• Options

Its got to be Thomas the Tank Engine

• Options

My sons share a room and they are both mad about flying, so their room would be plane themed, light blue walls and with plane themed motifs and furniture.  I'd like to add glow in the dark stars for night time and some controls at the end of the bed so they can lose themselves in their imagination!!

• Options

We spoke to our son who described a magical woodland forest, with trees and animals.

He spoke of greens and browns with a deep blue sky on the ceiling. He wants animals painted on the tree tops and insects crawling up the bark. A big grassy rug and glow in the dark painted stars (he says they have to be painted or it won't work). 

I quite like the sound of a forest cabin in the upstairs bedroom, would make a change from magnolia!

• Options

My 5 year old daughter Sophie said she would like a tropical beach paradise in her bedroom as we don't get many sunny days here in England and she wishes every day would be sunny and spent on the beach. She'd like bright colours, yellow, green, orange and blue to remind her of the sea, perhaps even a beach scene painted on her wall with fish swimming by so she can pretend it's a sunny summer day spent at the seaside all year round

• Options

I've just talked to my son and he wants black with silver stars. ceiling and walls lol. He wants his dad (Whose a dab hand at carpentry) to make a bed shaped like a rocket and us to hang planets around the room. I'm not too sure about a black room lol

• Options

it would be a heady mixture of both monster trucks and princesses. Butterflys and unicorns would vie with rocket jets for space on her walls 

• Options

My 3 year old son loves pirates so he has requested that he has a pirate bedroom, with blue walls because his favourite colour is blue. He wants to have bunk beds (preferably the type with a slide!) 

My other son is only 6 months old so I cannot get specific requests from him, but his absolute favourite thingo are elephants and bright colours so I am sure he would love a circus theme bedroom!

• Options

my 4 year old is railway mad and would love his whole bedroom to be a steam engine, complete with a boiler and a funnel.  He's a bit hazy about how that would work (and so am I lol)

then he changed his mind and moved to boats.  There is a "tent" over his bed which is currently a sail for his bed boat (it's just a bed, but in his head it's a boat just now), so the floor is water (which should be blue, obviously), and the walls can be golden sands, fiery mountains in far off lands :-)

• Options

My 6 year old boy is all about trains. He would love walls of the color Mineral Mist to look like the sky and perhaps a diesel painted on one of the walls, the diesel Flying Banana painted with Lemon Pie color. he would like a train track on the walls and a train like bed. 

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions