Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What does your child’s dream bedroom look like? Tell Dulux for your chance to win £500 B&Q vouchers

Replies

• Options

My daughter Imogen has been designing what her new room will look like. It is a Paris theme with Paris script style wallpaper in a duck egg shade on one feature wall with Dulux Mint Macaroon paint on the remaining three walls. She also wants a large wall sticker of the Eiffel Tower on one of the plain walls. With a bird cage style ceiling light. Lots of glitter and furry cushions in French grey, duck egg and glitter. A grand looking chair for her French grey dressing table and a large baroque fairy tale style mirror above  the dressing  table. Duck egg curtain  with a French grey voile panel. How very ooo la la!

• Options

My son would love a sailing themed room

• Options

my son is mad about jcb and diggers so everything in black and yellow and digger theme and items.

• Options

my daughter is space mad and deided she would love black and navy walls with little white dots ?!

• Options

Hi my daughter would love a girly pink girly princess palace she does ballet and loves anything sparkly also loves ponies

• Options

At the moment my little girl has a woodland theme on her walls, but I think she would like a more fairytale princess theme, with pink walls and pretty, dainty curtains and quilt, preferably on a bed with net drapes.

• Options

L WOULD LOVE MY GRANDAUGHTERS BEDROOM TO BE A CIRCUS THEME WITH A CIRCUS TENT PAINTING ON THE ROOF AND THE WALLS WOULD BE A PALE GREAN AND PINK  PASTEL BLUE PASTEL ALL CANDY STRIPED EFFECT LOTS ANIMALS ALSO PAINTED ON THE WALLS MONKEYS  SNAKES  BEARS  A FEW TREES PAINTED ALSO LOTS FLOWERS ALL PASTEL COLOURS  IT WOULD BE A  PROPER  FUN TIME CIRCUS KIDS ONLY

• Options

My grandson has just been to Drayton Manor Park and now wants a Thomas the Tank Engine themed bedroom.

• Options

My 8yr old niece would love a seaside themed bedroom. Blue walls and ceiling for the sky and yellow carpet in a sand colour. Palm trees on the walls and her duvet cover in a very deep blue, like the sea so she could just dive into it!  A large seaside bucket for a litter bin and smaller ones to keep her bits & pieces in. On the wardrobe front she would like a Punch & Judy show painted. I said I could sew her a big cushion in the shape of a spade to sit on the bed. Also a stripey throw on her bed to look like a beach towel. She would love a lamp which looked like an ice cream cone and a big donkey cuddly toy. This room sounds very appealing to me too!

• Options

My daughter is spiderman crazy she loves watching it and has lots of lego and teddys for spiderman too. Her dream bedroom would probably be a combination of blue and red walls with a feature wall having a spiderman mural or painting of some kind on there. She has spiderman bedding and would love spiderman curtains too. proper little superfan :)

• Options

I asked my 3 year old daughter to describe how she'd like her bedroom:
    "All purple with unicorn, glitter, sparkle would be ammmmmaazing, I could have rainbows on here, put my toys in a white castle there....." She got very animated, twirling around her room - pointing to where in her room she'd like things. She absolutely loves the colour lilac so that would be the main theme colour. I'd love to make her vision a reality as she has thought very deeply about what she'd like her room to be...I think she's desperate to transform her boring magnolia room into somewhere magical with shimmering sparkly lilac walls, adorned with unicorns and rainbows. "Glittery light shade, wardrobe with rainbow and star shapes on and flowers".....wow her imagination is running away, so much so she's now gone off with older sister to draw plans of her room eekkk.....I super happy she wants to incorporate rainbows into her room, her name IRIS actually means 'goddess of the rainbow' so it's very fitting ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Options

I have two sons one would like three bunk beds one with curtains and a new york skyline on the wall the other would like dinosaurs as a theme. They both want lots of cushions . I would like plenty of storage for toys!

• Options

My little girl is four and is princess mad she would love to have a four poster bed as seen in the Cinderella cartoon and  she would love  princesses decorating her room xx

• Options

My daughter, Sophie, is 3.5 and has a very vivid imagination! Every night going to bed is a new adventure - we've journeyed to play with the Minions, to visit Anna and Elsa and last night we were on a deep sea adventure with the Octonauts! I love imagination in a child - Sophie would love a blackboard wall on one side so we could map out the night's adventure, draw treasure maps or items to help us on our journey - anything to feed the story. She has a built in wardrobe and Windows on the other walls so the other main wall would be yellow with butterflies as she loves them and they keep her safe at night from bad dreams. The carpet would be bright pink and I imagine the ceiling would have to be black with glow in the dark stars.

• Options

I think our little one would be quite happy if it were covered in Cbeebies characters, like twirlywoos, bing & Iggle Piggle.. lol.

• Options

A Barbie Princess Kingdom theme - very girly and very pink!

• Options

My 17 year old goth would like black walls, ceilings, bedding, furniture and carpet - with a blackout blind.

• Options

My son Zeke is 2.5 years old, but he's an old soul. He knows exactly what he likes and what he wants and just how to tell me all about it. I'll ask him the question now and type the answer as close to exactly, as it will make sense:

"I would want it to look beautiful Mommy. Black walls, black is my favourite colour! I think red carpet and my tv would be green, green is better. I need some more toys, erm, a dinosaur toy, a rabbit toy and a super hero toy. I think a black bed with beautiful flowers and some grasshoppers. I wish I could get 5 hammers on the walls and some minions, loads. 5 is a big number! I think blue and yellow curtains. I also want a T rex in there, a real one. And a Parasauralophus dinosaur and a spider web."

So there we have it. It's an odd sounding room , but he knows what he likes!

• Options

My son (5 years) loves everything blue - walls, carpets, curtains. He would like a Spiderman or all superheroes theme. He also wants to be allowed to put stickers anywhere he wants in his room.

• Options

My daughter loves everything Princess inspired, she would love a four poster white bed, and she wanted pink curtains which which put up last year, she now wants a little pink dressing table and a pink fluffy rug! Basically she is drawn to pink and white theme and Princess fairy tale inspired! 

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions