Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Best advice you’ve had from your parents? Tell Legal & General: voucher to be won!

Replies

• Options

Always have hope and don't put yourself down because they'll always believe in me and support me. having other people believe in you means that they see potential in you that they see that you can do anything you but your mind too. They've given me so much support throughout the years so that's the advice I live by with other people too, I support people and make sure they know I care about them, even having one person believe in you can mean a lot.

I think I'd say the same to my children, I'd also tell them to treat people how you want to be treated as it's how I've lived my life,

• Options

Always follow your gut, it's usually right. I would pass this onto my children too, it's helped me a lot in life. I would also tell them to save up for what they want - instant credit isn't the answer.

• Options

I always tell my children to never give up. My daughter was told on 4 separate occasions to drop her further maths A level by her teacher, as she didn't believe she would pass. My daughter worked tirelessly and attended extra lectures for another class to reinforce her learning. She not only passed with a great grade to train as a teacher herself, but also volunteers in a school to help other children struggling with maths. Her teacher admitted she was wrong

• Options

My mum always said (and still does) "what will be will be" and "everything can be sorted" She has always been such a calming influence and it's stood me in good stead for all of life's ups and downs. I try and pass the same message on to my two boys. 

• Options

The best advice my parents gave me is to not let anyone or anything disturb my inner peace. To always stay calm and to think before I act... It is definitely an advice I would pass on to my kids.

• Options

If you've got the money to pay for it - then you've got nothing to worry about

• Options

That bullies will make me a better person. Don't get me wrong, they weren't saying that it was good that the bullies did what they did, and they battled with the school so much to get the bullying to stop but as a Mum now, I can see that being bullied made me more compassionate towards others and being told to be kind to others is a great way to be. I raised my boys saying I want you to be popular but I also want you to be kind to all, if someone is being bullied, be there for them, well at my sons most recent Parents Evening the teacher said he is the kind of boy who gets along with every single person, everyone wants to be his friend and he is never cruel, so those simple words from my Parents all those years ago helped us to become kind and liked by all

• Options

The Best advise I was given by my parents and i would defiantly give to my son is,live each day like its you last, don't sweat the small stuff and have fun! live you life how you want to live it not how others want you to! its yours <3 xx 

• Options

My Parents always saved for what they wanted, and were never in debt, which I have tried to follow, and have passed down to my own children and now my little Grandson - he has a piggy bank where he saves for the things he wants to buy.

• Options

My parents advice was, to always do your best with what you have and to keep on trying.

Advice for my kids, you may hate each other sometimes but will always be there for each other 

• Options

Only spend on a credit card what you can afford to pay back at the end of the month

• Options

Only spend on a credit card what you can afford to pay back at the end of the month. 

• Options

Only spend on a credit card what you can afford to pay back at the end of the month.

• Options

Only spend on a credit card what you can afford to pay back at the end of the month. This is something I drum nto my children to, I know lots of people who have got into hot water with credit cards.

• Options

Always stay in credit , and only borrow what you easily can afford to pay back.

• Options

Always stay in credit , and only borrow what you easily can afford to pay back..

• Options

The best advice I have had is think of life as a train journey - enjoy the view, the journey and don't keep thinking about the destination because there is so much to enjoy along the way! I would say to my children: a little at a time, don't try to do too much all at once but take your time and do it properly because you will get so much more satisfaction from a job well done.

• Options

The best advice my mum gave me was to save my pocket money.  It taught me to spend my money wisely and invest in something better than £2 worth of sweeties every week.
    The best advice I've given my son is to leave his negative energy downstairs when he's going to bed.  Every night after a bath, we talk about our day and leave all the bad things by the door and "daddy takes them outside to the bin".  It's really improved his sleeping without having to worry about nasty kids in school or homework!

• Options

The best advice my Mum gave me was after I'd had my first baby - 

"Cuddle your children as much as you can, there will always be a kitchen to clean, children grow up and soon won't want to cuddle you. Make the most of these few short months, cuddle your children!" 

I will pass this advice on to my children :

-Never stand down hill from a weeing horse

- Use a condom

- Don't trust people who wear bad shoes

- Life is too short to find pairs of socks

• Options

The best piece of advice my parents ever gave me is to make the most of every day - we didn't have an easy time, and if that was one thing it taught us it's that it's important to grab opportunities and not put off til tomorrow what you can do today! Definitely advice I would pass on to my own children - after all, life is a journey not a destination

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions