Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What do you do with your kids for Hallowe’en? Tell Aldi your spookiest ideas: voucher to win!

Replies

• Options

Spooky movies and treats for us!

• Options

Dress them up and watching scary films with sweets and hot chocolate

• Options

It isn't a celebration worthy of celebration in our house, but I have been known to buy discounted stock after Halloween and use it to lay booby traps around the house. This year, I am planning to rig up a scary costume in the loft and then send one of the tribe up there to have it drop down on them as they open the loft door. I will be there to catch him!

• Options

We will firstly pick our own pumpkins and decorate them. Decorate the house, ready for the trick or treaters. We dont do scary in our house, so the kiddies will dress in their cute Halloween outfits and we will visit our neighbourhood.

• Options

We carve a pumpkin and then get together as a group to walk round the village visiting houses for treats. 

• Options

My little girl is only two, so she just likes dressing up as something spooking then seeing all the people who come to the door! 

• Options

Not too much, as we don't really feel Halloween is us.  If they have to join in with other kids, that's fine, but we usually confine ourselves to making pumpkin soup and having Haribo ready for visitors.

• Options

We have a mini family halloween party where we do apple bobbing, pumpkin carving and a sweet treasure hunt. Find it is more fun than traditional trick or treating although we always have a big bowl of sweets ready for any that come to our door.

• Options

Pumpkin carving is a whole day of fun, shopping for them together, carving them and lighting them and then cooking bits of the leftovers.  We discovered that roasting the seeds was really tasty!  Dressing up and facepainting always has to be part of the fun too!

• Options

we have a halloween party every year, we even invite the trick or treaters, even the neigh ours come over we love halloweenimage

• Options

My son loves to be creative when carving pumpkins

• Options

We make decorations together that we hang around the house. Then on Halloween we turn the lights off and get a torch and go hunting for halloween treasure (sweets that I've hidden) 

• Options

Mine are too old now but we used to have fun scaring peeps at the house rather than heading out ourselves. WE also have our own pumpkin competition. 

• Options

We are low key because (wet blanket that I am) I am concerned by all the one use rubbish that is sold and bought and pollutes our world.  We make cookies and cakes, make a pumpkin and decorations with arts and crafts.  Any dressing up has to be based around clothes we already have and a witches hat we own.  Trick or treating is only in households we know and I have a mutual agreement with.

• Options

Up until last year we just had trick and treaters to door, my son loved to hand out treats, but last year he also wanted to go trick and treaing himself, so we also did that and bumped into a  neighbour and her grandson so we went round with them.

• Options

lots of halloween tele-

mine are a little young for trick or treating yet

• Options

Trick or treating and then off to a friends house for a party

• Options

We won’t really do much to be honest!

My daughter is 2 and she’s not that interested yet, maybe next year. We will just eat sweets and watch a film.

• Options

We get our little on e Elena, dressed up and take her to select people's houses trick or treating. She has just turned three and is really looking forward to this year's experience. :) 

• Options

we go trick or treating like anyone else, but we dress up with them and kneel at the door to try and 'trick' the homeowner into thinking we are children too haha

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions