Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What do you do with your kids for Hallowe’en? Tell Aldi your spookiest ideas: voucher to win!

Replies

• Options

Absolutely dress up.  Def make some whacky food.  Those who want, take trick or treating but some get a bit scared by that.  Whatever, we have FUN

• Options

We love halloween, we all get dressed up and pop out to friends and family for the kids to play tricks on them and show off their costumes. 

We always do pumpkins and the kids love helping and coming up with their designs. Its become a bit of a tradition in the half term to head to Aldi and get our pumpkins, we decorate the hall way and we usually have hot dogs and homemade apple crumble with ice cream which my daughter helps to make. 

Its all about making memories. image

• Options

We have hotdogs and then we go trick or treating

• Options

We always carve pumpkins to encourage trick or treaters. I also make hot dog fingers for tea, using hot dog sausages cut to look like fingers.imageimage

• Options

Myself, My Husband and my 3 children all go to my Mums house. She's been decorating it inside and out, every Halloween for years... before it was 'cool'! The local newspaper did an article on her last year! The kids love it and she has hundreds of trick or treaters visiting!

imageimage

• Options

We love Halloween in our house. We all dress up. Get together with friends. As we are in Scotland we go Guising, not trick or treating and we Dook for apples. Although we've gone with pumpkins and not turnips like I did as a wee one.image imageimageimage

• Options

My youngest is six months, so this will be his first Halloween; and yes, we have purchased a pumpkin babygro ready for photos to embarrass him with when he is older. My eldest son is only two and a half, so a little too young for anything spooky, but we are introducing Halloween by taking him to a pumpkin festival at a local farm. Children get to pick their own pumpkins from a field and carve them at the farm, and there are also a whole host of other activities to introduce little ones to Halloween. 

• Options

Turn them into toads image

• Options

My daughter is 8 and she loves Halloween, she's been decorating her bedroom for weeks now and it has now found its way downstairs in the form of Glitter covered pumpkins and pumpkin lanterns! On Halloween itself we will be trick or treating in our neighbourhood, its always a struggle to get her to stop because her bucket is over flowing. She would also like to go to a Halloween party so I will be looking locally if there is anything we can attend !

• Options

pumpkin carving

• Options

We do trick or treating in our village- Always a friendly welcome for our dd!

• Options

Trick or treating of course

• Options

We make pumpkins and do a little trick/treating to friends houses in our street.

• Options

Make pumpkins, dress up and play party games the mummy game wrapped in toilet roll is a favourite 

• Options

I love making Halloween treats with my kids. We made the Rice Crispie monsters and ghosts a few years ago.image

• Options

Our son is only 6 months old so this will be his first Halloween. We’re going to dress him up like a pumpkin 🎃 carve his little hands and feet in a pumpkin and wait at the door for the little trick or treaters so he can see all of their costumes (as long as they’re not too scary) 😃

• Options

I’ve got sweets in just in case we get any guisers but as our kids have left home we don’t really expect any. It’s only fun when there are kids in the house. 

• Options

We love making lanterns

• Options

every year we go round the estate dressed up and pretend we are really scary. we give little notes to all the old people saying we want to thank you for the treats you have given us tonight and if you ever need any help or just a chat ever please speak to us at (our address) we also make trick and treat sweets some are bits of vegs in chocolate others are sweets in chocolate place all in a bowl and people take a few. xx

• Options

imageEach Halloween we all dress up, decorate the front of the house and have a bowl of treats for anyone who trick or treats us.  My youngest loves opening the door to all the children in costumes. We then head out into our village to go trick or treating too! My kids love seeing all our neighbours houses decorated and heading home with a bucket of goodies! We then eat hotdogs for dinner!

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions