Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Share great stories about your dog and what they mean to your family: £200 voucher courtesy, Winalot

Replies

• Options
    Our dog Willow just loves cuddles, to fetch, to be around us 24/7 protecting, loving....can't ask for anymore!
  • Options
    edited Oct 7, 2019 3:14AM
    Dogs are amazing! They are so loyal and caring. I have had two dogs and we lost our biggest dog a couple of years ago. We have our little jack russell still and she is absolutely fantastic! The love she has for us all and she knows the love we have for her. She is my special girl who loves cuddles. The bond she has with me melts my heart every day. She is so good with the kids and the playfulness she has with my other half is so funny! She is one awesome dog!

• Options
    My westie was a Christmas gift from my husband (we weren't married back then though) and she certainly wasn't just for Christmas. She's now almost 13 and very much part of our family. We have two boys now who adore her, as she does them.
    They love taking her exploring down the local Dene and cuddling up with her for movie night.

But we do still laugh at the tough days of puppy training...and in particular the day she left a 'present' under our Christmas tree for us 💩🤦🤣. We made a little fence to put round the tree to save any confusion for her.

She brings so much joy and happiness to the whole family ♥️
  • Options
    Dogs are just great as friends, exercise and to live.
  • Options
    We have 2 dogs , Pippa pur 11 year old whippet and Lzzy our 1 year old borzoi. Our family wouldnt be complete without our dogs, they are part of our family . my youngest has been brought up with our dogs and they are her best friends
  • Options
    They are as important as any human family member... They are so giving and loving yet provide so much fun including one of our dogs dragging my Mum into a lake! :) 
  • Options
    We got our dogs a giant kennel for the garden but I thought it would be nicer for them with some cushions in it! We put some old ones in and they loved it until they decided to rip them and we came home one day to a garden full of feathers 😬 The kids thought it was hilarious! So they gave us a funny story/memory and brought the family together as it took days to clean it up 😂
  • Options
    We have a practically blind and deaf welsh terrier called Lucy. Her demeanour is still so joyful though and the family adore her
  • Options
    We don't have out own dog but I often walk friends's dogs - we love taking them out and have a great time playing with them - it's great therapy and exercise for the whole family.
  • Options
    Our beautiful dog brings our whole family joy and comfort. We love him soooo much and our family wouldn’t be complete without him.
  • Options
    Our dog has always come to me for cuddles and played rough with my husband but 8 years ago he was having cancer treatment and it was like she knew he was ill and just used to sit at his feet whilst he was really ill, But as soon as he was better he had a lot of playing to do she was thrilled, She also went out on our sons paper round and every customer knew her and would give her treats as her very own Christmas bonus we had stacks of chocolate drops and biscuits in her cupboard
  • Options
    Our dog gives unconditional love to all members of the family. 
  • Options
    Jenson is a Labrador,   a very greedy labrador.      In the last 6 months, he has eaten a litre of sunflower oil. a tub of margarine.  half a pack of salt and a large tub of bicarb of soda.    with no ill effects at all
  • Options
    My dog is so funny I’m sure she thinks she is human. We took her to the pet shop to get her some food and let her look at herself in the mirror. She couldn’t eat it up and went to the back of the mirror to see if there was another dog there.
  • Options
    Barney is my furry first born and an excellent big brother to my daughter. They are double trouble and inseparable. He makes our family complete :) 
  • Options
    We're lucky enough to be owned by two rescue dogs, & they're a great way to get to know the neighbours! Walking them up & down the street to the local park, we've got talking to so many more people than we would have done otherwise - they're great conversation starters and ice breakers. We've got chatting with people in the local allotment too (& had some lovely free veg given to us) We've recommended local businesses and tradespeople, as well as having recommendations made to us. We also know many more of the local children than we would without the dogs.

We love our dogs to bits, & they're definitely members of our family, but I never imagined they'd be so good at helping us meet new people when we're out & about!
  • Options
    Our gorgeous One eyed Staffy Gus <3 He was being given away free on Gumtree , as he only had one eye & it's honestly the best decision I've ever made. Both kids have grown up with him, (he's now 8) & it's taught them so much about love, and the beauty of an animals unconditional love. Gus brings so much to our lives, every day & is the first one the children go to if they are upset as he instinctively licks away their tears! Every night when I go to bed, he trots into each of their bedrooms to have a quick look and check everything is all ok, I adore him!
  • Options
    My 2 dogs make me smile everyday, they're always doing things to make me laugh and that's why I love them so much. 
  • Options
    My dog means the world to our family. He is so loyal and non judgemental. He acts as a great sounding board for my kids and helps us all keep the simple things in life in the forefront of our minds such as happiness, positive communication (those big brown eyes to tell us so much!), companionship and loving what our countryside has to offer. If I could bring him to work, stress within the workplace would be greatly reduced :-) 
  • Options
    We have two dogs Fudge a 14 year old Jack Russell and Cosmo a 4 year old Labrador. 
    They mean the world to us and are truly part of the family. Fudge has been with us through ups and down, the births of our two boys and has been a real shoulder to cry on through the years. Our boys adore her and are so attentive to her especially as she gets older. Cosmo came to us when our youngest was 2 weeks old, he has grown up with him and they have such a strong bond. They are such characters and a major part of our family, we wouldn't be with out them. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions