Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Share with Aunt Bessie’s what makes your Christmas dinner the best and why: £200 Amazon prize!

Replies

• Options
    My gravy, a bad gravy can spoil a great dinner
  • Options
    We don't actually have a roast on Christmas Day anymore, we have it on Boxing Day instead.  We do a full buffet on Christmas Day instead as it means we aren't stuck in the kitchen all day missing out on all the fun in the living room, and the kids can pick at the food as and when they want without a formal table gathering.  Boxing Day we do a full roast with lots of veg to make up for all the sugar and carb intake the day before!
  • Options
    A couple of years ago I decided to try Nigella's turkey recipe - where she brines the turkey overnight, and it is a total game changer. No more dry turkey, I've converted so many friends and family!
  • Options
    My Christmas dinner is the best because it is made with love.
    I use the freshest and best food I can afford for this one special day, and take time and care preparing it the best I can :)
  • Options
    My homemade stuffing is always devoured & everyone asks for the recipe
  • Options
    We grow our own veg, especially for xmas sprouts,potatoes,carrots,onions (stuffing) broccoli,parsnips. It makes it that loved xmas fair for all the family to enjoy.
  • Options
    I think that what makes ours genuinely special is that my partner and I make it together, without falling out (mostly!) and that it's one the time of year when my divorced parents are together and enjying each other's company. That and the fact that my other half makes AMAZING yorkies. :-)
  • Options
    Plenty of hot gravy 
  • Options
    I make sure I cater for everyone and do enough different vegetables to make sure there is something everyone likes. I also cook 2 meats as not everyone likes turkey. I want my whole family to enjoy the meal.
  • Options
    i make the bst gravy! i use the water from the veg and dripping frorm the potatoes and turkey it really taste amazing!
  • Options
    I love christmas dinner - sprouts, Yorkshire Puddings, roast potatoes, roast veg, pigs in blankets and turkey, then followed by Christmas pudding - i'm getting hungry now!
  • Options
    Roast potatoes makes the meal
  • Options
    It’s always piled high. Got to be no room left on the plate and everything going, Yorkshire’s, stuffing, roast parsnips, roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, all the veg, two kinds of meat, pigs in blankets, and lashings of gravy. 
  • Options
    What makes our Christmas dinner the best is because we all help cook it together. It's just a basic roast dinner but as we al, do it it makes it a really special time.
  • Options
    my mother in law cooks it all and goes all out  . Its stress free for me and always tastes amazing
  • Options
    It's a combination of lots of things, my wifes Roasties which are just awesome, my favourite chestnut stuffing combined with loads of bread sauce and of course my 2 very happy children sat around me.
  • Options
    What makes ours the best is that we make a curry from scratch because it is our absolute favourite food.  All the effort that goes into it is worthwhile and the recipe is our own.  We totally enjoy the whole cooking experience too spending Christmas Eve afternoon together in the kitchen with fairy lights everywhere and a great playlist.  We then eat curry Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day!  No leftovers!
  • Options
    Our Christmas Dinner is the best because we make a massive feast with lots of tasty trimmings and we wait until we are really hungry before diving in
  • Options
    Crispy roast potatoes, a rich onion gravy and delicious mushroom nut roast!
  • Options
    Christmas is a time for spending more on food and spending more time in the kitchen (with the family).  For us, it's a time to try out things we would not normally buy ... seafood, duck, goose, in fact, anything but turkey!
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions