Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

March 2016 Toddlers

1234568»

Replies

• Options

Happy new year ladies.

We also moved from cot to big boys bed approx 6 weeks ago. We got him a car bed. I needed the cot bed for his baby brother. He loved it and we had no issues. For 3 weeks, he would wake up and play in his room until we go in just as he did in the cot. Now he gets out of bed and opens the door once he wakes up 

I hope she sleeps fine. it is easier when they are already familiar with the bed and it's in the same room

I need to move his brother from our own room to his room with the cot bed. 

• Options

Penny has dropped her nap too and sleeps really well 7pm-7am roughly, so I'm hoping this won't change that 😂🤞 

Happy New year to you too xx

• Options

We moved Toby out of his cot about 9 months ago and it was absolutely fine. He has a bed guard so he can’t roll out, and apart from the fact that he can now come into our room in the morning, there’s not really any difference. Hope she sleeps ok! xx

• Options

We also moved eloise out around when she turned 2. It was too early as we had weeks of her getting up and running around but there was no going back. After the initial bad few weeks she’s been fine since x

• Options

Well last night was successful! She woke once in the night for a wee wee which isn't totally unusual but woke at 7.20 for the day and stayed in bed calling for us. Hope it stays like this xx

• Options

Well done little lady! 👏🏼

• Options

Well done Penny

Thanks for Potty training tips we got reward chart and stickers (he doesn't like sweets or chocolates. The Health visitor had suggested trying these)

Day 4 today we had so many accidents including a poo on day 3. Day 4, today and he had 2 accidents but we ended with him taking himself twice to the toilet and also asked to use the toilet which was fab. 

• Options

Awww that's great news. Sounds like he's picking it up well. We also spoke a lot about big girls wearing knickers and nappies are for babies. I switched to pull ups at night and called them night night knickers instead of nappies.

Penny has done so well in her big bed. Night 3 and she seems to actually fall asleep faster. And as she's behaving better so she gets to sleep in there bedtimes are even smoother. Winning! x

• Options

Is anyone’s little one still napping? 

I think Eloise is ready to drop hers.... I’m not ready for that! Haha!

• Options

We don’t have a nap every day but most days. It usually depends on what we have done during the day. Same applies to nursery days. 

I know the feeling but now tricky for me to Synchronise naps so the Boys are asleep at the same time 

• Options

Penny rarely naps any more. On Christmas day she did and occasionally with the child minder. 

• Options

@Tiffyp I wasn’t sure about Pull-up at bedtime with Tim tried for nap and he got wet Urine had bypassed it somehow      . It is a good idea might try this instead at night 

• Options

I definitely found them more leaky than nappies xx

• Options

Toby‘s naps are hit and miss. It usually depends on what we’re doing during the day, and sometimes he just sleeps in the car. But if we’re at home I usually try to make him go for a nap.....for my own sanity! 😆 x

• Options

I was making her have them but then she wasn’t going to sleep until 9pm!! I need the break with the 2 of them now but looks like it’s not to be 😂