Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

May 2017 Toddlers

Replies

• Options

Yep, I'm thinking the same that they all develop differently. Lucie and Harper are the exact same age but one walks and the other has a mouthful of teeth! 

In the last few hours my ear appears to have clogged up and is starting to ache. Just what I need before holiday! The docs can't see me with such late notice so I'll just have to dose up I guess! 

• Options

Yeah I'm not feeling great either headcold sore chest Georgia gave me her cold I guess don't think it's tonsillitis though or infection never seem to get them. Had her development check only couple months late and apparently little behind but she was just wanting to bite everything so some the things they wanted her to do just wasn't interested

• Options

Hola!

It's 6am and still dark here! Harper is in a travel cot and is sleeping much better than her wooden cot! So much so, I'm seriously considering buying one when we get home. It also means that her dummy is in reaching distance at all times for her, I haven't had to get up once to put it in, she's just whinged and found it herself. 

We are struggling with getting milk in her though. We didn't bring Cow and Gate, stupidly...so we bought some local stuff (Hero?) And she doesn't appear to like it very much. It smells a bit odd to be honest, not sweet like the normal stuff. She's doing ok with normal food so far. 

I'm just waiting for the doctor's to open in the UK because my ear has gotten worse. Ended up with vertigo last night and thought I was saying, this morning I feel a bit better but ear is still paining me. Even with health insurance and EU health card, I'd have to pay €90 to see a doctor here. I figure I will see how I go today after calling my own doctor back home and either pay up, sit it out or go to the hospital (it's been recommended twice by the hotel that it's quicker and free). 

Other than that though, we are having a great time. Harper has been fantastic, was perfect flying and only cried a little on take off/landing. She's loving seeing all the new things I think. Also we down for a 3 hour siesta, which gave us some time to chill for a bit. 

She's still fast out so I think I'll make the most of it and go back myself! Have a good day all! 

Is Georgia any better now, Kazaone?

• Options

Aw glad your having a good time (except the ear!). I found on holiday with Millie at 1 she slept like a dream, I think it was the heat 😂

as for milk, why don’t you try blue cows milk? after A year they don’t need formula anyway And most babies love it cause it’s creamy. easily Available normally too.

• Options

I was wondering that as she's had milk with her Coco pops this last few weeks. Do I just put it in her cup/bottle and let her have it before bed or something? Harper is the happiest I've seen her I think. We haven't had a single meltdown or tantrum since before we left. The holiday clearly agrees with her! 

• Options

Yeah I give it to Lucie in a cup through the day and a bottle at bedtime and she loves it 😂 

aw look st her, how grown up are our babies now 😭

• Options

Still got 4 days of antibiotics to go for Georgia but she's waking twice in the night for milk at mo as it's all we can really get in her except occasional mouthful of something else. Part from not eating back to normal self really

• Options

Hi all, thank you for your kind words about the loss of my dad. Funeral was on Tuesday and we got home in the early hours of this morning. Elodie is unwell, first time in her life soi am concerned. She was sick sat, we were in the supermarket and I thought something was leaking from the trolley.. she has never thrown up that much before and then the whole day couldn't keep anything down. Barely ate sun and her appetite now is poor, she's had diarrhea mon night, an explosion and this morning. No temp now but so lethargic, only wants me to hold her and she slumps on me. My doc is away today so made app for tom. I just bf her to keep her fluids up as she refuses water. Not sure what else to do..

• Options

Georgia has appetite back now only had 17 ounces milk yesterday and good amount solids and didn't wake us all night so solid 12 hours yay

• Options

Aww Hannah 

Hope Elodie gets better soon!

Keep an eye so she doesnt get dehydrated. I know its hard but it's ok if she doesnt eat for a while as long as she takes some milk. Breastfeeding is great as offers comfort as well.

• Options

Thank you navi. she has woke a couple of times before midnight tonight but has gone down really quickly after bf although both times she has bit me, ouch! Seems a little better so hopefully tom she'll eat some more food. 

• Options

Hi everyone,

Sorry been bit awol. Life has been all a bit crazy from the two break ins etc (not sure if I explained it happened again days after I got my car back? Man came back demanding keys, most likely for my partners lovely audi not my rubbish polo, and had a gun, was all a bit crazy crazy! thankfully girls were both asleep and didn't see anything!). I'm now being back at work on little-no sleep. Lucie has cut 4 teeth in a short time and more ready to come through. I think we have 6/7 now so still a long way behind most of the others! But I am so ready for her to sleep again!

How are mums and babies? Hope the dads had a nice fathers day! 

Have the HV coming out today at 4 for the 13 month assessment so wonder how that will go, haven't seen a HV since August when they said they were going to refer Lucie to clinic for her poor weight gains.... still waiting! How did the others get on with their reviews?

Also went and put our name down for a council house whilst we continue to save to buy, if we get a good council house I don't know that I'd bother buying the now with the way life is lol. But I will probably be waiting forever for council house... Our area is very popular and most of the council housing has been bought prior to the right to buy being removed (not sure if thats a scottish or a UK thing lol).

Hope your all well and babies have recovered from their bugs/illness!

Natalie x

• Options

Morning Natalie, wtaf is going on!? Are the police doing nothing? 

We got back early hours of Sunday morning, Harper slept half of the plane and slept through landing, loud announcements etc. I'm not sure if it's because she's back in her cot or if it's because we are back and is no longer excited to see everything but she's a bit more restless. She cut the top left fang on Saturday morning so it could be something to do with that. 

She has her 12 month injections tomorrow but we've had no mention of her development review? 

Still no walking on her own. It is in to everything she can get her hands on. She is perfectly capable of standing on her own, when she wants too. This was last night when she steered me towards her favourite cupboard. image THE CRISPS ARE NO LONGER SAFE!!

• Options

wtf natalie! That's awful, you should be able to feel safe in your own home. 

lucie is ahead of elodie in the teeth stakes, elodie has 4 and the 5th one is just coming through right now hence the teething on my nipple, ouch.. I do want to give up now but since she's been unwell she keeps batting away water.. i don't live in the U.K. anymore but they still do the right to buy there as a friend of mine is looking to buy hers with a whooping 100k off! Someone else told me that when they value the property they undervalue it so you get an even better price. 

Bluehaiwaii - you are lucky with Harper, sleeping on the plane esp landing which can be painful.. elodie was unsettled the other way when we first arrived in the U.K. With the change in environment and routine it took about a week to settle her. 

Finally getting my little girl back to her usual self and relieved that's she eating properly again. Took this today, eating her first plumimage

• Options

Oh its been hectic, police haven't really got much to go on as there was no evidence left behind and he was masked so even the neighbours who saw him didn't see his face to recognise him. We are all doing much better now though its just been manic. Its been told its been a mistaken identity so I think thats the end of it. (Good luck to the person they were actually after :| )

Oh look at harper, lucie has two favourite cupboards. The crisp cupboard and 'her' cupboard where the fruit pouches and raisin boxes etc are kept. Trouble is, she can walk so she swans rights in and helps herself if left for more than 3 seconds. She is an abolsute terror! 

Gran took her for her jags today, I cant wait to get home and snuggle her. She seemed to 'pass' her development assessment, the HV was very happy with her and she only weighed a teenie 20lbs 3.5oz haha! We are gradually going into 9-12 clothe snow too.

Well done Harper sleeping on the plane, hope lucie is as good on the plane. We don't go for 13 weeks so hoping she sleeps better in general by then! Shes an awful sleeper since these teeth started, I end up caving and bringing her in our bed just to get a few hours which isn't helping in the long run but needs must!

Glad Elodie is doing better, she looks like she is enjoying her plum lol.

I applied for a job yesterday and half of me really wants it as its my dream job but the other half is realistic and knows I have little chance getting it as its a massive promotion lol!

Hows all the mums? Anyone else feeling ready for a baby / career jump?

Natalie x

• Options

Hope it gets sorted Natalie, I don't dare think about how scary it must be. 

Glad it's not just Harper who is a lunatic where raisins and crisps are concerned! I keep getting the feeling she isn't eating right, then everyone tells me their kids eat like crap too. I do try and give her a taste of everything but she always sways towards the unhealthy stuff. 

Hope you get the job! 

I think Hubby is ready for another baby (he's an only child). I do want another but I feel like I've got so much more to think about now. I think that when I had Harper, I didn't know what it was like to give birth so I sort of just put it out of my mind. Now I know what it's like to be in stirrups, with 10 or so doctor's and midwives looking in places no-one has ever seen before and wondering how they are going to get a small human out of you lmao 

I'm still battling with the choice of staying full time with a decent amount of spare cash but only seeing Harper for 3 hours a day or having her all afternoon but having no money to do anything with her. I can't help feeling like I'm trading time with her for spare cash, albeit benefiting her in the long run. 

• Options

I went part Time when Millie turned 3 as I has been full time for 2 years working crazy shifts and literally felt like I’d missed so much. Being a nurse our biggest chunk of wage is shift allowance but going to 28hours and mon to fri I dropped around £800 a month, which is the amount I was paying for nursery. So I broke even. Now 2.5 years later and an extra little set of legs to feed and clothe I feel constantly skint. Hence applying for full time and promotion again. I have days off to spend with them but I’m either doing house stuff or we don’t do much due to money. At this stage I’d much rather sacrifice a few more hours to have more money. the job I’ve applied for involves a lot of training and hard work but the money would Be almost double my part time wage 🙈 it’s hadd being a mum and dealing with the Mum guilt but ultimately mums know best (most of the time lol!).

lucie is a brilliant eater compared to millie. I mean, Lucie will eat sprouts that says it all 😂 Lucie loves fruit and veg and proper meals, Millie is a beige picky diet. I would love to say it gets better but it hasn’t so far and she’s almost 6 lol. 

I had two fairly easy labours so I can’t really help with that but I can say 2nd time was far easier and quicker? Which from chatting to others seems to be the case most of the time as your body knows what to do. Lucie technically pushed herself out during one of my ‘wait til next contraction’ moments 😂 queue shocked midwife!

• Options

Thanks so much for the above comments Natalie, I went through the exact same thought process yesterday morning and told my boss that as long as work continue to pay me the extra they are doing right now then I'll stay the full 40 hours. Like you say it's double the money and although we would manage, it will make it easier. 

Harper walked to me yesterday! I'd just walked in to nursery, done the usual cuddle and I'd put her down to sit on one of the kids chairs. Well no word of a lie, she just stood straight up and walked 5 or 6 steps to me. We all looked gone out at each other! She also did a few steps to my hubby last night which he thought was the best thing ever. This co-incides with buying her first proper pair of shoes this week, she walks so much better in them too. 

This is the little madam in question finishing off my pudding last night at a carvery. She shocked us and ate all sorts from her bowl this time; peas, carrots, cabbage, horseradish mash...not a meltdown in sight! image

• Options

Hi, sorry not been on. Life has been hectic and the weather has been amazing for Scotland! So lots of time spent outside. 

Hows everyone getting on? 

Natalie x

• Options

Hi everyone!

Any news from the job Natalie?

I'm struggling with working full time but we definitely need the extra money. Aberdeen is still so expensive..

I want another baby asap but partner is not very keen just yet. It took 10m to conceive first time, hope this time happens quicker (miraculously I'll become more fertile at 36 lol).

Good news the weather is amazing, even up here. Hope you all enjoy!!!