Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The Golden Girls Cycle Buddies

Replies

• Options
    Hi everyone

Jay78 sorry to hear about your row with hubby hope you get it sorted hun, my hubby is the same at the moment think he blames himself, I dont directly blame him but sometimes I think if we started trying straight after the wedding I could have been pregnant by now or had a baby.

We have enjoyed the last year since getting married but I cant fill the empty space in my heart or my head that longs for a baby and hubby just seems to think if you chill then it will happen. Am not the type of person who can just chill!!!

I have to plan everything he he!! it drives hubby mad.

BOB dont worry about it hun, I think i have an 18 day LP so AF due 4th May eek............so scared to even poas at moment and seriously out of stock on the hpt front so going to wait until af due/late.

Why do we keep putting ourselves through this every month, but I keep telling myself the wait will be worth it in the end.

Ive been round my brothers tonight and seen my nephews one is 2 and the other is 6 they are so loving, adorable and really well mannered. I always come home feeling really broody when have been with my nephews image

Good luck everyone and hopefully we will all get BFP's on this thread maybe the GG's will bring some Good Luck.

Forgot to say my details for front page are:

OV 16th April - AF 4 May - POAS 8th May if no AF!!!!

xx
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about the row Jay - the other ladies have really said it all but I agree he probably feels stressed about the cigs and wants you to shoulder some of the guilt. Hopefully it has cleared the air and you have been having fun making up!

SD: am glad you OV'd and fingers crossed you get your BFP beforethe doctors tests!

So excited: my cycles are 31 days so AF not due til 20 may ish ... how long are yours?

Mrs R: Hope the vomiting stops soon but like someoone said its a good sign everything is happy and healthy xx

Babydust sprinklings to all xxx
  • Options
    This one's for you Jay:

A beautiful young peasant girl with clear olive skin, meets an exciting but penniless Spanish artist. There's an instant attraction. They laugh, they sing, they slam down a few boilermakers. Shortly afterwards he's arrested for showing her how he can hold his pallet without using his hands...But I digress. He paints her portrait and they make passionate love. She spends much of the next day in the shower with a loofa sponge scrubbing his fingerprints off her body. She sees the portrait and is insulted. It looks nothing like her, and she storms out of his life forever. That peasant girl was me. And that painter...was Pablo Picasso.

xxx

Oh and BOT (Back on topic) dh is feeling ill tonight so it might take some work! Will update tomorrow but I'm cd10 so supposed to start smep and temp dropped the morning so I expect a +ve opk tomorrow! Maybe I'll have to go on the hunt for a stand-in again image
  • Options
    Hey Bob...do you reckon we are wearing our men out? My OH had a tummy bug all day yesterday. We managed a little BD ( 1st peak on CBFM so vital for chance at successsful "bun in oven" mission) but I thought he would nearly die from the exertion of it all. Poor pet. I do love him for being so good.
    If I had to replace him though temporarily in a parallel universe I am slightly partial to Hugh Laurie (I know, I know) or maybe Robert Patterson although he is so much younger I think I would be arrested!

Who would you chose girls????
    Have a good day and lots of sticky dust to us all. :\)

XXX
  • Options
    Morning ladies.

Freckle and BOB did you manage to get your hubbies to take one for the team?! :lol:

Jay, I hope you managed to talk things over with your hubby and kiss and make up. ;\)

I'm off to go and be ill again now! :roll:

[Modified by: **MrsR** on April 27, 2010 09:09 AM]

• Options
    Jay, I am sorry about the argument. I hope you made up by nowimage

I drained all my TTC sorrow in chocolate the last months so put on LOTS of weight and now trying to get rid of it again...and annoyed at myself for letting myself be such a pig. But I am still exercising so in better shape than OH who is easy to wear out...poor man.

Freckle, mmm, am not sure who I would choose...perhaps Jack Black image

hope everybody is getting BDing, have an exam tomorrow so OH has to work really hard to get me in the mood LOL but we are still on track with SMEP

xx
  • Options
    Hi girls, no dh didn't roll over and do the deed, he was feeling all sorry for himself, but tonight he better as I am not missing another night!

I'm not sure about alternate universe Frecks, probably this one if I got the opportunity image but I would certainly do Robert Patterson, only if he played his character though, I don't mind the younger men either I kind of like it (as long as it's legal of course :lolimage top of my list has been Andy Garcia for a while now though! Then I do like the guy from Fringe, his name escapes me, no not the doctor, his son! image Also Justin Timberlake - see back to the youngens again :lol: I sure I could think of some more image

Any ideas for getting dh in the mood tonight if he's feeling rough still??? I left him bed to lie in this morning and have been feeding him vit. C and multivitamins for a couple of days now.
  • Options
    Thanks girls and thanks BOB your story did make me smile. The funny thing was that i watched that episode only the other day! x
    Well dh and I sort of made up last night but not properly. We didnt get down to "proper" making up anyway. Maybe we can do some of that tonight! hehe
    Are you supposed to get really hormonal when you are about to OV? Its just that ive been feeling really depressed about the argument and im not usually like that. I usually stick up for myself and give as good as i get in an argument but for this one ive just been feeling really sorry for myself.

Anyway back to more fun topics - BOB i think you were thinking of Joseph Fiennes? Yep would def agree with you on that one, he is quite a hotty! I am a johnny depp fan im afraid. I think its cos he has got absolutely gorgeous eyes and i really go for nice eyes. Probably why i married dh as hes got big brown moo cow eyes with longish eyelashes.
    BOB - maybe you could get dh in the mood by running a nice hot bubble bath for him with candles etc so he can relax, then when hes had a bit of time to relax go and join him with some wine. Then after a while you could start to play with his ahem and see where things progress from there? Not sure whether you should stay in the bath for the finale though as not sure the bubble bath would do any good for his swimmers. Actually you may need to scrap the idea completely as i think ive read somewhere that men arent supposed to have hot baths before they shoot their load. hmmm back to the drawing board then.....erm maybe just hop on baby! xx
  • Options
    hi ladies well i got my BFP today 1-2 weeks im still in shock but really happy will be in jij hope to see you all over there, thanks for everything. good luck xxx

Just realised i will be due the 28th dec so will be in did might change when had scan though x

[Modified by: KIMLOU on April 27, 2010 02:34 PM]

• Options
    whoop whoop xx

You can join MrsR in DID then xx :\)

[Modified by: Jay78 on April 27, 2010 02:36 PM]

• Options
    Ahhh KL! well done hun. I hope to join you in DIJ soon! I have a 2ww though :cry: and no wait at all if dh doesn't pony up tonight with the goods!

Can't believe it, that's 2 bfp's in the last 3 weeks from our group! (well 3 if you include my early mc) and I got confused and thought we'd called you Dorothy on your other thread - dooh it's Frecks that's Dorothy!

Super congrats and sending some sticky baby dust - have to say I'm a little jealous - of course! Can't help it though ;\)

Jay I'm not sure about emotional but I get horny when I'm about to ov! maybe it's because he said something about your weight, I don't think I would feel too chirpy either if dh had said that to me - in fact he wouldn't be feeling too chirpy either and he may have a big black eye! image

• Options
    thanks bob i did think you got mixed up he he! my dd will be 28th dec so still this year which im really excite about. i know what you mean i was jealous when everyone else was announcing theres. hope its a sticky bean. il still stick around tho for a few weeks. Sending lots of babydust and good look bding xxx
  • Options
    i love it. . . . Golden girls! He he! I really hope we all get our bfps this month! Baby dust to us all! X x x
  • Options
    Hi girls!

I have discovered a rather alternative bribe to enticing OH into a little BDing. ( Have to admit that my sex drive is significantly higher than his which pees me off to no end when I'm about to ov and feeling very horny!) Anyway we have been trying to eat healthily and part of the deal is that OH is banned from having kebabs after footy on a Tuesday. His tummy is miraculously cured since his near death experience yesterday and as usual he will be pretending to be Rooney/Giggs/Gerrard tonight with the boys. So, I have said that he should treat himself to a kebab tonight if he wants in return for some action and OH has named our deal the " shags for kebabs" programme. I might end up with a barrel for an OH but at least we will be doing the business! Really hope he doesn't go for the garlic sauce image

Have BD Sunday (high on CBFM), Monday ( Peak) and hopefully tonight (Peak 2)! Think I'm oving today as tummy bloated and crampy and (.)(.) heavy. Women instinctively become sex mad around ov Jay and our natural body odour becomes more appealing to men to lure them in!!!
    Really dreading the 2WW but I know I've got my buddies to keep the PMA up. I am going to assume that I am not pregnant until AF is due and that way I won't be disappointed or really pleasantly surprised!

Great news KM!!!! Really happy for you. You must be so excited to have a little Christmas bean.

Mrs R ...you should try ginger to ease the morning sickness!

xxx
  • Options
    Hey girls- got avery faint positive line on OPK tests today- only on day 10 of a 29-32 day cycle. Is this normal? Never had a positive yet- now thinking i maybe test too late? off to BD anyway and will re test tommorrow to see if its getting darker??!! xxxx
  • Options
    Hey ladies!

Frecks: in an alternative universe Ed norton / Tim olliphant??? You really made me laugh with the shags for kebab line! lol

Kimlou: congrats hun thats superb news!

Jay: I think I get a bit emotional around OV time I think its something to so with the hormones lol

BOB: love the black eye idea made me laugh

This does sound like is a lucky thread! Lets hope there will be some more DIJ's

Babydust sprinklings xx
  • Options
    Jelly baby....your Luteal Phase ( from ov to AF) on average should last 14 days and starts the day after you ov and ends the day before AF. This can vary from 12-16ish in different women.
    I know mine is about 14 days so if I ov'd yesterday AF should be due May 12th. The good thing about the length of the Luteal Phase is that it more or less stays the same for each woman each month so if your cycles are 29 days long consistently and you have an average LP then you are due to ov about CD14. Hope that makes sense!!!!:\)

Keep persisting with the OPKs. I nearly freaked when I couldn't get a positive in my first monthand although I know some of the other girls find internet cheapies great, I personally couldn't get the hang of them.
    Splashed out on a CBFM and realised that last month I ovd CD 16/17 and this month CD 11/12!!!!

Good luck!!

xxx
  • Options
    Well ive got a smile on my face again....hubby and i managed to make up properly! he he
    As you know i dont use opks or chart my temps so am a bit blinded as to when i actually ov. However i do tend to get ov pains every month so that sort of tells me when im oving. Anyway yesterday i had a like sharp popping pain from what seemed to be my left ovary so im wondering whether that was my egg being released? Or i could be just a complete nutter and be imagining allsorts! he he How long does it take for the egg to get down the fallopian tubes? I think its about a 12-24 hour window for the egg to be fertilised once it is released isnt it? or is it once its further down? Think i might have a check on google anyway.
  • Options
    BOB did you manage to get hubby in the mood last night? xx
  • Options
    No I didn't I was well annoyed and Jay you are right about being emotional, I cried this morning which I don't normally do and it's not like me at all.

We had a big fight this morning as last night I said well 'ok your sick' and left it after asking him twice. Then this morning I woke and asked him how he felt and asked if he wanted to and he got annoyed and told me to stop and I was annoying him and that that was all I cared about. So then we got into it and I said well if you can go to work for 10 hours and have a beer afterwards then your not that bloody sick and that if he was going to work today it was obvious what his priority was and that he was well enough to work all day but not spend 10 mins with me! That was it then I got ready for work and left without speaking to him or saying goodbye (which I never do as I hate it). image

I then was so annoyed I called him on the way to work and told him that I work really hard every bloody month with temping and opk's and not drinking etc. etc and that the least he could do if he's well enough to work was put out for a few minutes for a few days and that to have 2 mc and then be told (at my age) to wait a month is not reasonable given the effort that goes into all of this. He conceded and said he was sorry and asked if my temp had risen yet (as he knows it's too late then) I said no and he said we would do it tonight. So I hope it's not too late :roll: as I've had ewcm yesterday and I keep wondering if the mc last month has thrown out my opks??? As I haven't had a +ve opk yet and I would be due to ov right around now. Well I guess we will see.

Bloody men - That's the first fight we've had in a long time :roll: