Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone on cd8 & starting SEP?

Replies

• Options
    Been out with darling nephew again!!! This time my sister was there too, so not too bad.... Going shopping with my friend and her 3 year old tomorrow, so that will be fun - Not!!! Half term and all that!!!!

Saul is desparately trying to crawl, but his arms give out and he falls flat on his face!!! Poor chap... I know he'll get the hang of it but its painful to watch... I'm just willing him to do it...

We are on CD19 today and counting!!!

I'm going to splash out on more clearblue ov tests for next month as I haven't a clue whats going on with this cm... Not getting lots like you but enough for it to be uncomfortable!!!

Take care and I hope you have a relaxing night... Saul has yet another cold so we have been having interupted nights these last few nights!!!

Sara
  • Options
    Yep, I'm going to bite the bullet & splash out on ov tests for next month too!!!!

All this cm is soo confusing..... As you know I have had lots of cm this past few days & each day I think I must be ov. Yesterday I had buckets of the stuff but today I could start selling it!!!! So surely that means maybe I'm ov today?????? Told you it was confusing. I think I'l just continue with the everyother day bding to be sure. When we were ttc Zara we bd every 3rd day & that was good enough for her to be conceived so surely everyother day you'd have an even better chance?!?! So much for what we decided after we had Zara
  • Options
    Hi Hilary - More cm??? I don't get it... You will definitely have to buy ov tests for next month (hopefully you won't have to as you may get your BFP!!!). I wish we had continued to do lots more bding, but my cm is minimal...

I think my back is coming out in sympathy with you - i've had pains shooting down my left side all afternoon (like when I was pg with Saul)... Brought back memories!!!

We had fun with my friend today, her little boy was behaving, but refused to speak to me today!!! ha ha ha.. Kids are funny...

We are trying to sell our house, so the babyproofing will have to remain at a minimum, when we have viewings all Saul's toys etc get hidden in wardrobes (or anywhere we can fit it all)!!! We've been on the market for 17 months!!! I'm so fed up with it all... Its a nightmare!!!

I don't think i'm going to be able to restrain myself with regards to POAS, I was looking at the test earlier and thought "shall I test today?" I'm only on CD20!!! Thank god the phone rang and I put it away again... That would've been a complete waste of money!!!

Well, good luck with your bding - I may join you tonight as its Valentines day... Did you get anything nice??? My DH forgot, so will probably be buying my card in his lunch break today!!! Men!!!

Speak soon...

Sara
  • Options
    Maybe the shooting pains down your left side are a sign you could already be pg!!! (put the test away its too early!!!)

Selling your house is a nightmare. Its something I never want to have to do for a longtime coz we had such hassle with estate agents when we were moving here. Our sale fell through 3 times & they 'forgot' to tell us or our solicitor!!! It must be a nightmare trying to get the house ready for viewings & look after Saul at the same time. Have you saw anywhere you'd like to move to yet or are you going to wait til you get your own sold?

Mark surprised me last night & came home with a big bunch of red roses & a card. I nearly dropped coz I def wasnt expecting them. There would be hell to pay if he forgot to get me a card though!!!

Glad you had a nice time out with your friend today, even if her 3 year old wouldnt speak to you!!!!! My friend wee boy fell out with me one day last summer coz he wouldnt behave & his mum was in absolute despair so I put Amys reins on him. It wouldnt have been as bad but he was 4 at the time & he didnt think that was 'cool' He did start to behave though

Are you still on maternity leave from Saul or are you a fulltime mum?

Hilary x
  • Options
    Hi - I'm still on maternity leave, would love to be a full time mum but until we sell the house and release some equity, I will have to go back to work... I go back on the 28th April and i'm dreading it... Saul is going to go to nursery (which is going to kill me), its my job to look after him and we have our own routine, i'm going to be jealous as hell with the nursery staff as they will get to spend time with him!!!!

We aren't viewing houses yet, its not worth it, i'll only find something I like... I check rightmove every day though, i'm addicted to that website too!!! I can't wait to sell, but I agree with you, Estate Agents are a nightmare, once they've got the buyer they can't be bothered to do anything else!!!

Shaun came home tonight with a card, chocolate and a dozen red roses... He didn't buy a vase though so they are sitting in a pint glass (classy eh?)

I take it you are a full time mum? Where do you live?

Oh well, the evening is here already!!! Saul went to sleep at 6.15pm, so i'm in for an early morning!!! Lucky me!!!

Take care...

Sara
  • Options
    At least he remembered the chocolates & the roses. I learnt a long time ago not to depend on Mark to think of where to put the flowers after he buys them (not that he does very often!!)

Saul wasgoing to bed before I had woken mine from their afternoon nap!!!! I put them down at 3pm & Amy usually sleeps to 6pm & Zara 6.30pm. Then they both go to bed at 9.30pm. I know its later than alot of people put wee ones to bed but it works for us.

I'm a full time mum. I absolutely love it though its hard if you are sick & still have to look after them. I used to train horses so its def quite a change from that. We live over in Northern Ireland, not the most exciting place but we live in a wee village (theres not even a shop!!) about 30 miles south of Belfast. Where abouts do you live?

If you sell your house are you hoping to stay at home with Saul?

Hilary x
  • Options
    Hi Hilary, I can't believe Amy and Zara sleep for 3 hours in the afternoon!!! Lucky you!!! Saul sleeps for 20 minutes twice a day!!! He's never slept during the day much!!! No wonder i'm so flipping tired all the time!!! He woke up this morning at 5am!!! But slept right through from 6.15pm last night... So he's getting the hang of it - slowly... image

I live in Cornwall (also a small village, but we do have a shop)!!! When we sell our house, we will be moving closer to Plymouth (about 20 miles away) as we both work there... I am originally from Plymouth... Its the plan that if we reduce our mortgage, then I will be able to stay home with Saul, however, if (and when) I have another baby, I will have to stay home as we wouldn't be able to afford two in nursery!!! Oh I couldn't wait and I bought an early test from Sainsburys today - Its was BFN!!! What was I expecting on CD21??? Oh well....

Hope you have had a nice day - We went shopping with MIL... Arrggghhhhhhhh

Sara x
  • Options
    That was brave to go shopping with your MIL!!!!! I actually get on ok with mine though we have had a few disagreements. I think Mark would worry if I went shopping with his mum as shes such a shopaholic!!!

Saul is sleeping really well at night coz hes managing almost 12 hours. I live for Amy & Zaras wee sleep at 3 pm. It means I can switch off for a while

I'm sure youre looking forward to moving if it means you can be at home with Saul & no.2 when it comes along. It would be really expensive to have 2 in nursery

I'm sure it was probably too early for you to test yet so I wouldnt say it was a BFN just yet. Like they say, ptience is a virtue, unfortunately I dont have it either. I'm just trying not to think of it too much this month & planning more for next month when I've a better idea how long my cycle will be.

I did look at ovulation tests when I was out shopping today & couldnt believe the price of them. Especially if my cycles are going to a bit long & I might need to get a couple of packets. If you dont get a bFP this month what are you planning to use?

Hilary x
  • Options
    I've still got about 15 ov tests from Access Diagnostics and i've got 5 left from clearblue... I may invest in another pack of clearblue as I don't think the others work!!! I also need to know my cycle length, was back on the pill straight away after Saul was born... First af was 28 days and second was 25 days..

I knew it would be a BFN, I couldn't stop myself from testing... I will test again on Monday if af hasn't arrived and then try to wait until CD28 to test again!!! I just can't wait to be pregnant again...

A friend of mine is due in 11 days and i'm so jealous of her gorgeous bump!!! I can't wait to meet her little boy (Zach)... I made the mistake of telling her my name (for next baby if a boy) and i'm worried she may steal it... Girls names are much more difficult - Saul was going to be Scarlett if he'd been a girl...

Did you have boys names sorted for Amy ad Zara?

Sara
  • Options
    I'm the opposite, I could think of loads of girls names but really struggled to agree on boys names. If Amy or Zara had been a boy we would probably still be disagreeing over what to call them!!!!! Mark liked Lucas & I agreed at the time but I've sort of gone off it now. We would like a wee boy though but dear only knows what it'll end up being called!!!!

Hilary x
  • Options
    Hi Hilary - Hope you've had a nice day... Ours was busy (as always on the weekend)!!!

I like the name Lucas, I also like Luca...

I'm feeling a bit down today after early BFN!!! I've lost my PMA now!!! Trust me to test early!!! I'm probably not going to waste my other test until af is late - I may need help!!!

Saul woke at 2.22am last night and then woke up and wanted to play at 6am!!! Thank god I went to bed at 9.15pm last night (rock and roll)!!!!

Right, i'm off to get his dinner now while he watches Peppa Pig... He loves it...

Sara x

• Options
    Amys mad about peppa pig too. She has the backpack & puts her crayons & colouring book in it & tells us shes away to school - If only!!!! Only joking, I dread the day she starts school coz shes such good company at home.

Mark got up with the 2 wee ones this morning & let me have a lie in which was great. In laws are coming over tonight though. Great fun

Away to make tea now too before my wee monkeys waken up

Take care

Hilary x

Try to forget you done the test & wait to see if af arrives
  • Options
    Hi Hilary - Hope you had a nice day - Saul woke up at 2am and didn't go back to sleep until 4am and then woke up wanting to play at 6am!!! So we are walking zombies today!!!

We had some bad news, my Grandad has been in hospital since November and they told us today he is terminal, his heart is failing and he's drowning in the fluid in his lungs!!! Poor poor man... He's 88 years old and has been praying to die since my gran died in 2006!!! Its not fair is it??? I'm now thinking that he won't be around to meet my new baby - you should see his face when I take Saul in to see him, he's so proud... So i'm feeling a little down at the moment... It would be nice to tell him i'm pregnant again, my gran knew I was pregnant with Saul for 10 days before she died...

Wow, this post is depressing isn't it???

Hope you had a nice day... I'm not going to test tomorrow!!!

Sara x
  • Options
    So sorry to hear about your granda. Unfortunately mine died just before me & Mark got engaged so he has missed out on our wedding & both of our girls. I told him we had planned to get engaged at xmas just before he died in November & thought that he would have let slip to my granny but he never told a soul. We only found out that he hadnt told anyone coz on xmas day when we all spent it with my granny & she said that granda would have loved to see his eldest granddaughter engaged & I said that I had told him before he died. My biggest regret of all is that he never got a chance to meet Mark. I walked down the isle to his favourite music & in a strange way it made it feel like he was a part of it too though I'm sure alot of people wondered why the bride was walking down the isle in floods of tears. I think its all the occassions like these & when you have children that it hits the hardest. It would be great if you could get a BFP soon & at least be able to tell him that. I'm sure he loves seeing Saul. Babies & children are great at brightening up someones day

We have had a nightmare of a time getting Zara over to sleep since saturday night but hopefully she'll be back to her usual ways soon.

Glad you have so far resisted the urge to poas. I'm going to be strong& if af hasnt arrived by 1st March I'll poas then

Hope you've had a better day today

Hilary x

• Options
    Hi Hilary - Sorry to hear that your Granda died before the engagement, life sucks sometimes doesn't it? We spent the whole afternoon in hospital with my grandad, he's very very poorly, but always smiles when we go in... Saul was very good, its like he knows he has to behave!!!

Sorry to hear Zara isn't sleeping much either - must be something in the air!!! Saul had a better night last night, waking just once...

I don't think i'll poas this week, i'm so sure i'm not pg - I don't want to waste the test... af is due between Wednesday - Saturday so i'll leave the test until next Monday if she hasn't arrived by then...

So all in all, i've had a rubbish day again!!! DH is out all night playing cricket so I can sit home, eat chocolate and watch America's Next Top Model again... I do enjoy my Mondays!!!

Take care of yourself and your gorgeous girls...

Sara x
  • Options
    The only thing in the air over here unfortunately was my MIL. I wrote a long rant about her on the babies born in Nov 07 forum!!!!

Thats great that Saul knows to behave. He sounds a really lovely wee boy. I'm sure your really proud of him.

I dont know what we'll do tonight. Probably have tea & watch eastenders & by the time thats over it will be time to start getting the girls ready for bed. I dont think I'll be far behind them tonight.

A bar of choclate sounds nice!!!

Hilary x
  • Options
    Hi Hilary - Hope you enjoyed your evening, I did...

Saul woke 5 times last night!!!! BAD BABY!!!! He had a terrible cough which was keeping him up, funny though as he hasn't coughed once this morning!!! I think he was putting it on!!! Can they fake it at 10 months???

Hope you have a nice day - We are meeting my sister for an afternoon of shopping today... Fun...

Take care...

Sara x
  • Options
    I had an early night & left Mark to sort out bottles & things & I never heard a thing til Zara started cooing in her cot this morning, though Mark says he wasup putting her dummy in twice!!!!

I'm doing nothing today. We were meant to be going to Jo jingles this morning but Amy wouldnt tidy the mess she madein her room so she didnt get. I sound like a really cruel mummy dont I????

Zara went over to sleep better last night so hopefully thats the start of things going back to normal.

Hope you have a great time shopping with your sister today & you manage to treat yourself to something nice

Hilary x
  • Options
    Hi Hilary, we did have a lovely time shopping, though I only bought Saul some books in Waterstones (3 for 2)!!! They are all Peppa Pig books... DH wasn't impressed as he said they are for girls!!! I don't care, Saul loves them so thats all that matters...

No, you don't sound like a cruel mummy, you have to lay down the law and make sure they know who'd boss... I just love Supernanny, do you watch her show??? She is amazing...

Glad to hear you had a good night with Zara, I always hope that Saul will sleep through, but i'm always disappointed!!!

No sign of af yet, I am secretly hoping, but I know I haven't done it this month... Silly eh?

Hope you have another good night with Zara...

Sara
  • Options
    Yeah I love supernanny. We use the naughty seat & reward charts with Amy & its great.

Amy loves pepa pig too. She has one of the books & the backpack & she loves putting it on & saying shes going to school.

You never know you might have a BFP this month coz you bd at the right time & you done the ov tests so youve got more chance of getting a BFP than me. I'm not getting my hopes up coz its only our 1st month ttc & I dont want to be dissappointed when af arrives.

Are you still managing to restrain yourself from poas??

Hilary x