Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

E.B Thread Part 4 - Trying for a 2012 baby

Replies

• Options
    I'm not sure about vitamins sorry, but please let me know if the conceive plus is any good; I'm going to try it this month!
  • Options
    Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is ok. I'm feeling down in the dumps, as I've not got thrush :evil: Great! Just what I need!
  • Options
    MrsM17 I have just bought myself the pregnacare tablets and my partner the wellman tablets so fc it helps anything is worth a go! There is so many vitamins n certain ones they advise u to take when ttc I decided to try these as they are the conception ones.

Ah hope u better soon TiggerRoouk.

Loopy I am off to see Take that as well 2 weeks today should be good.

x x
  • Options
    Hi Ladies,

To help produce more ewcm, you can take evening primrose oil. Take one capsule 3 times a day with food, and I can guarantee you will see a big improvement.

The actual bfp was a complete surprise, although I had my slight suspisions because of the sharp pains. I did think the sharp pains were AF x
  • Options
    Thanks LIB

I looked today but didnt buy any as they said if ttc consult a doc 1st. What mg did you take 3X a day? Are they safe after ov? Ive read on the web that you shouldnt on the 2ww. Wonder if this is why it said consult a doc.

If/when I get af this cycle ill def try then next thanks xx
  • Options
    Sympathise with u tiggeroouk as I have thrush too :cry: really horrible n annoying as I should be bd. Hope I did enough this wk. Hope u recover soon x image
  • Options
    Hi maximo. It's rubbish isn't it. Thankfully, I ovulated at the start of the week so we had passed that stage and were just looking forward to having spontaneous bd'ing. Woke up this morning to symptoms :cry: Feeling sorry for myself!
  • Options
    I just took 500mg 3 times a day. I didn't see a doc before I took them & you're not supposed to take them after ov because they cause uterus cramping x
  • Options
    Hi vickykenny1 you'll have to let me know how the TT show goes...I'm really looking forward to itimage

Well ladies, I've had my two peaks now which we managed to bd on, i'm on my last high today but don't think hubby is in the mood image Do you think it matters if we don't manage to bd tonight?

Which day do you class as your OV day? 1st or 2nd peak? I'm really not looking forward to the 2ww x
  • Options
    If you're on ff, it classes ovulation as peak day 2 unless you're temping x
  • Options
    Morning ladies

Feeling a bit down today and yesterday for that matter. According to all ovulation calenders I should ovulate today but apart from a tiny bit of cm a few days ago I seem to be going dry again although ive not ov'd according to my temps. So ive no idea whats going on :cry:

I keep bd'ing everyday but am getting frushtrated again. Sorry to moan just needed to let it out xx
  • Options
    Thanks Lady_Is_Broody :lol: We managed to bd on the last high so really pleased, it feels like we've covered all bases...so I'm now starting the dreaded 2ww.

MrsM17 so sorry that ur feeling fed up hun, I hope you feel better soon. I'm not sure if I can offer any help as I don't temp or check CM. I just use a CBFM, I find it really easy to use and you get a 'low', 'high' or 'peak' reading so there's no confusion. Have u thought about giving one a go? x
  • Options
    Ooh mrswantsababy FC it's good news!

I keep smiling to myself and thinking 'what if I am pregnant!' and then remembering that the chances of that happening on our first month of TTC are pretty slim.

Hubby said last night that we're not testing until I'm 5 days late, I guess at least we'll save some money on tests!

Just starting the dreaded 2ww now. But trying to be positive and see it as a chance for some more relaxed BD when we feel in the mood image
  • Options
    Hi Br2B when is AF due for u ? I'm on the 2ww also, I've got a feeling its going to drag :roll:

I was thinking on the weekend that I can't ever imagine getting a positive pregnancy test, it seems impossible sometimes. It's our 9th month TTC, never thought it would take so long.

mrswantsababy FC hun, hope u get ur BFP soon. Ur symptoms sound really promising x
  • Options
    I'm due AF 6th June loopy. Seems like so far away!

I know what you mean about never imagining it taking so long - I keep telling myself that it will probably take quite a while, but deep down I'm still hopeful that it'll happen quickly.

Before we really decided to think about babies I just kind of assumed that it would happen pretty quickly; it's only when I started looking in to it that I realised just how common it is for it to take a long time.

mrswantsababy, that sounds great! I could never keep it to myself though - I'm useless at that sort of thing. Plus I reckon hubby would guess my fertile time by my sudden boost in sex drive!!! :lol:
  • Options
    Hi Br2B Af is due for me somewhere between 2nd & 5th June I think it varies each month by a couple of days so I'm never sure. I know I hate the 2ww, I'd rather get it over and done with a start bding again if its going to be a BFN. I'm soooo impatient lol! x
  • Options
    hi ladies.

i hate the 2ww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

only 4 days in and already can't wait. i'm testing 5th june seems quite a few of us are testing close together. lets hope its a good sign!

i've decided not to teat till i'm late this month too, spent far too much last month!!

hope everyone else is doing okXX
  • Options
    Thanks ladies image

Loopy ive read about them but not really looked into the CBFM, is it expensive? Also how does it work?

Think I will look into it when (not if) af comes and also take some vits to help my cm as its practically non existant! xx
  • Options
    Hi MrsM17 the cheapest I've seen it is ??57.44 on Amazon. I had a massive wobble over the Christmas period about not being able to get pregnant, due to the holidays I couldn't get a CBFM delivered to me in time before ur supposed to begin POAS so I bought mine from Boots for over ??100 image

After reading all the reviews I'm sure I thought I'd get pregnant in the first month of using it (as quite a few people have). Unfortunately I haven't been that lucky and have been using it for 5 months now and its very easy to use. You set the machine when AF arrives, it will start asking you to POAS from CD6 so you just do it every morning and insert the stick into the machine. It will then give you a 'low', 'high' or 'peak' reading so you know when you're ovulating and increase your chances of becoming pregnant. You can buy a box of sticks for about ??11 from Amazon too, there are 20 in a box but sometimes you only have to use 10 in a month (depending on the length of ur cycle) hope this helps x
  • Options
    I'd recommend buying one from ebay, as I got mine for ??40! the sticks are cheap on there too.

Personally I think it's worth its weight in gold x