Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

KWA Part 16 - The return of "I want a BFP before Xmas"

Replies

• Options
    Morning! (well it is here!)

Got my first mw appointment today!! So just a quicky to say hi!

Clalee - hope eviction plan works!

Vickster - hope time speeds by this week and u get some well deserved answers soon.

DB - step away from the tests!!

LIB - hope the bh stops soon and your more comfortable.

Looby - good effort on the defuzzing! Hope your plan works tonight! Also hope your great aunt is ok, it's such a worry.

And Squeezed......OMG she is gorgeous!! Just had a nosey at your flicker pics, what an amazing arrival - looking forward to your BS.

Hello to everyone else!

Will let u know how mw goes - am terrified she's gonna freak me out with horror stories!
  • Options
    Evening Ladies

Angie very childish of mil not to speak to you, hope you enjoyed the peace though!image

Looby I forgot how much ice skating hurt :lol: Yay for getting baby cuddles. Can't believe you are already watching Christmas movies, I really need to get my bum into gear with Christmas bits, I am soooo far behind this year. So sorry to hear about your great aunt hun. My hubs is the same with the xbox, he tends to get the hint when I send him a sneaky pic!

Clalee glad to hear you are feeling a bit better today. Hope your eviction tactics start working soon for you and that you enjoy trying some of themimage

LiB loving all the pg sex advice, I will have to try and remember some of it! Glad to hear she has moved away from your ribs a bit.

Vickster sorry you are feeling fragile lovely. I have my fingers crossed they can give you some good news on Thursday. Oh and the week is definately dragging!

Rachey my hubs wants to know everything at the moment, I can't decide if I find it strange that he wants to look at pee sticks with me :lol:

Chic loving the Christmas ticker.

DB loving the ss, I'm the same, don't like to admit to doing it but I do it everytime!

Ww my sticks sometimes do funny things so I can't really help, sorry. Looks like the girls have given you lots of info though.

Squeezed it was my pleasure to do your BA hun, I actually let out a little squeal when I read your message image Ada is gorgeous, can't wait for your BS image

I have actually had quite a good day today considering I was at work. I had my performance review and actually got quite a bit of praise and a thank you for all the work I do from my boss! I nearly fell off my chair :lol: I'm still poas for the cbfm as still no peak and I would dread to think I had missed it by stopping too soon.

Did everyone stop eating the foods you can't eat in pg when you were ttc? I was quite happily enjoying my lunch (a festive baguette) when I realised that I was eating brie. Not sure if it really mattered but I had an omg moment and thought I would ask what everyone else did.

xx
  • Options
    Sue good luck with the mw, hope it all goes well image

xx
  • Options
    MrsM, sex whilst pg isn't the most glamorous or exciting as you'd think. Most of the time you're either knackered & have zero sex drive (I pretty much have zilch!) or you ache so much that any other position other than laying on your side is near impossible!

Dont think I cut any foods out when ttc, because id miss them too much. I did however tell hubs of for having the laptop on his lap quite often because of the heat being so close to the factory! Lol! I think I went decaf for a while too.

Good luck with the midwife sue x
  • Options
    Hey ladies!

Quick post to say mw was really nice and friendly, big scary looking Maori lady with dreads to her bum but was lovely.

Checked weight and height and bp then asked if I wanted to hear heartbeat.....umm YES!

She put the Doppler on my tummy and just could hear my heart, then she wiped the gel off and said she'd try again (at which point I think mine had stopped!) and there it was!! The most amazing sound ever!! Didnt think I'd be able to hear it so soon.

Scan booked for Monday too.

image Ahhhhh!! image
  • Options
    Can't wait to see your ultra sound pic sue xxx
  • Options
    Morning ladies

LiB I have to say I didn't imagine it would be too glamorous I have to say. My hubs will be lucky if he gets any if we get pg, I'm tired a lot of the time now so I dread to think what I'll be like. I was the same with my hubs and the laptop until I realised his job could possibly be doing the same sort of damage. He prefers the laptop on the side anyway so he can play xbox and go online at the same time. I went decaf a couple of years ago as I have had lots of problems with my iron levels and too much caffeine can stop it being absorbed. Thats the only thing I have cut out though.

Sue so pleased the mw went well. Amazing that you got to hear baby's heartbeat too. Bet you are looking forward to your scan now image

I have woken up with a sore throat, boo. I was coughing all the way taking hubs to work, he just kept looking at me like I was mad. Nevermind, suppose I should go and get ready for work.

xx
  • Options
    Morning ladies,

Well last night was fairly strange for me. I was having braxtons again yesterday and after tea I got period pain right across my abdomen! I think the baby has moved down as I'm not as out of breath as I was a couple of days ago, and I kept saying to her 'don't you decide to come early, we're not ready for you yet'! Anyway, a couple of paracetamol and a fairly good nights sleep seemed to help as I woke up with no pain.

Seeing the midwife on friday, so fingers crossed she'll tell me that the baby has moved low down ready to engage.

Sue, you're so lucky to get to hear the heartbeat so early on! They won't do it here until at least your 16 week appointment with the midwife. And you're very lucky to get straight in for a scan too, as you're waiting weeks and weeks here.

MrsM, I think a lot of people are coming down with colds now because its so cold outside and we've all got our heating on inside. It plays havoc with your throat.

Clalee, how are you feeling today?

By the way, who is going to be my designated bump buddy announcer? x
  • Options
    Thanks guys!

Yes I was surprised she suggested it, then scared in case she couldn't find it!

LIB - I'd happily be your bump announcer but it would cost more to text me and the time difference might not work! Unless u had bub about 3am which would suit me fine!

Over here u call the scan place and they just said what day do u want? I said Monday so after 12 weeks then she asked what time would suit!! No hanging about here!

Right off to bed, will hopefully get some work tomorrow so I can pay for the scan!! :roll:
  • Options
    Looby - that's dedication to the cause hope you had a good night.

DB- it'd be too early for a bfp try to hold off for a bit, not easy I know, but it's nicer to see an obvious line than debating if there's a faint one of not.

sue - sounds like a fantastic midwife appointment to me. Can't wait to see your scan pics.

MrsM - I didn't cut anything extra out whilst ttc, the duration of pregnancy is long enough and you could be denying yourself for a very long time. I did add in vitamins but that was it.

Hope you're not getting ill too.

LiB - hope the pains have gone for you I occasionaly get things like that, the midwife told me it was down to the position he'd gotten himself into.

Eviction proceedings went ahead as planned last night, but so far there's no signs of him making a move. I've had more show this morning and (tmi) I've spent hours having a "clear-out" but that could be down to something I've eaten, being ill, or anything else.

I've a sweep booked for tomorrow so if he's not turned up by then it might work, you never know I might get to avoid induction on saturday.
  • Options
    Clalee, said on fb but it sounds like baby Cameron is getting ready to be evicted, so I'll keep everything crossed that you start contracting before your induction is planned.

Angie, ru on fb? I'll message u on there with my number so you can do my announcement x
  • Options
    Hello ladies!

Sue - how exciting you got to hear the heartbeat!!

I tested again this morning, BFN, but AF isn't due til Monday so I know it's waaaaay to early to be testing!! Thank you all for your support re: my SS and testing habits!!! I've decided to put off testing for a couple of days.

Am still feeling "strange", and very emotional (but I think the emotions are a side effect of reducing my meds). Am going to have an early night tonight as soooo tired today! Had to keep apologising to the boys in my class as I kept yawning all afternoon!!!!

Will check in again tomorrow!

Take care ladies!!
  • Options
    Morning Ladies

LiB I hope the mw has good news for you on Friday. I hope the pain was all growing pains and not baby trying to come early.

Angie sounds like you have it covered.

Clalee sounds like things are starting to happen for you image Good luck for your sweep today.

DB sorry about the bfn but it is probably far too early. I know how hard it is to resist though!

Vickster thinking of you today, hope you get some positive news.

I had an interesting day at work yesterday, so glad I am off today! Still not feeling great but feel better than yesterday so thats a bonus. According to ff I ov'd between cd11 and cd25 so thats nice and helpful! I originally thought it was cd22 but I had 2 sticks with 2 lines again this week so no idea. If it was cd22 then af is due Tuesday.

xx
  • Options
    Added you Angie image

MrsM, I didn't have any pains last night so I hope she just was in a funny position x
  • Options
    Angie I started ss today even though it'll still be too early :lol:

LiB glad to hear you the pains have stopped image

I am having such a lazy day, been doing a bit of online Christmas shopping, well browsing as I can't quite find what I want! Might go and do a bit of baking and make a start on dinner.

xx
  • Options
    for those that haven't seen on facebook, despite having period like pains and cramps this morning the midwife isn't too hopeful that the sweep will work I've not made any progress since last week, so going in for induction on saturday looks likely now. Ah well I'll keep bouncing on my ball, walking and trying to encourage him out, but what will be will be there's not too much more I can do about it.

Good luck to all those in the 2ww.

Vickster - how did the appointment go?
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

Clalee and vickster- I keep checking back for updates from you both! Hope there is good news for both of you soon. X x
  • Options
    Just to apologise for being tardy and crap! Still haven't caught up or done birth story; had a rough couple of days where Ada lost too much weight and we had to record her feeding and things. I'd had no sleep as she was up all night where the colostrum wasn't enough for her. My milk is now in though and she's put on 6oz in two days and is giving me a 1-3 hours between feeds at night. I had the baby blues hump yesterday and spent the afternoon/evening crying about being useless and things, but had a great day today where we went out to town with a friend and just bimbled. Hubby loves carrying her in the sling which gives me a break and gives him lots of snuggles.

Hope the preg ladies are well and the non pregs are on their way to being the pregs! I'm going to start writing my BS asap, need to do it while it's still fresh so I can remember too! xxxxxxx
  • Options
    Awwww Squeezedd, sounds like you've had a tiring few days! Glad the little lady is starting to bump on the weight now! xx

Clalee - goodluck for induction if the little man hasn't made an appearance in time. xx

Thanks for all your support re: SS and testing. I'm actually much calmer now than I was earlier in the week - it's amazing what a good nights sleep can do for rational thinking!!! Am still getting wierd tingling feeling all over (as if I'm coming down with flu) and also very achey hips and lower back. I've not bothered testing... am trying to wait until Tuesday to see if AF is late or not. Don't really think I'll hold out that long, especially as the tests are sitting in the bathroom calling my name! One piece of advice a friend gave me when she was TTC was to make testing a normal part of the day so that you don't end up building it up and then seeing a BFN becomes routine.

I've got a lovely weekend planned, including a Narnia themed Ball tomorrow night, so will get my glad rags on! Also only have a 3 day working week ahead of me, followed by a 4 day weekend!!! So, a very happy DB indeed!!!

Babydust, happiness and health to all! image xxx
  • Options
    Hello Ladies

Rachey HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope are having a great day and hubs is spoiling you. Yay for being 20 weeks yesterday!

Angie af wasn't suppose to be here until Tues but I started with spotting yesterday which is pants.

Squeezed glad to hear Ada is gaining the weight back and making life a bit easier for you again. Can't wait to hear your BS.

DB glad to hear you are calmer now, its so easy to get wound up with it all. I had some weird feelings in my tummy yesterday and thought it might be a good sign but no, just looks like af is going to arrive early.

As I have mentioned I started spotting yesterday and have had a bit more today as well as a temp dip. I am beginning to wonder if I ov'd at all although I did get a temp rise but its not overly reliable I guess. Onwards though, I am getting me and hubs started on vitamins again this cycle and I am going to have to shift some weight I think. Also is preseed any better than conceive plus?

xx