Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hoping for an October BFP!

Replies

• Options
    Supersquish I've got everything crossed for you that you will have a BFP in a few days, maybe it's just still too early.

Fairysare- I fe scared too but at the moment I'm just more worried that I'm not going to get pg for ages, but when and if it comes that will be my next thing I will be freaking out about.

It's hard to see other people getting pregnant around you when we're trying so hard; I've calmed down a bit now from finding out my friend is pregnant again three months after giving birth to her first.

Froggy I hope your AF comes resal soon! X
  • Options

Hello Girls, I'm also hoping for that October BFP!

I lost my baby boy at 5 months pregnant July 4th 2012, its been a struggle since then, trying to get pregnant. i've even taken a total of 17 pregnancy tests since july.. jesus christ! My periods are back to normal, i have a regular 28 day cycle, however i ovulate on CD15. Everytime you get that bfn, its like a kick in the heart. i;ve even resulted in pulling tests apart, to try an see a non exsistant line. The things we girls will do ay! 

anyway, this month, I was due on 1st Oct, i had some light brown spotting once yesterday, and its stopped now.. i'm 2 days late today. i'm usually pretty heavy on the first day. i'm going to test tomorrow, still holding out hope, i've already set myself up for a bpn though, so i wont get to disheartened. my cervix is still very high, my temp is 36.7, which is fairly high. and i have slightly sore boobs. 

heres hoping my pain is over and i get my BFP

Good luck to you all!! x

• Options

@Froggy123

I read your last post, and see yoir waiting for your first period since, try not to stress yourself, find other things to occupy you mind, start taking some vitamins, or charting.. just so you focus on something else then checking you knickers. it'll drive you mad, i know exactly how you feel, being around womens who are pregnant is so hard 2 of my friends have just had there babies, and i was sharing my pregnancy expierence with my cousin and sister in law, my cousin and I were 6 days apart, and my sister in law was 4 weeks behind me. I hate it, it sound so selfish but it doesnt seem fair, worst yet, nither of them have ever comforted me. stay strong girl! look at it this way, when you have your baby, it'll be in the limelight! and spoilt rotten!! x

• Options
    Annie may I hope and I will keep everything crossed for you that your BFP shows up this week x
  • Options
    Sorry Annie may I was also meant to say I'm so sorry for your loss x
  • Options
    Hi Guys,

I'm new here and also hoping for an October BFP, for my first! I'm really hoping for a summer baby so need it to be this month or next month! We are TTC our first so it's very exciting! Just strange at the moment as I've only really just come off my pill so my cycle is all over the place and I don't have a clue when I'm ovulating, but we shall see what happens.

Hope you all have some good luck too!
  • Options

sorry to hear that supersquish it may just be a little too earlier, maybe u ov'd later than you thought x

fairysare i know exactly what you mean, there seem to be sooo many pregnant patients at my work at the moment, more than ever before, can't help but feel jealous and upset although i do well to just cover up how i feel.. it is so hard though.. image x

hi annie-may, so sorry about your loss, that must have been awful x fingers crossed for you for bfp though! is it normal for you to be late on? let us know how you get on x

well i had my doctors appointment last night, and she decided to do my second blood test there and then. so now just to wait for the results. i asked her what would happen if it has now gone to negative, whether i would be tested for it again when i fall pregnant again (can it alter during pregnancy etc) anyway all she could say was that some women are advised to take aspirin and inject clexane even if their levels are normal but only after multiple miscarriage and that we should cross that bridge if/when we come to it. - So basically if its normal i just have to hope it doesn't happen again, and wont be offered treatment 'just incase' until i have repeatedly miscarried. love the nhs! so now i feel the complete opposite of how i did when i first found out, and would actually be a little relieved if it is still positive to know there is a treatment etc and have a reason for why i lost my baby image sorry to ramble just really need to get it off my chest. hope everyone is well x x

• Options
    @mylittleangle08 thanks hun; I haven't had a chance to read all through the post what's your story? Are you due on, or have u already had a BFP? X

@mrsash3 thank you darling, it was a terrible expirience, especially it being my first baby.. I think about him everyday. Feel like I'm going insane! Just desperate to fall pregnant again, what's your story? X
  • Options
    I had a mmc at 6 weeks on the 8th August, which was my first pregnancy image

I am now ttc, I've had two AF's, just come off my second one today - I think my cycle is 25 days long- so I should be due around the 23rd of October but I'm hoping the witch isn't going to come and I get a lovely BFP instead- dreams dreams dreams x
  • Options

i can empathis annie-may hun x i had a missed miscarriage at 16 weeks on 14th july, was also my first baby, a baby girl. had some blood tests done and one came back to say i had high anticardiolipin antibodies which is a clotting problem, causes clots in pregnancy and from that miscarriages. had to have another test (yesterday) 12 weeks from mc to see if its still high, if so then ill go under the care of obstetric heamatologist and inject myself daily with blood thinners in future pregnancies. so waiting game for results now. as desperate as i am to be pregnant again i am also feeling anxious about it all after these results.. there is a chance we may have caught this month, due on next tuesday, so we will see. hoping for a speedy referral if im lucky enough for a bfp but the blood test comes back positive again.. we will see x x

• Options
    @mylittleangle08 how old are you hun? If you don't mind me asking, first baby an all.. Were in very simular boats, are you using any products to help you concieve? An opk's? X

@MrsAsh3 ohh babe, how hard must that be! When I lost my baby I found out I was rhesus negative blood - and in future pregnancies need an anti-d injections, cause my blood will fight the baby. I'm no doctor and have no clue about anticardiolipin antibodies, I'm just suggesting incase it could be related to ur blood type? The more we know the better our chance right? Good luck to you hun, have you taken any vitamins? To try help your body prepare for pregnancy?

Good luck to you both on your bfp!!!! Asap girls!!

I'm gonna hold off to test till friday morning, tomorrows the 4th, and 4 is such an unlucky number for me!! Lol!

Thinking of you girls! Xx
  • Options
    @MrsAsh3 how old are you aswell sweetie? Did you no about your antibodies before pregnancy? Xx
  • Options

anyone got any new symptoms? ive given up, we only bd'd twice around ovulation anyway so my chances are slim! x

• Options
    I'm 24, I'm using opks and I'm on pregnacare conception. How old are you Annie-may? Are you using anything?

I've got everything crossed for you mrsash image

Supersquish you never know you might have caught it, stay positive- let us know the results x
  • Options
    @supersquish, when I last fell pregnant, I had sex once the day of ovulation, and it wasn't for long.. I ended up pregnant! Don't give up! X

@MyLittleAngle08 I'm only 19, my partners 21. We never planned on baby number 1, but once we got used to the idea, it seemed the right thing to do, no that I've lost that baby, it feels like there is no purpose for me anymore, I feel so strongly about being a mum. And although my little pumpkin doesn't exsist yet; he/she already has everything lol!

I'm also using opk - clearblue digital ovulation kit! Which is wicked! And my partner and I are also taking pregnacare conception! I've eaten pineapple, had my legs up, temped bbt, you name it we tried it lol!

How long have you been taking the vitamins?

Good luck to all you girls! Xx
  • Options
    For about 4 months now, I do the legs up in the air- do you think it really helps?

I know the feeling once you've lost a baby, the feeling of being a mum becomes mighty strong. I always feel as though I'm a mother without her baby image x
  • Options
    @mylittleangle08 I no exactly how you feel darling, after I lost my baby, my milk come through. It was horrible, having all the natural signs of motherhood and no littlen to give it to!

I really do believe in legs up, hips up! - when I was literally 3 weeks pregnant, my partners sister come to me, asking how to concieve, I didn't even no as much as I know now, back then. But I said I've heard legs up helps, within 4 weeks she was pregnant.. She told me she had her legs up.. Coinsidence?

What facts are you clear on about doing the deed around ovulation? Do u always have the same ovulation day? & do you have sex a few days before, so your man can produce new healthy sperm ready for ovulation babydancing? Xx
  • Options
    I am 23.. I had no idea about the antibodies otherwise I would have been on the injections and aspirin for pregnancy. Unfortunately you only find out about it if you are tested for it and you are only tested if you miscarry image feel crap that I had to lose my little angel to find out but suppose that's just what was meant to be.

I have bought some clear blue digi opks to use, we also use conceive plus and that got us bfp last time on month 2 ttc. Hope we are as lucky this time..

I don't think sticking your legs up makes much difference. I'd say that its more important to tilt hips I use a pillow under my bum, give a helping hand with gravityimage xx
  • Options
    That's terrible they don't test you, until you've already been through the horror image! I'm so sorry for you loss, it must have been terrible, even now it must be hard knowing you have a condition to take into account. You seem to be very strong, and your an inspiration.

I hope you get the much wanted bfp soon as possible!! X
  • Options
    I'll try that mrsash- thanks for the tip.

I do t k ow when I ovulate at all, last month I used opks and didn't get one positive lh reading but I only started using them nearly half way through my cycle so I'm testing today a few days after my period cos I think my cycles are very short. I'm sure I conceived my little angel straight after my period. I don't know about the letting the sperm build up, me and my partner have had sex the last two days- straight after my period.

So so do hoping for a BFP this month but we will have to see x