Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hoping for an October BFP!

Replies

• Options
    @mylittleangel08 - my advice on opk's, clearblue digital ovulation kits, I no there expensive, I think a pack of 20 sticks is ??29.99 in Boots at the moment.. However! Every penny is worth it, when they help. The first month of ttc, after my loss, I had no idea about cycles and ovulations dates, it was all like a forgein language to me, so I tested am and pm! Which was pricey, but it's worth it, I ovulate on cd15, each month, so I'm regular.. I never use to be before baby 1. Also, while ttc, I've done loads of reasearch and I've read countless times once you work out you ovulation date, you should plan to have sex maybe 2 days prior to that? To have healthy strong sprem it shouldn't be more than 3 days old.. So sex every other or every 2 days is the best way forward when ttc! Also if you do use clearblue ovulation digital tests, when you get ur smiley, your egg is probably released 24hours after that..

Hope I didn't mumble! Hope something I say helps someone somewhere!! Good luck to you!! X
  • Options
    No that does help thanks for the advice and I will buy done more opks then cos I only have two at the moment x
  • Options
    Thanks annie-may. Don't actually know if I do have the condition yet still waiting on results but what will be will be.

Yeah with the clearblue digi test the leaflet says you should then dtd over the next 48hours the test detects your LH surge which happens prior to an egg being released. I work in a Gps surgery and I have to say I think the info on sperm needing to be 'fresh' to be strong is not true. Sperm can survive in the womb for up to seven days.. Our doctors simply reccomend when trying to conceive to have sex 3 times a week. So every other day or so I suppose.

The month I fell preg we only really had sex the week before ov so...

Mylittleangel you may well be oving straight after period especially if you have short cycles.. The cb digi sticks say to start tesing on CD6 I think..

Hoping I get a bfp this month, I've got a really bad sore throat and cold at the moment which is rubbish.. Also needing to wee a lot and still quite a bit of cm(sorry if tmi!) which is unusual for me this close to af but we will see. Good luck girls!xx
  • Options

@MrsAsh3 - thats a relief then! I was reading it had to be new and fresh, and sometimes every other day to keep it fresh is hard to keep up with! becomes more of a chore towards the later stages of my cycle.. so thank you for your information. 

Good Luck To You 

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/ttc-journey-1343797200z29z7z20z3z7z15z1z60-2-2-1.png

• Options

Hi ladies,

sorry ive not been on recently...busy busy at work etc!! Hello to all the newbies!! Got a nice wee group now!!! Sorry to hear we have no BFP yet but we are still so early in the month! So I havent had my first AF post mmc yet but still too early but I am no longer bleeding so hopefully thats that done with and I can now forcus on TTC?! To be honest i didnt bleed as much as i was expecting and still think that i will suddenly gush!! (sorry for tmi!!) however i was only 4/5 weeks so maybe thats all ill have? preg test is barely positive now... have to hold it to the light to see it so hopwfully next week it will be negative!! Oh the irony!!!!?

@ supersquish maybe too soon, depends what tests you use some dont detect hcg till youve missed your period, i say test at the weekend?

@annie-may im so sorry that you lost your little biy so late on!!! hard enough at 4 weeks but to see him moving and wriggling...i cant imagine!!! my fingers are soo crossed for you!!! And i have read the same about ttc around ovulation! its funny how we all suddenly become experts ha ha!!! I feel like ive read soo much now i could lecture at midwifery school!!! lol

Ladies... we need to try and stay positive... we need the vibes! its so early in the month and there is lots of time! i know wwe all know someones whos pregnant but we are made to wait because our babies will be so special and perfect that it takes time to make them!!! they will be the superstars of tomorrow lol!!! I have 5 colleagues at work who are preggers went back to work monday after mc and they were all asking how im getting on... had to tell people over and over that i am no longer pregnant!!! Bad day!!! But lets keep our chins up, be strong and just remember that ours will be the best!!!!

Babyt dust to everyone!!! xxx

• Options
    Yeah I think there is a little too much info out there at times some of the things I have googled and read are hilarious yet I've still found myself panicking about whether I am doing everything I can/should!

If we don't catch this month then going into next cycle we will try to dtd 3 times a week then when I get smiley face on ov stick as much as possible over the 48hours following!

I just so want to be pregnant again even with the obvious worries attached for us all it would be nice to have a glimmer of hope x
  • Options
    Loving the positivity katybob image you're right we've only just began october so plenty of time! Ill be testing next week if AF hasn't arrived.. When will everyone else be testing?! The more I think about it the more I hope I've caught this month!!! I had a reeeally vivid dream last night that I had a baby too, woke up feeling so sad I could have cried. Keep thinking my time will come (it will come for us all) and you are so right Katybob our babies will be very very special!x
  • Options
    It does help to stay positive, I must admit I've have been doom and gloom and negative but lately I have made myself think positive and through the help of a lot of people on this forum.

Well I'm due my period 23rd if my cycle is 25 days long so will test the 24th and see. I'm testing tonight for ovulation so hopefully I get a good lh reading x
  • Options
    Well after the last time (i became a bit obsessed with ov stick and symptom spotting etc!!) im not having a testing day!! Im not even doing ov sticks! Just going to dtd as much as pos (i work away 5days a week which doesnt help!!) and if i start feelig pregnant/miss a period or anything then ill test! Have non in the house so none to tempt me! Im hoping one day ill just start vomiting and just know??!! Also think OH was worrying about my mental state after all the stuff i was doing last time!!! Charting etc!! Lol had a work night out on tuesday and was really really drunk! Was the first drink for 4months as i gave up before i got pregnant!!! So as of now im back to decaf and t total other than that ill be doing no testing!!!"

Xx
  • Options
    Yea even though I was testing and didn't have any positive lh readings me and my partner still dtd every other day x
  • Options
    @katybob your positive is wicked girl! Just what we need!! Love it!

@MrsAsh3 I'll be testing in the morning, as I'll be 4 days late on my period! So fingers crossed!

We all have a good chance! Stay focused girls! We all deserve our little miracles! Xxxx
  • Options
    Can anyone give me any advice or had this? I have been doing opk but have still not had a positive reading- Whst should I do???! X
  • Options
    What cycle day are you on? And have u taken it am & pm? X
  • Options
    I'm on cd8 my cycles are 25 days I think (well that was what I counted on my last period, but don't know for sure cos never kept track of my periods) I tested 5pm x
  • Options
    My periods changed after the baby loss, I ovulated on cd15, so I say hold out and keep going!! X
  • Options
    How long are your cycles? X
  • Options
    My cycles are 28 days long xx
  • Options

i didn't get a positive until cd17 this month so i wouldn't worry too much, just persevere xx

• Options

My cycles are around 29 days but I ovulate fairly early (around CD9)  however as I havent had a period yet since mc not sure what will happen now!? DTD today and after had some red blood when i wiped?! Thought id finished bleeding?? havent had anything for 3 days?! is this AF or still MC??

• Options
    I don't usually ov til around 16,17 days so you may be early testing.

Nice to see lots of chat in here. My AF just finished a few days ago. First one after mc was just a normal 5 day one, bit heavy, but not sore. Each time has been very different, but this was the earliest mc, so maybe why it was not so bad. My referral appt is next Thursday, so not long to wait now. We've just started using preseed this month, so will see if that helps.