Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ovulation test strips

Replies

• Options

Hello all,

Just wanted to jump on this board as I've enjoyed (if you know what I mean) reading your story.

My story is: I already have a son and started TTC again last June (after we'd moved house image). Seemed to take ages but we got our BFP in October. Sadly I started bleeding at 7+4 after a bout of sickness and diarrhoea and an internal scan confirmed that my sac had stopped growing at 6+2, although there was actually nothing inside it. So we've been plodding through TTC again.

I tried the cheapo ovulation sticks last month, but ovulation was a lot earlier than I'd expected and with hindsight I put my positives down as negatives because they were the same intensity as the control line.

So because I'm silly and couldn't really get on with them I've splashed out and got the clearblue digital this month which I'm hoping are Gemma-proof! We got out first image on Saturday (been outside all day digging - not great timing!!). So now I'm on the 2ww. God it's dragging!!

Going to test at what I estimate to be 10dpo which is next Wednesday image

• Options

Yeah you've got it! It's so confusing, my cycles vary from 25-30 days so I usually just work out when AF is due based on 13/14 days after I ovulate. I'm afraid ive not got much of a story. DH and I are ttc our 1st. I'm 33 and came off cerazette just over a year ago and have been properly trying for 8 months. I use clear blue digital OPKs, like peeweesmum I couldn't get on with comparing the lines on Internet cheapies I  like to see a smiley face! I also use the apps p log and pink pad to keep a record of everything.  Last month we started taking pregnacare/wellman vitamins and this month we've added conceive plus, anything to increase our chances!! I'm presently 5dpo and each month the 2ww seems to get worse. We haven't told anyone we are ttc either so I know what it's like not been able to discuss things with others. That's why these forums are so great xx

• Options
    So we are all pretty much in the same boat

This month TTC.. image like I said I'm not doing

Any tracking this month so not really going to know when I ovulate just going with the flow and see what the outcome is image I'm just going to base this cycle on 28 days and not concentrate on the 2WW.. so if my AF doesnt come after 28 days I will test. . I have just been taking folic acid image fingers crossed for us all and would love to hear all your updates image and how you all get on.

Xxx
  • Options

Yeah definitely all in the same boat! Wish I could just go with the flow one month but I'm too much of a control freak, lol. I'm going to try and wait until next friday to test but will probably cave in by tues or weds. Baby dust to all xx

• Options
    Well I am at the start of my 2WW, on friday felt like something was going on in my tummy and I had an urge to do an ovulation test the only test this cycle (it was my son's birthday so

I was busy with that) hadn't had a drink in about 2 hours and it was 4 o clock took the test and it was a massive positive the test line was alot stronger than the control line

image so me and my partner have been busy over the weekendimage so the waiting game begins (well maybe after tonight) haha.. how you getting on SW2 and I'm excited for you keepthefaith.. please keep me updated I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you. Xxx
  • Options
    Sorry meant faithryan image xxx
  • Options
    And you peeweesum. Xxx
  • Options
    Sorry meant faithryan image xxx
  • Options
    Well I am at the start of my 2WW, on friday felt like something was going on in my tummy and I had an urge to do an ovulation test the only test this cycle (it was my son's birthday so

I was busy with that) hadn't had a drink in about 2 hours and it was 4 o clock took the test and it was a massive positive the test line was alot stronger than the control line

image so me and my partner have been busy over the weekendimage so the waiting game begins (well maybe after tonight) haha.. how you getting on SW2 and I'm excited for you keepthefaith.. please keep me updated I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you. Xxx
  • Options

the dreaded 2ww!!... Keeping everything crossed for you janice! 

• Options

Thanks Janice, will keep you posted. I'm 8dpo so less than a week to go and it's driving me mad. yesterday I had a few AF like cramps but its probably nothing as I've been symptom spotting all week! Hope your sons birthday went well. Perfect timing with you're testing. Everything crossed for us all too xxx

• Options

Hows it going ladies? Well I'm 5dpo and no symptoms as yet apart from couldn't bloody sleep at all last night (doubt that's a symptom though) haha image I'm trying not to think about it but it is so hard.. just trying to keep busy at work and home..

Im so glad we are all in the same boat and hoping we have some positive results imagexxx

• Options

Sorry meant 4dpo wishing these days away image

• Options

I'm at 9dpo today. Going to test tomorrow, although I know it's unlikely to show anything yet. Not telling my husband image. He wants me to wait until Saturday/Sunday... purely selfish motives though as we're digging the garden out so he wants me working on that all Saturday morning. Daft when I actually write it down but I think we're of the mind that I'm not pregnant until we test! But I just can't wait!! If I see a faint line tomorrow I won't test again until Saturday image

How about you FaithRyan aren't you tempted to test early?

• Options
    Let us know peeweesum how tomorrow goes fingers crossed and good luck image xxx
  • Options

Hi ladies. I've already given in and tested yesterday! Bfn but I was only 9dpo so not giving up yet. Not really sure if I'm having symptoms or not. I could convince myself I've had more cramps and tender boobs, but its equally likely I'm  imagining it!! I'm going to try to wait until Friday to test again, but will probably cave in and do it Thurs. I'm on an early tomorrow, so probably won't have time in the morning. Good luck with testing tomorrow peeweesmum and keeping yourself distracted is a good tactic Janice! Finger crossed for us all xxx

• Options

Dont be disheartened yet faithryan... 9dpo is early so may just take a little longer... Keeping my fingers crossed for you... & everyone else!! image

• Options
    Its not over yet faithryan, there is only a little percentage of women who get a positive that early so there is still hope.. weirdly im having absolutely no symptoms (probably to early to get any anyway) last month I was convinced I was having every early pregnancy sympton known to man..however I did get 2 very very faint eye squinting postives but went on to get my normal AF.. how uou doing SW2?

Im excited for peeweesum to test im so hoping its good news.

xxx
  • Options
    Well it was a big old negative this morning. But I am only 10dpo so I still feel really positive about everything. Definitely not testing again until Saturday now xx
  • Options
    Aww, yes keep positive. . image let us know how you get on Saturday fingers and toes crossed for you both. Xxxx