Forum homeโ€บ Getting pregnantโ€บ Trying to conceive
๐Ÿšจ Advance warning ๐Ÿšจ This forum will be closing on 1st May โ€“ please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

TTC baby number 1, looking for a buddy

Replies

• Options

Congrats Willow! What lovely news for you ๐Ÿ˜Š ย 

Cen im symptom spotting too. It'sย hard not to.ย I keep thinking my chest is tingling. I'm convinced its all in my head . Its our wedding anniversary next week so I'm hoping this will take my mind of things for a while (Yeah right lol).ย 

• Options

I always seem to want to test at this time of night, however I know for a fact that I'm best waiting until morning. If I tested tonight and got a BFN I would need to test again in the morning because I know that it's better to test with your first pee of the day....

I might buy some cheap tests off amazon so that I have a supply there x

• Options

I might do that too Rebecca. I have just been getting them from Boots as necessary for now but would obv save money to bulk buy them.

I'm never sure about whether my urine is too diluted or not. I drink A LOT of water and, like I said before, I usually go to the loo in the middle of the night anyway. I can't get back to sleep if I don't! So wondering if I'd be better off purposefully not going when I first wake up and then testing when I can't hold on any longer.ย 

• Options

I've bought 15 off of amazon for ยฃ2.70, they should be here between Friday and Monday...

and maybe just test during the night, or collect the urine from your nightly pee and test when you wake up?x

• Options

omg how weird I just ordered the same thing yesterday from Amazon ๐Ÿ˜„

• Options

Sab, I was contemplating getting them when I got my ovulation tests, but I decided not to.

Considering the tests that I'm buying (tesco's own) are ยฃ3.50 a box for 2 tests, you are spending ยฃ26.25 for 15 tests from Tesco, or ยฃ2.70 from Amazon....they might not be as pretty but they do the same thing xย 

• Options

Completely agree! Otherwise we would end so spending a fortune on store tests...so much better to buy the cheapies then if we get a faint line we can but a more expensive one to confirm.

• Options

Exactly, if I get a faint line on one of them, I'll test a couple of days later with a cheapie again, and then get a more expensive one, maybe FRER to confirm it. No point spending a fortune on tests for BFN's๐Ÿ˜•X

• Options

You have convinced me! Ordering them now lol. What's your opinion on OPKs? I haven't got any this cycle as I'm still waiting for my first AF after pill so it seems pointless but might consider them for the next one.ย 

On CD 36 so hoping it comes soon... just realised I got to roughly CD 120 before it did last time. That sounds worse than 4 months!ย 

• Options

I use ones I got from Amazon, it was about ยฃ7 for 50 test....they have a green strip on them.

I test with them, and just because they were cheap ones for the first week or so, I tested with 2 at a time to see if the results matched, and they did. I got a positive last Thursday with them, so hopefully that was right xย 

• Options

U got a positive already???

so u just waiting to confirm then?ย 

• Options

Sugar - I think opks are good to help be more accurate but I didn't use them this cycle, I thought I would maybe do less so I don't get obses with it so I judged wen i ovulated based on my cycle length and I must have be about right as a couple days after we started I felt that ovulating twinge in my left ovary but I might start using them again if AF turns up ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Options

Sab, I was meaning a positive ovulation test๐Ÿ˜‚x

• Options

Oh sorry lol my mistake, my AF should come today so let's see what happens...

• Options

Another negative this morning and no period! ๐Ÿ˜ฉ i wondering if maybe my HCG levels are just low?

• Options

Oh no ๐Ÿ˜ฉ Yes they could just be low, some people don't get a positive until a weeks or so after AF doesn't show... Baby dust!

• Options

I caved in and done another test this morning, I don't know why, because I knew it was going to be a BFN๐Ÿ˜” now there aren't any tests in the house, so hopefully that means I will be able to hold off until next Thursday.ย 

Still don't have AF and that's it 11 days late๐Ÿ˜•

How is everyone feeling today?x

• Options

Oh wow 11 days... Yeh I would say it's best u wait at least a week now... It's horrible seeing all the BFN 's...๐Ÿ˜•

• Options

I'm now 3 days late for my period and pregnancy test is still negative or unclear, I've order some sensitive tests from amazon so hopefully they might help this situation ๐Ÿ™ˆ X

• Options

AF was meant to come last Monday, and for some reason last Thursday I done an ovulation test and it was positive, so hopefully I've ovulated late this month and have caught it....fingers crossed though.

Holly, I ordered some too last night. It's going to be so much cheaper than constantly buying ones.

Hope everyone gets a BFP soon x