Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How long after stopping Cerazette did your period return, Part 7

Replies

• Options

Well it was a bit of mixed emotions today. The embryos should ideally be blastocyst stage by today but none of them had made it. Its not the end of the world but not as good as could be. They're still growing but little bit slower than planned. Also they're not up to scratch for freezing (Prob wouldn't survive) so it's all or nothing on this transfer! They've transferred the two best morulas tho so keeping everything crossed.... It's lovely to have them back :-)

• Options

Hi everyone, that was a lot of reading!

sio, you look beautiful, hope it was a wonderful day :)

looby, sounds promising that they've gone ahead with the transfer anyway - got all my fingers & toes. crossed for you x

• Options

Aww sio you look beautiful glad you had a lovely day! The dress is so gorgeous! 

Looby fingers crossed for you! I hope they keep on growing and you have twins haha. what do you do now though? Do you take pregnancy tests to see if it's worked or something? Sorry if I'm being daft. 

Well my dr got the results back on the blood tests and has called me in immediately to discuss the results tomorrow morning. This has proper put the frighteners in me! i mean what's so urgent?! He hasn't even waited for me to have the seconds bloods on cd21?! I can't stop crying that it's bad news and my dreams are shattered. i don't know what to think. hubby can't even come with me as he has a meeting all morning that is too late to cancel. So I will have to take the bad news on my own 😢

• Options

Khw hopefully it is something simple like your thyroid where they can give you tablets and it will solve all your problems. A friend of mine (not ttc) was diagnosed with it and she thought she had gone through the menopause a year earlier, buy it was all due to her thyroid.  Try not to stress too much (stupid thing to say I know) but hopefully it will be a first step to fixing things.  What a shame you have to go on your own though, but we are all here for you to rant/chat/stress with and will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Loboy let's hope it a case of tortoise and hare... and these little ones win the race .... we haven't had twins on this thread yet!!

• Options

Looby I know it's not the result you wanted but it's great that they went ahead with the transfer. I have such a good feeling. I Defo think you'll get your bfp. 

Khw t and relax. Easier said then done but try all the same. Sometimes docs find the stupidest of little things and just get people in straight away. Let us know tomorrow what they say. 

Thanks for the lovely comments about the dress. Have to say I loved it. We are heading off first thing on Wednesday but hopefully I'll get to log on while we are away so I can check how everyone is xx

• Options

Khw, your doc probably hadn't realised how much they're making you worry. as sio says it could be something really simple. Deep breaths lovely x

• Options

Wow sio what a beautiful dress! Love your dress and shoe choice, so different. Now go relax and enjoy that honeymoon. You too deserve this time together xxx

loubylou fx for those two little fighters x 

good luck at docs tomorrow khw. Whatever they have to tell you at least it is the start of moving forward. You've been in limbo for so long and had to be so patient. Shame you have to go in alone. Hope your oh can come home early whatever they tell you, I'm sure you will be drained after. 

Youre absolutly spot on about hitting the jack pot with Oliver rustic 😊

Ely, dinky and millp, not long to go!! Im starting to get a bit panicky now about things like the babies health when it arrives..such a worrier! hope you're all ok x 

• Options

Ah thanks girls. I feel better this morning after the initial panic attack. Hubby says what if they have realised your actually pregnant and that's what the fuss is. If I didn't just have an 8 day period i could have had a little hope lol. 

Beu I think your right about being in limbo but I sort of had blissful ignorance about something being wrong and now it's hit me that there probably is and there is a long road ahead 😔

My appintment is at 9 so not long to wait I will let you all know what happens. I have interviews straight after so what a fun day today! 🙄

Sio where do you fly to first? Bet you can't wait for some proper alone time :) 

Can't believe you are all getting so close to giving birth! Where does time go? 

xxx

• Options

All the best for 9am khw xx

• Options

Thanks rustic. 

its what i thought all along. I have PCOS. they can't say for definite until i have a scan but the bloods pointed to that. My testosterone was perfect but my LH was bad. So next step is for hubby to have a sample to rule him out and then I get my referral to the fertility clinic. Least I know what the issue is and work with that in the meantime. 

• Options

Sorry khw only just seen you post about Dr appt. they certainly know how to panic you. Did you see on news today about Drs receptionists being big barrier to accessing healthcare and that they need fo focus more on how to speak to people?! Anyway, glad you have some answers now. at least now they know they can get you started on treatment sooner rather than later. My SIL was diagnosed with pcos and was devastated - they had an appt with the dr a few weeks later about next steps in ttc and he laughed and told her she was already pregnant! She's now expecting #2 all naturally!

beu its typical that we never stop finding something to worry about! I'm sure it will all be fine! My mantra for the next couple of weeks is 'don't stress, just laugh'!

• Options

Ps just saw your question khw. Yeah basically they've told me to do a clear blue test on 24 oct (and not before so please tell me off if I get tempted!) then let them know the outcome. They won't chase in case it's negative and I'm not ready to talk. If it is BFN then we make an appointment when ready to discuss future options (which would involve lots of cash as I was only entitled to one go on NHS). If it's positive you go for a scan a week or two later at the clinic and if all well get discharged to gp care. So just two weeks of thumb twiddling!

• Options

Oh Looby that's going to drag for you but fx it will be worth the wait. I agree with the thing about doctors receptionists, they can be a nightmare. 

Khw how are you feeling? Must be a shock but at least you know and they are getting you help now so hopefully this is the turning point in your journey xx

• Options

Oh khw not what you wanted to hear but at least you know what's what now and can crack on with treating it. Annoyed for you about the lack of support you've been offered from your gp over the last year. Let's hope they pull their finger out now x 

loubylou is there anything you have planned or can book in to occupy you over the next couple of weeks? You're absolutly right about not stressing. It does us no good! 

• Options

Thanks girls you are all so lovely in your support. 

I had a small cry but I don't think it was too much of a shock I sorta guessed that before but when I pushed it with the other gp he told me I was wrong because I am not especially overweight. (I'm guessing to him that's the only symptom 🙄) this gp seems a lot better. I still have to have my cd21 bloods and theyve given me a request for another 2 tests to be done at the same time for LSH and prolactin? I haven't had a chance to look into what these are yet. 

Thanks for the story about your SIL looby that really perked me up! I'm hoping that in two weeks you'll have the best news. I can't imagine what that kind of two week wait must feel like! Massive fingers crossed for you! 

Lucky for me work is really busy so no time to mull too much. I'm sure tonight I will be googling Ike crazy 🙈🙈

• Options

Ah kWh. Not what you wanted to hear but at least now you know what you are dealing With and it is treatable. To perk you up more my sister has pcos and had twins so focus on stories like that. 

Looby I was the same. Just told to take a test and let them know. You will find its a little different this 2ww. You will  you've done everything you can. I even managed to wait two extra days to test as oh was away. Not saying you won't symptom spot. It's just a bit different. 

Right no one have a baby while I'm away. I'll have wine fir you all. And hopefully come back with a little surprise 

• Options

Happy honeymoon sio! X

• Options

Happy honeymoon sio! Hope u and hubby have the most amazing time! 

Looby best of luck for this tww! I'm keeping everything crossed for u for 24th October.

Khw sorry to hear about the pcos :( in a way though at least now u know what's explaining the longer cycles and hopefully it'll be a step closer to a bfp now. I too know lots of people who have fallen pregnant with pcos so there's lots of positive stories out there. 

• Options

Sorry to hear that khw, but like everyone else has said it doesn't mean you won't conceive x. At least now you can get started on any treatments / diet plans etc that may help.

looby, I'll have a good luck glass of wine for you this weekend! Fingers crossed :)

Sio, have an amazing honeymoon x

• Options

Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines.