Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone else TTC#1?

Replies

• Options

Yeah I am going to do it when I'm back from work so about 6pm, I had my period 11th-15th Jan although it was quite lighter than normal and took me by surprise being early lol 

At least if you test after you miss a period you won't know if that makes sense.

• Options

Yeah I don't want to know if it happens again.

• Options

Miley15 I've just reread and missed the cp part! Sorry you had to go through that :( Like you said though, trying to get a positive out of a horrible situation, at least something is happening! Fingers crossed you get your bfp this month and a sticky bean!!

I tested again today, 7 days after suspected IB, and still bfn :( I'm taking last week as a light period and counting myself out this month.

Those who use OPKs, do you find that the cheapie dip sticks work well? I was going to try and track my temps, but I'm going away next week so think being abroad with a big time change might throw it off?

• Options

I used opks the month I got my cp and they worked well, I tested at 3pm and 8pm every day and tried not to drink before each test. 

I got a clear postive (test line the same or darker that the control line) and then continued to test a few more days to check and they were getting lighter so knew that was my surge.

I've come to terms with cp and like I said seeing a postive from the situation, at least something has happened to break up the almost 3 years we've been ttc with no signs of anything going on so has given us both hope.

• Options

Thank you, I'll give that a go! That's the other part of the frustration for me now, because I only stopped my pill end of December, I don't actually know if I'm ovulating again yet. The not knowing is driving me mad!

Yes definitely, knowing how common cps are now, I'd definitely do the early test (just because I'm impatient and have to know what's going on!) but not get my hopes up until a week or two after. 

• Options

Miley- You and I are in the same boat. I definitely don't want to test early anymore, and will wait until after AF was due to arrive to even consider taking a test now. I would have just thought my cp was a late and somewhat heavier AF. 

As far as the cheapie sticks go, they have worked well for me. I start using them about CD 10 and continue until I see the surge and then for a few days after. I've gotten pregnant twice just by going by what the opk's tell me...now I just need one of the beans to stay put! This past month I've been temping as well, but won't really notice anything in terms of a pattern until I am consistently temping for a few months. 

• Options

Fertilisation happened the first month I used opks, the same as you from around day 10 until a few days after postive but little bean just didn't stick so I've been looking up aiding implantation and it says eating pineapple core after ovulation and Brazil nuts so I'm willing to give that a try.

I can't be doing with temping tbh, I am really forgetful so just know it wouldn't be accurate.

• Options

Hello ladies. Good luck to all of you in the tww and those ttc :-) we are on day 17 of cycle, we had CBFM 0 on cd8/9/10, a flashing smiley (confirmed with faint line one step cheapies) on CD 11/12 but we had to wait on a delivery of MORE cbfm sticks, which arrived a day later as pink ones that don't track the oestrogen and it was 0 on cd13 evening, but the purple ones came the day after and on cd14/15/16/17 it is still showing flashing smileys. We usually ov around cd11-13 (cycles range from 25-30days... Weirdly before we started trying they were regular!!) Today (cd17) the cheapo sticks lines are barely there and in comparison to last week's (which had quite a dark line) they would appear to confirm that it's been and gone and the flashing is just detecting the oestrogen-if we had the tests on the right day we may have got a solid smiley and then would have stopped using it, is it normal to continue testing positive for oestrogen after ovulation and we missed that day of solid smiley or should we keep testing and getting flashing smileys ... The cheapie sticks confirm my thinking that it's been and gone... I think lol :-/ 

Baby dust to all... I'm finding all posts very interesting and knowledgeable :-) 

• Options

Thank you ladies! I really hope you both get your sticky beans soon! I'll start using the cheapie sticks this week, I bought a pack of 30 so have plenty lol. 

Hello Ttcrnch! I'm only just starting with OPKs so can't help really, but hope someone can!

• Options

Hello all, 

I hope everyone's doing well? 

I wanted to update you....I got my BFP today 😊.....now keeping everything crossed for a sticky bean! 

Xx

• Options

Ahhh that's wonderful news SDA17! Congratulations!! :D xx

• Options

Thank you Ellabelle! Xx

Baby dust to everyone xx

• Options

Yay SDA17 congratulations on your BFP 😁 hopefully all of us won't be long either.

I started using OPKs yesterday CD13 for me was negative I'm not surprised lol x

• Options

Thank you hummingbird! 

I have 28day cycles and ovulated on cd15....keep testing and fingers crossed you'll see your dark line soon 😊 xx

• Options

Thanks hun my cycles have been up to 48days long but fingers crossed that they are settling down to 40ish days unless I have caught this time but we will see.

I've bought some cheap OPKs so will keep testing and see 😃😄 x

• Options

Ahhh SDA17 Congratulations ❤

• Options

The opk's are good, but I think I may have become a lil bit obsessed lol

• Options

Aww yay congrats sda :-) 

• Options

Congratulations SDA!! Xx

• Options

Thank you everyone! Xx