Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ovulation Test Strips - Part 14

Replies

• Options

Yeah that's what I'll do. I have to say following SMEP this and last month seems to have helped with relieving the stress a bit. I have felt calmer during the fertile week. 

• Options

That sounds good ladies. It’s so much nicer if you’re a bit calmer about it isn’t it! Fingers crossed for you.xxx

• Options

Looks like we have a similar cycle again razor. I'm not hopeful at all this month. Because I've realised it's probably going to be a long haul trying to get pregnant I've decided to try not to pressure hubby too much during fertile week as otherwise he's going to start dreading it every month. So we dtd Friday and Tuesday and ov is today so I really wished we'd done it yesterday but will try tonight . Is difficult as my 16 month old is such a poor sleeper and every time we try to dtd we can guarantee he'll wake and want to breastfeed. He'll feed for ages by which time hubby has fallen asleep. 😩

• Options

Hi girls hope everyone is ok 

I wonder if I could have some advice, so thinking I’d probably already ovulated according to my opks me n h have relaxed on the dtd so on Sunday I managed to dtd then working late Monday n Tuesday n Wednesday didnt managed to do it, on Tuesday I got a positive opks so does this mean I’ve missed my chance? This is my first Clomid month and I’ve noticed I’ve had no cm at all so I no that doesn’t help, so should I just write this month off 🙄😪

Thanks girls baby dust to everyone xx

• Options

Sperm lives for 5 days kez in a healthy environment:)

clomid is known for drying up cm so evening primrose oil can help you with that taken cycle day 1 to a positive opk only, then stop until AF starts again 

I got mine from Superdrug on a 3 for 2 offer 500mg capsules. I took 1500mgs per day. I tend to ovulate cd 10 so I took them cd1-10

worth a try 

good luck x 

• Options

Thank u so much mma for getting back to me I’ll keep fingers crossed if not there’s always next month 

baby dust xx

• Options

Louise dont stress to much me and the hubby only dtd yesterday and I think I'm due to ovalate tomorrow but I had a bad seizure friday and just getting bk on me feet today and wont be dtd again until tomorrow do possibly I wont have covered this month also.I'm having 12 different blood tests done on monday next week to check literally everything as when I say seizure I'm not epileptic its a very rare disorder hemaplegic migraine I have and similar to strokes symptoms so they have to rule everything out incase it wasn't a hemaplegic attack,so sadly this month is out maybe for me good kuck u will get thier xx

• Options

Deedee that is to soon to test and those symptoms are so like when af is due I usually get them a week or so befor af but everyone is different i hope its your month try again in few days good luck xx

• Options

Tracy hope you’re ok. That sounds frightening.Xxx

• Options

Thanks Tracy. Hope you’re ok xx

• Options

Hope your bloods come back ok Tracy have a good rest and concentrate on next month. You’ll get there as I did , you all will 😊😘

• Options

Mma how was your bp today?xx

• Options

Oh gosh Tracy!! Glad to hear you’re ok after your seizure and fingers crossed your bloods don’t show any major issues! 

deedee... I agree with the others that 9dpo is for sure too early to count yourself out. With my first 2 pregnancies I am certain that I implanted on 8dpo as I had a day where I felt absolutely crappy (exhausted, flu like body aches and tiredness) and then was fine the next day. So if I had tested at 9dpo i would’ve got negatives as it takes about 48 hours after implantation to get enough HCG in your system for even the most sensitive tests to pick up. 

Mma... glad the scan went well (apart from the grumpy tech!!). How was your bp today? 

• Options

Thank you emj xx louise xx mma xx

• Options

They kept me under obs for about 21/2 hours and it slowly decreased. The midwife today was older wiser and so very thorough, left no stone unturned so to speak:)

she eventually said let’s do BP old style rather than the electronic machines and it was perfect!! Those electric ones always say I have high bp the manual ones it’s always spot on 👍🏻

She read my entire history and said let’s monitor baby for an hour kept me drinking cold water to check her movements which were all good. She could see I was anxious!

she let me self swab as well as about 5 cycles b4 pregnancy I thought I had thrush which turned out to be strep b! This can cause complications for baby. She said let’s get a swab done I was so surprised as I’ve asked 4 times to please check it’s gone and I’ve been refused as the NHS make you pay for that test! I said that and she said I don’t care I’m doing so we know for sure it’s gone and bubs is safe 😊

I was so pleased with her so I’m feeling content right now:)

HV again 2mrw hopefully blood pressure will behave 🤣

The lady in the MAU also said ladies like me with my history are most welcome on her ward whenever I feel the need to be reassured she said I can see your worrying please don’t come in as we are here for you, I was quite moved by her caring nature ❤️

Thank you for asking Emj by 2mrw I’ll be back to worrying 🤣🤦🏻‍♀️

• Options

Thank you for asking SW2 all good at the moment but just wish she’d get her dancing shoes on or her boxing gloves out 🤣 she’s so quiet it stresses me out daily!!

• Options

MMA you are getting such amazing care, I’m so glad they are looking after you well! Not long to go x

i got my peak this morning on cb advanced but H had to go to work so will wait until tonight. We didn’t dtd yesterday as going for every other day so am just hoping we havent missed it. I just keep saying to myself, just relax just relax. Time will tell xx

• Options

We’ve never done everyday hun and when we did try hubby found his amount of seminal fluid dropped dramatically he felt he had a much better build up over 2 days!! Haha the things we discuss 🤣 remember the 4 days build up to ovulation is the key 😜

• Options

There’s no way you can do it every day for very long razor. I don’t know about your oh but it really puts my hubby off as he feels like it becomes very mechanical. Keep relaxing about it, less stress has got to be good for you! Easier said than done I know but much nicer if you can chill about it. 

Fingers crossed your bp has come down mma.

sw2 hope you and the babies are ok.

lucy, how are you doing?

xxx

• Options

Yep every day is definitely too much. I’ve tried smep type style the last few months and it definitely gets too much for oh and causes arguments so thought i would just go for every other day this month which im ok about but then feel like we’ve gone for the wrong ones haha, can’t win at this game can I 😂 

ill definitely be getting hold of H today at some point, hopefully before tonight as the latest I ever ovulate is day 14 which is today and don’t want to miss that eggy x 

This discussion has been closed.