Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ovulation Test Strips - Part 14

Replies

• Options

Yes had another HV appt today my bp was spot on at 130/70 when I’m not pg it’s 110-120/60 so it’s not far off my norm 😃

7 weeks to go if she’s 2 weeks early like my Max be 5 weeks 😆

• Options

That’s fab mma. Not long to go at all! What a lovely Christmas pressie!

razor, yeah try and dtd today then you’ve covered your ov as much as possible. it’s defo hard work trying to time it right but I think we put too much pressure on ourselves.

xxx

• Options

Mines normally low to mma and is still around 120/70 so perfevt really 

I just got home from another scan and consultant apointment scan went ok but because of everything this week thy want to induced me at 36 weeks which I’m greatful for as it give him an extra week in there to grow abit more so being induced on the 1st of November in 6 days. 

• Options

How exciting 😄 6 days 

• Options

I know but nervous, scared but also exctied. feels like I can actually prepare before the day so I’m less stressed. Feels like this pregnancy has flown by can’t belive I’m at this stage 

• Options

Exciting Lucy!!  

Weve done every other day too razor. We've done opposite days to you though as we dtd tues and thurs with ov being thurs. I wanted to do weds as that's supposed to be peak time . Am going to try that day next month if doesn't work this month. it sounds like you covered the peak day. 

• Options

Has anyone tried one of those ava bracelets? Or heard any reviews etc? X 

• Options

I saw that advertised the other day. Does it just tell you when you ovulate? Would have thought it's a lot cheaper to use opk and temps 

• Options

I’m going to be honest here!! £200+ for a fertility bracelet 😲😲😲

Honestly opks a bit of temping over your fertile window to check on a temp rise and a decent app ( they are free!) nookie every 2-3 days after AF ends honestly that’s all you need but they are a personal choice:)

Its very much like a Fitbit!! My Fitbit tracked my cycle my heart rate & everything else :) My heartrate always would be faster after ovulation then after AF went back to normal it showed a very clear pattern that was £130 at the time:)

I fell pregnant when I stopped tracking everything and just did an opk when I felt I was about to ovulate( period type aches) and a lot more clear cm was noted & it worked 🤗

It took 2 years ( probably not helped by age!) I think too much stressing hindered us we gave up and hey presto!!

Good luck though whatever you choose to try 😊

• Options

Yeah its super pricey. But i couldn't get on with temping myself. I struggled to get it at the right time etc so not a suitable thing for me. OPKs are working reasonably well i was just struck by an advert that had all these women pregnant in less than 6 months. Silly I'm sure! 

• Options

With temping though nelly you only need to temp a few days once you know approx what your normal temps are. Just temp when you get a positive opk and check it goes up about 2 days later.  Only needs about 3 days in a row. 

• Options

Mine has gone up to 36.5 today as I ov ‘d yesterday but it’s always 36.2 or 36.3 normally so I know I’ve ov’d as It’s never 36.5 otherwise. I’ll prob carry on temping to watch it rise more but I could stop now .

• Options

Good morning ladies, I am 11 days dpo, af is due on Tuesday. My temp is still high, still having severe dry mouth, Going to the bathroom 2-3 more than I normally do in a day and that’s unlike me and I’m not drinking more than before despite the dry mouth. I am fatigued but I feel like that’s normal for me. My boobs are only sore when I touch them. But the feeling of nausea is still present every single day, mostly in the evening and I’m burping along with it which makes puke come up a bit. I have not had any of my usual period pains yet (back pain and lower stomach) I’m hoping that’s a good thing.

I did take a frer and I could swear there’s a faint line there when I hold it up to the light. I want to test again but I’m afraid to waste another one in case it’s an evaporation line. What do u ladies think?

• Options

Deedee, that sounds really promising. I’d test again!!! Fingers crossed.xx

• Options

Would u test same day or wait a couple of days? I also have a digital frer instead of the lines because I figured it’s easier to read a yea or no. does that work just as well as reading the lines? 

• Options

deedee do u have a pic or is it to light to capture on camera I had a vvfl at 9dpo but by 10dpo it was very noticeable. You don’t even have to wait just hold urine for 4 hours and try not to drink anything xx

• Options

Sounds promising deedee! I would test again tmw... use FMU (first morning urine) only as that’s when your pee will be most concentrated so give the most accurate result. Don’t use a digital yet... the amount of HCG needed for those to read positive is higher than the regular line tests. If you have another regular FRER then use that! 

Good luck and post a pic!!

• Options

It’s too faint to capture on camera. I have to hold it at a certain angle to even see and with the flazh light on It on my phone. I think I may be reading too much into it claloub if you say you’ve had a noticible line by 10 days dpo, I’m 11 and it’s not, it could be an evaporation line. 

• Options

I wouls still test tomorrow deedee maybe you ovulated slightly later hun and you don’t usually get an Evan until the test has dried for a while so fingers crossed for u xx

• Options

Thanks claloub, I’ll try to keep my mind off it until tmr to see if there is anything there! 

This discussion has been closed.