Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

TTC for a few months or longer chat (December thread)

12345679»

Replies

• Options
    oh I'm sorry Russellg. Life is so cruel to have given u that bit of hope. Sounds like a chemical. It's great that you've got that appointment tomorrow so your not having to wait around for it. Good luck, and let us know how you get on x
  • Options
    Russelg, how did u get on with your appointment? Hope it went well. 

well guys... I have some news. I am so so so shocked to say that I found out this morning that I'm pregnant. it hasnt sunk in yet. 
    I took a cheapie test as I normally do every month on 14dpo. I wanted to just rule it out for this weekend so i could have a couple of drinks whilst were away camping for easter. I did it half asleep when i got out of bed, and I just put it to one side and forgot about it for 20 mins or so. I'm so used to seeing bfn's that it truly didn't even cross my mind that it could be positive. When i looked, I nearly fell off my seat!! 
    I then did a frer and a digital clear blue. To say I'm shocked is an understatement. My husband's jaw nearly hit the floor when I told him this evening.
    This was month 18 of trying. We only dtd once on mother's day, then got a pos opk 3 days later. No particular special timing, no dtd every day, no elevating hips on a pillow afterwards etc like we have all the other months! 
    Obviously the flushing of the tubes has worked and no need for ivf. Just can't believe it. 
    I've had no symptoms what so ever. Had my usual cramping like Af is coming. But that's it. 
    I hope u guys don't mind me posting this. I know all too well that horrible feeling when someone tells u they have their bfp. But I wanted to tell u to give u hope. never let go of hope. I had for a while recently, and it has finally happened when I least expected it! 
    I am praying for a healthy pregnancy now.. and will prob book an early scan to rule out an ectopic as this can happen after flushing the tubes if there is damage inside them. 
    Will post the pics below of my tests. Not going anywhere yet, but just a massive thanks for all the support on here. 
  • Options

• Options
    That’s amazing news gospel. Wow! I’m really, really happy for you. Here’s to a happy and healthy 9 months!xxxc
  • Options
    That's great Gospel congratulations so glad you don't need to go through IVF.
    Appointment didn't give me much hope to be honest had some bloods taken to test for various things then have to have blood done on day 21 for progesterone then he will write to me with results. Feel like I am in a bit of limbo at the moment just want to move things forward and don't feel like I am getting anywhere.
  • Options
    Thankyou Emj3. so excited! 
    Yeh, that's what it was like for us at the start russelg, everything seemed to take forever to do. And thats where l lost hope and excitment about ttc, because i felt like i was doing opks for nothinh, and that we were dtd for nothing. Then waiting for test results and not knowing what was going to happen next. Like u say, its like your in limbo. you'll get there. x
  • Options
    Congratulations Gospel! Amazing news xxx
  • Options
    Congratulations Gospel!

I have been MIA since I told you about my BFP & issues with ruling out ectopic. I am so grateful for you & your encouragement. Since then, I have been obsessively planning & comparing products. But yesterday it all came crashing down...I went in for my 12 week appointment & they couldn’t find a heartbeat with a Doppler so they sent me to ultrasound where we learned the baby never grew after my 8 week scan & no longer has a heartbeat. We had just told our family & close friends since it has been really difficult keeping it a secret at my work (Because of work related exposures that are risky during pregnancy I had to tell them right away). Since I have been carrying a non viable fetus for 4 weeks without symptoms or any attempts by my body to miscarry naturally (missed miscarriage as they call it) I have to go in Thursday for a D&C. We are heartbroken to say the least.
  • Options
    DSW I am so sorry to read this. Sending you lots of love and support at this horrible time x
  • Options
    oh my goodness DSW. I'm so so sorry, and so sad to be reading this. Life can be so cruel. I will be thinking of you tomorrow xx
  • Options
    Oh no DSW, I'm so sorry! How awful for you. I have a friend at work who went through this twice last year (both fetus never made it past 7 weeks) but now she is 20 weeks pregnant again and all seems well, so I hope that gives you some hope xxx