Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

1 dpo - anyone else want to join me? - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    I have to say, 10 months is early days however to be told that is frustrating! We got our BFP after 17 months. Yes maybe you just missed your surge, or you are having a random cycle! There is no rules for TTC again however, we are waiting for results so if we need any genetic testing done we can have before getting pregnant again xx
  • Options
    Ags so glad to hear from you and sounds like hubbys soldiers are in a better postion for battle of the egg anyway so fx. Did you get a temp like the first 2 times last time with the iui?? Hopefully natural will take that factor out and you conceive very soon. I know your usual is around 16dpo but when i conceived this time it was cd 23/24 which is very late even for me. Good luck xx

Char im not sure what happened exactly the lady went in for reduced movements and found there was no heart beat on the 9th 😭. Baby was born a week or so later on fathers day 😥. So sad.

Im 37+ 3 today but i went to 42 weeks with my first so it still could be a while yet xx
  • Options
    Sorry i meant cd16 
  • Options
    The second IUI also had fever after the day so we knew something was wrong and we were unsuccessful. So had to change something, we decided to go to another clinic and change doctors. The third time everything went perfectly as it was supposed to be, no fever, nothing. AF came unfortunately, but at the same time we felt we only had 1 IUI, not three, so the first two didn't really "count". There are theories that they used different ingredients when they injected the soldiers (it is put in some liquid) and that caused an allergic reaction. At the other place we didn't have that issue, so maybe we will do more IUIs in the future, but after having 3 we needed a break. Plus we got on the IVF list, and that gave us some perspective. 
    Char, in that 17months did you have any health issues or blood tests that would have indicated the reason behind the fact you didn't get pregnant? 
    Did another opk now (it's 11AM, I haven't drunk any liquid) and it came back completely negative. Strange, but I do believe I missed my surge. I must have ovulated as I felt it, plus there is the temp rise, just no positive opks for the first time since TTC... Who knows? I can only trust the Tuesday evening BD will do the trick. :)
  • Options
    @Ags1985 yes I do have PCOS but had my ovarian drilling and then took us 3 months to conceive after that once I had a regular cycle and I was actually ovulating. Wow how interesting about the allergic reaction. Very  frustrating though. Don't worry too much about your surge, just keep BDing :) I dont know exactly when I ovulated the month I fell because it was the month I didn't track xx
  • Options
    Yeah ide kind of take it as only 1 iui. Hopefully you dont have to do ivf as that has its own issues with all the drugs and injecting and such. My aunt and uncle went through ivf after 4+ years of trying xx
  • Options
    Yeah, I do know IVF sounds a bit too soon as we have not even been trying for a year, but the waiting list is quite long (can be a full pregnancy length!), so I am glad we are on it after all, as a back up plan "worst case scenario" kind of...
    If I think about people who've been trying for years I just don't know how can they cope. It does not get any easier, luckily our marriage doesn't suffer as he is very supportive.
    That being said he cycled to work yesterday that did make me upset as I think it's very bad, but I also understand he's been waiting for weeks for the weather to be good, so don't want to moan too much either. Plus apparently I ovulated yesterday so it doesn't really matter anyway. 
  • Options
    Char how did results day go. Been thinking of you xx
  • Options
    Sorry @AlyssaCarlin19 just seen this! 
    So, my baby girl had triploidy 😓 extra full set of chromosomes. Amazingly she was only 2 weeks behind in growth which is pretty amazing. She was a fighter but would have passed away in me at a later stage. We made the right decision. I have to have some tests before we get the final all clear as my placenta showed something called partial molar so they need to make sure my levels are all out of my system and there is nothing left behind in my womb. Basically consultant said it was a 'genetic fluke' xxx
  • Options
    Genetic fluke sounds like a positive thing going forward at least. What a little fighter she was bless her 💜 she will always be your baby too precious for this earth 👼 xx
  • Options
    Yes your right, its positive news out of a very horrendous situation. Yes she was indeed 💜
  • Options
    Well its been a little while. How is everyone doing??. Im 39+3 well in 15 minutes i will be lol. Still plodding on, this boy is going to be just like his big brother and have a forced eviction i feel. 4 days till due date. Had to go on monitor for reduced movement after my appointment on Tuesday 😬. Hubby has just been made redundant and stress levels are high so thats what i put it down to 😑. Was a long day but everything came back fine just my high heart rate setting off the machine constantly and having braxton hicks because i was dehydrated and hungry from waiting for my hospital appointment so long because of an emergency. At my appointment they attempted a sweep but was tightly closed so they couldnt do one. Got an appointment for another attempt tomorrow so fingers crossed it works. So huge, hot and uncomfortable now xx (last comparison pic done, first boy on left and this baby boy on the right)  
  • Options
    Bloody hell not long left now for you! Good luck Hun! I’m 27 weeks now! 13 weeks to go! Crazy how fast this is going! 💖xx
  • Options
    Lovely updates on the bumps ladies. Best of luck! I'm still plodding along at the moment. Still in limbo as I have had to have some tests done as my pregnancy was something called partial molar. They have to monitor your HCG levels so they are back to normal. My first period also arrived yesterday 😓 first one since January xx 
  • Options
    Fingers crossed you have all your answers soon @Char09 😘 I’m glad your period has now arrived, that’s a good sign xxx
  • Options
    I actually got my first tests back yesterday and it was all normal which is fab news. Just got to have a follow up in 4 weeks then I'm hopefully discharged! Yes it is a good sign. Might start tracking ovulation this month to see what my body us doing. Can't believe I'll have to be back in this whole TTC madness again so soon 😓😓😓 xx 
  • Options
    Glad all is normal 😊 yeah no harm in tracking so you know your body is doing things right. All the luck in the world for next time hun 🤞🏻😘xxx
  • Options
    Char, so happy the results came back normal and that you are ok! Wishing you a quick recovery!! Xx 

Alyssa! Time has been flying! Hard to believe you’re having your baby so soon!! :) It’s so exciting! Is your little boy excited to be a big brother? Are you ready?? 

Ellie, you look amazing! Cute bump! Is 27 weeks 3rd trimester yet? I always need to look that up! Hope you’re feeling good! 

I am now 20 weeks! We have a doctor’s appointment Monday and ultrasound Tuesday! So we should find out the baby’s gender if all goes well!! And I cannot wait! I found a nice luxurious stroller for sale on Facebook market and will be purchasing it tomorrow for a very good price, I am pretty happy with my find! And we are planning a trip to ikea on Monday to buy what we need for the nursery! So things are getting pretty real here! I still have no belly.. when did you guys pop?? I can’t wait to start showing!! 
  • Options
    Ah exciting to find out if it’s a girl or boy!! Do you have any idea?! Here in the uk they say 28 weeks is the start of the 3rd trimester..I think!! I didn’t really start showing until about 23 weeks! So hopefully in the next few weeks you will have a little bump! 🥰xx
  • Options
    Ellie your bump is so cute! 
    Char all sounds positive so far so hopefully it was just one of those things and you can ttc again soon if thats your plan. Now your body has been pregnant hopefully it wont take long to happen again.
    Billy i keep telling Alex (my 3 year old) all about baby and how he will be like a tiny version of him with fingers and toes and a little nose. I said will you love him and he was like no 😂😅. What are you hoping for boy/girl or dont you mind?? 
    Currently got my feet in a cold bowl of water as they have swelled with the heat again today 😓. 
    Still feels surreal that i will have a baby soon. Its like its not happening to me. I felt same with my first. Im getting so anxious and scared, i just want to get it over with and him to be here now. Had 2nd sweep on friday eve and she said she could feel babies fingers as he had his hand on his head 🙈. I said oh god hes going to try and come out with a hand above his head isnt he 😬🤦‍♀️. Im sometimes wonder if ive made the right decision about trying for a vbac over a planned c section but i think its just the anxiety talking. If i had planned c section they would have done it this week so he would already be here now too.