Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

2dpo TWW anyone want to join?

Replies

• Options

HealthyGenes1986... are you? aww great we can symptom spot together! When did you ovulate? I was around the 16th/17th I believe.. my app says today but I think that’s completely wrong! 

Currently Im not taking any vitamins I think I might start... the only vitamins I had taken with previous pregnancies was ‘pregnacare’ it’s like a multi vitiman that you can continue through till breastfeeding and during etc! Apart from that I’m not really sure on vitimans so if you hear of any good ones please share girls 😊. 

Jade xx 

• Options

Hey I just take the vit D and folic acid, I tried seven seas trying for a baby when we first started tying but they seemed to mess my cycles up so I stopped those x

• Options

My partner also takes a multi vitamin, I’m sure it was a coincidence but my pregnancy that ended with mc was conceived the first month he started taking them, so he’s started them again this cycle x

• Options

Jade, I ovulated yesterday or so my CB opks tells me! That was CD13 whereas my Clue app predicts CD16 so I think you're right in saying apps shouldn't be relied on. I assume they are based on averages, clearly I'm not the average female!

If we are still trying next month I was thinking of just trying to DTD every other day from about CD 7 through to CD20 or so, if my DH is up for it and not ill again. I think I am getting too obsessed with opks, temp charts, CM apps..!

• Options

Hey healthygenes (also love the name, I teach genetics if you ever have any further questions!)

If we are still trying next month, we are going to go the same route. Both on multivitamins, DTD evry 2nd day from days 10-20. If we can stay awake long enough! No tracking or checking, just chillin.

May also take it easier on the caffeine. I am addicted to coffee at the moment! 

• Options

Good idea ladies.. my next month I’ll be doing the same. Unfortunately my husband goes away 3rd of March for a month so if it’s unsuccessful this month then April will be my next shot 😞. Joys of being an army wife!!!

Loz27.. fingers crossed then! Hopefully the vitimans do you both good for this month 🤞🏻.

Healthygenes1986... I’m not your average girl With an average cycle either 😂.. sucks to be a women sometimes! Do you feel you have done enough regards DTD? I think I ovulated CD11/12 and it’s around that time I DTD the most so I guess it’s just a waiting game now to see if I did actually do enough 😩. Yeh.. My app says CD15 and it’s completely wrong, this month anyway! I think each month can be different times when you ovulate so I’ve read.. they do say on average it’s CD14. We know our own bodies so from now on I just go by my mucus. 

Hopefulolderlass.. I’ve stopped coffee this month to see if it makes a difference too! I love my coffees but swooped them for tea just for this month and see what happens!

Are any of you having any new symptoms? Still nothing for me!!xx 

• Options

Hopefulolderlass good idea with the caffeine, I never thought of that. We have both cut down on alcohol, I didn’t drink at all the first cycle of ttc and obv didn’t fall pregnant so got straight back on the wine when AF came lol. But haven’t had a lot consciously since AF ended in case it interferes with anything. Also exercising more and taking the folic acid and vit D. 

What a coincidence that you teach genetics, I teach philosophy so not that helpful from health pov! My mum has a progressive and unexplained disease which Drs reckoned was genetic so she had her genome sequenced and we waited 5, nearly 6, years for that to come back and it revealed nothing! So even though we have wanted kids for a few years now we told ourselves to wait in case I was going to pass anything on in my genes. But there is no evidence of ‘pathogenic variant’ So now we are going for it, I’m not getting any younger.

• Options

Jade, yeah we have tried our best, ideally we would have done it more at the weekend and Monday whilst I was on the flashing smiley but couldn't due to DH being ill, then he was well enough to do it twice yesterday with a bit of pressure from me and the solid smiley! Going to do it once more tonight to increase chances then think it will be a waiting game after that. Fingers crossed!

It sucks that your DH is away in March, I'm away at the moment staying with my mum but insisted DH came with me so he has taken 4 days off work just so I can have his sperm lol!

• Options

🤣🤣 absolutely.. that’s all there good for come ovulation! I’m sorry about your Mum! It’s great news for you as far as having a baby is concerned though.. get baby dancing and try and enjoy the months, that’s what I try to do 😊. 

Sounds like you have easily done enough were necessary so that’s a great positive! Yeh.. no harm doing it more.. should only better your chances 👍🏻.

Thats amazing what your both teach 😱.. i wouldn’t have a clue. The closest I get to teaching anything is how easy it is for my husband to pick up after himself, And he still doesn’t so I think It’s safe to say teaching.. is not my forte 😂.

xx  

• Options

Reading your comments, if we are still trying next month, I might get the husband some vitamins. Im just having folic acid and vit D.

I'm trying to lose weight but I'm currently overweight and I read you should take more folic acid so I need to check that with my doctor.

• Options

Hi everyone!

Wow love all the love for this thread! Sorry I cant message much during the days! I'm a theatre nurse so constantly busy 😵😵

I've been taken folic acid for around 9 months now! Had a break when we had miscarriages but got back on again. I've been an bought the folic acid and Vit D from boots today! 

If we don't catch on I'm going to get my hubby to start taking vitamins too!!! 

How are you all feeling? 

Baby dust to you all 💖💖💖💖💖💖

• Options

Hi Suzie,

Yes i loved coming on here after work and having lots to catch up on!

How are you? are you a symptom spotter? Despite previously saying I'm not I obviously am as I'm convinced my boobs are sorer than normal 🤪 (ttc #1)

• Options

Aww wow suzielulu... nurse?! Amazing!!! I’d love that job.. I studied health and social care with intent but it fizzled after the kids! Amazing job I can imagine... very awarding! I’ve worked in the care setting for years but would love the role of ‘nurse’, well done you! 

Well this evening ive had tender feelings in my lower abdomen... warm feeling and then a tiny little niggle on right side, nothing really worth the mention. I’ve also been irritable.. a little stressed out over nothing (husbands words), I’m guessing it could be my mind playing tricks but that’s all I have 🙌🏻. 

How are you all feeling?? Anything different?

xx 

• Options

Sharon88.. good positive sign! 👍🏻

• Options

Jade, been really sore today actually, sharp pain on right side and generally tender in lower abdomen. I guess this could be ovulation as too late to be pregnancy surely? Got my static smiley yesterday and DTD yesterday then massive gap before that due to DH being ill. So I’m assuming it is ovulation causing the pain and not something else.

Also not had the BBT surge you’re supposed to get, hopefully that’s because I hardly ever sleep right through so broken sleep must mean it’s not accurate?

• Options

Sorry meant my pain must be too EARLY in cycle to be pregnancy synptoms. Doesn’t it take around a week for the egg to implant itself and therefore you're not really pregnant before then? Apologies-  Still learning! 

• Options

Healthygenes1986.. morning hun! If you ovulated yesterday then yeh I’m certain pains and light cramps would be a strong indication that you have ovulated! Strangely I felt all that during ovulation this month and I haven’t really felt anything around ovulation before.. I got a little bit of spotting and some mild cramping and the occasional shooting pain in my boobs! I’ve taken all that as a good sign so hopefully it is for us 👍🏻. To be honest I’m only 3-5 DPO so it’s still to early for me to feel anything too! Yes.. after conception it can take anything between a handful of days to around 10 days for the implantation process.. although, some women claim to feel conception so all we can really say is that all women are completely different and go with your own body. If you feel something out of the ordinary then maybe that’s due to something happening.

As soon as the sperm and egg join a chemical and hormone change happens and when it happens in our bodies it can cause symtoms... so apparently some women claim to have symtoms hours or days after conception even before implantation happens (so I’ve read).. but that definitely makes sense to me. If you feel different within your body.. it’s maybe because you are! 😊. 

Good useful tips to help with implantation are:

keep your feet warm

drink lots of water

eat plenty of greens

light exsersise. 

There are probably more ways to help the process but they say they are the top ways to help! So keep your socks on 😂.xx

• Options

Wow Jade you seem to really know your stuff. Honestly this is such a learning opportunity for me, I’m such a geek and want to know and understand everything! Bad news about warm feet, I hate wearing socks for bed.

Well we DTD one last time last night so think I’ll leave him alone for a while lol. Fingers and toes crossed! Due AF 2 weeks today so now I’m officially in the Tww, argh it seems so long to wait. 

• Options

Morning ladies!

Wow. So cool to wake up and reading all the updates.

You all seem to be experts in this field. Also a learning exercise for me.

No major signs for me yet (not surprising as only a few days post ovulation). But I have had a bad headache yesterday and today, which is a bit unusual for me. And it could be that I've just opened my work email image.

How are you a feeling?

• Options

Morning!! 

Its only what I’ve read and resurched ladies... it All really fascinates me to be honest, a women’s body is such a powerful thing.. we’re all amazing so don’t let anyone tell us any different 😉. 

I hate wearing socks too 🤣... and bra’s/underwear anything that restricts me to be honest (should of been a hippy✌️). I keep forgetting to put my socks on.. they say on an evening to sit with your feet in warm water and wear socks or slippers to keep your feet as warm as you can.. we loose most of our body heat through our feet and apparently to keep them warm aids in circulation and in Chinese beliefs our feet are connected to our uterus and obviously that needs to be warm to help with implantation! Hot water bottles on the belly can be good too! It all helps apparently! 

Headaches are one of very early signs.. let’s hope you get more symptoms soon 🤞🏻. I’m also only a couple of DPO and don’t really have anything worth mentioning yet! Any sign can be a positive one 🙌🏻. 

xx