Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Trying in May - anyone want to join me?

Replies

• Options
    HerestohopingHerestohoping Regular
    edited May 7, 2019 9:54AM
     @dmr1996 My miscarriage was my first pregnancy too.. And really the threw me off as I started worrying.. Will this just keep happening to me. But must be positive! The odds are in our favour.
    I had a positive opk Sunday, digital clear blue. Waiting for temperature to confirm ov happened and just making sure we cover all the days before and during! I chart bbt so hopefully this will help me confirm it happened. When I got pregnant last time there was Clear shift after ovulation.
    My hubby is now laid back too. But it's a lot different for them. There is a lot of physical tasks we have to do that mean there is no day we can just forget about ttc. Like for me, opks, charting etc. For them they are sheltered from it so that it doesn't kill the bloody mood!! Haha
    Trying to just be positive that if it's not my month.. It's fine.. At least hopefully I am ovulating. 
    X
  • Options
    Ladies never give up hope. My first two pregnancies ended with mcs and I now have two healthy little ones and trying for the Third. It still doesn’t help my nerves thinking it could happen again but I’m just focusing on a positive new pregnancy this time, it will be the final baby for us. It’s a little sad to think. Xx
  • Options
    MrsS that must have been so tough to go through and the waiting and having to go through it all again. We'll done for keeping positive and congratulations on your two bundles of joy. Lovely story!
    I'm sure your happy news is coming soon. 
    I dream about how id tell hubby the news.. Even if we will be double nervous the next time around! 
  • Options
    Guys definitely don’t understand the stress...I think the worst for them is the trying each month - but after that they don’t think too much about it.

I guess they don’t really become connected to a pregnancy until the scan and can see it there. 
    We’re all demented about every symptom every single month - and then to get a negative and deal with your period is frustrating. For them - they just hear we got our period and move on.

I really hope you guys get some good news this cycle!! 🤞🏻
  • Options
    @kkmac you are so right! We can't help feeling this way and getting a little obsessed as it becomes such a big part of our every day life. 
  • Options
    Hi ladies, hoping to join you guys on this thread! We have been TTC since January, so far no luck. I am currently CD22 and have slightly sore boobs and increased CM but other than that nothing really. 7 days til AF so very early days. Sending lots of luck to everyone! 
  • Options
    @kl10 hope it's a bfp for you dear. I know the wait is crazy tough but it will be time to test before you know it
  • Options
    @KL10 I’m around the same time as you...I’m trying not to think too much this month. 
    Purposefully have no pregnancy tests in the house this time - good luck to you! 
  • Options
    Well ladies I had my positive opk on Sunday, those advanced digital purple ones. But today when I woke up I had a lot of clear cm.. Ewcm. I stopped testing once I got my positive Sunday. You think its possible to get the positive and not ovulate until today? So, almost 3 days later? Do you think ov hasn't happened yet? If anyone can shed some light id appreciate x
  • Options
    Hi All. First time on a forum like this, just needed someone to talk to that knows how all this feels. I have a beautiful son who is 2, and last Aug at 9 weeks I had a miscarriage and then again at Xmas I had another one at 12 weeks. I am really struggling to get over them and we have been trying again ever since It feels like every month when my period happens my cloud gets darker, and I'm not the type of person to suffer with depression, I'm usually so happy and upbeat and positive, but this is getting me down so much. I have my fitbit app, the glow app and also flo too and they all differ with ovulation days! They stress me out more than anything! I dont want to feel like this anymore. Everytime someone gets pregnant i feel down and bitter-and again, I'm not like this! I know everyone feels the same and I am not alone, but I feel it!
  • Options
    @Herestohoping - I definitely think this happens. I got a positive OPK on the Monday and no cm or ovulation cramps until the Thursday. 
    Remember the positive OPK is showing you Ov is about to happen and I think your surge can last a couple days sometimes. 

Have you been been feeling any other Ov symptoms at all? 
  • Options
    @kkmac oh ok so we will just keep at it... Sorry tmi lol. I just thought it would be over as it said after surge ov is due 24+36 hours later. But you are right maybe just takes a bit longer for us or the surge was just starting. I'm glad it's not just me and at least my body giving me signs. I've only had the cm past few days and no other clear symptoms really. Cm is my only one. My bbt also hasn't spiked yet so il keep an eye on that.
    Thank you!
    @hayleyas sorry to hear about your experience. It must have been so tough. But things can change in just a month or two. Your time is coming! And a great sign that you can obviously conceive and have had your first baby. I really hope you get a bfp soon and a healthy pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @hayleyas - it’s really difficult and we all know how you feel. All I can try to advise is not to focus too much on apps and listen to your body more. 
    Make sure you’re talking to your partner too - they need to support you too.
     I started explaining to my partner that I know he won’t understand everything I’m going through - but to remember that it’s not just a negative test each month, that there’s a week long physical reminder too...he’s started to be more reactive to my feelings at those times and is a little more patient with me.

Chin up my love - being relaxed and happy will all help in TTC xx 

• Options
    @Herestohoping - have you researched SMEP...we’ve started this on my last cycle and this one...Sperm Meets Egg Plan, there’s more ‘trying’ than just a few days with this concept x
  • Options
    edited May 8, 2019 9:25AM
    Thanks guys, its nice to know other people feel the same. I'm at work at the mo and constantly fighting back the tears. I know this stress isnt good for me either and i am trying to cheer up! I have got lots to be happy about, I need to be more grateful for them!
    I have just researched the sperm meets egg plan. Thanks for that @KKMAC. I am on day 7 so think I'm going to try that. Need something positive to think about. You are right, I need to be happy and relaxed. xxx
  • Options
    and @herestohoping-thanks for your kind words too. Its nice to know others understand.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. Just read about smep thank you kkmac. We do aim for every other day and more around fertile window. It just sometimes gets a bit frustrating as my cycles are slightly irregular and long specially after my miscarriage. So I do get a bit of comfort from seeing that solid smiley face on an opk and knowing we are actually hitting the right window. Will do a bit more research about it and use it next cycle.

I too really feel it emotionally and like someone said.. It's not just one day with a negative test for us.. It's the build up and waiting and the wondering if you tested too early etc. It's a lot. No wonder us ladies have a hard time off it!!

Everyone keep us posted off your progress!! 
  • Options
    Good afternoon ladies. I hope your all ok... 
    Does anyone ever come on here to just read the comments so they don't feel like they are going insane. 
    I just want a little baby!!! 
    3 misscarriages in the past year, last one was twins in Feb/march this year. Lost them separately 😩Just fed up. 
    Feel like i just want talk babys and pregnancys without doing my partners head in. 
    Urgh. Sorry for my negative post. Xxx
  • Options
    @MissTysonMayer yes I definitely do that! Really sorry to hear of your losses, things must have been really tough for you. It's really nice to find an online community where people are sharing the experiences you've also been through. I don't know about you but I don't know that many people who have been through this, so although people sympathise they don't know how you feel completely. Don't worry about being negative. It's good to share. xxxx
  • Options
    @MissTysonMayer - sorry to hear about your mc’s...the positive spin to take from them is you can conceive and that’s wonderful news - it will happen, stay positive that it will.

I definitely use this place to make myself feel better - and know you’re not going mental!

I also love seeing people’s positive tests - helps me visualise my own! Xx
This discussion has been closed.