Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone on the TWW and After due on 8/07/18 - Part 5

Replies

• Options
    Hi all, ive read all the posts in this thread so feel like i know you all (sadcase i know lol)

Abit about me, im 37 and have 1 daughter but no children with my current partner of 7 years.  I had a MC 2 years ago, 2 months before my dad passed away.......

Nothing since.

Is it wrong of me to feel so hard done by? I actually feel angry when I hear of someone I know falling pregnant again whilst I pretend I dont want anymore kids....(if only they knew)

Im sat here on day 26 of my cycle, just had spotting and just feel so deflated.  I was convinced I had loads of symptoms :(

Im going to start charting to see if this helps at all but can anyone advise if I start taking temps on first day of spotting or full cycle? Thank you x
  • Options
    Welcome @SLF82 sorry to hear about your MC and dad. Life can be very cruel. I also pretend I don’t want kids for ages as it’s easier than explaining the truth. 

I’ve never temped so I’m not much help I'm afraid. I only stuck to opk’s as found these were enough for tracking ovulation x 
  • Options
    Welcome @SLF82 this forum is full of amazing ladies who are very supportive 😁 sorry to hear about your MC hunni it's such a painful experience to go through. Like Lacey I have never took my temperature and only used opk a few times so cant offer advice there but will tell you the 2 times I caught the egg on this journey where the months I done less not more if that makes sense. I hope that helps xxxx
  • Options
    @SLF82 welcome and so sorry to  read about your loss.
    Regarding temping. I don't usually spot. So I start on the first day but this was when I was temping orally.  When I moved to vaginal temping,  I  start on the day I finished my period until the  temping chart pinpoints ovulation day (used fertility friend app).
    Wishing you the best of luck on your ttc journey and we are here if you need to rant or rave.
  • Options
    Hi @SLF82, welcome to our little support group, hope it will help you as much as it helps me! This is a very long and slow ride, but we are here if you need to chat as a 24/7 hotline.
    I have temped and started from the 1st day of my cycle, but after 2-3months you will just know what to expect and I cut back only temped before and during my fertile window to see I ovulated, then before AF was due, but that can give you false hope unfortunately. Important to always do it the same time then you will get a good picture of your cycle. 
    @Giegie , did you test this morning to see if the line got stronger? 
    We talked through the surgery with OH last night again to make a final decision and decided to go for it. He said we should focus on what's right in front of us and not worry about what is going to happen once we get to the next, and second and third step. Just get the surgery out of the way then we can try again. So it will be the 11th of November eeeeek!!! Getting excited and terrified at the same time, strange mix. 
    @Genabella , hope the results come back all good and you might be able to "get away with" only IUI that is less invasive and a lot quicker, basically "assisted BD" :) Will you have that on NHS?

• Options
    Hi SLF. Sorry to hear about your dads passing and mc, life can be so cruel!

i completely understand what you mean about feeling so hard done by, I hate even hearing about pregnancy now cos it makes me so angry. My partners brother got himself a girlfriend and within 3 months she fell pregnant and they are having a girl. I am happy for them but I can’t help but feel envious. I had mc in December last year and was the hardest thing I’ve ever gone through. 

The ladies on here are amazing and so supportive and I couldn’t of gone through this ttc journey without them! 

I’ve never charted temps or used ovulation test kits. When I had my bfp last year I only dtd 2 times that cycle. 

Hope everyone else is well and having a good week xxx

giegie have you tested yet?xxx
  • Options
    Welcome to the mad house that is this group @SLF82 we are all here to listen to u rant and rave and laugh and cry etc!
    @Giegie did u test? 
    Aggs I’m glad ur feeling better and have made ur decision for ur surgery. 
  • Options
    @Ags99 yes I hope to but we will see what the waiting list is like for it, if it’s what we need to get. I don’t know how to find out about waiting Lists tho? 
  • Options
    @Genabella, I know all about waiting lists believe me, you do not want to waste your time finding out about different time frames etc. as it all depends on that particular institution you belong to. It means nothing if you see one place has 3 months, another has got 6 as you will have to ask about yours. They should have a "waiting list office" phone number, I have used mine where they told me about my predicted waiting times. 

• Options
    @Genabella I found out which clinic they treated nhs patients in my area, I rang them up and asked them what the current wait time was. They were really helpful and suggested that I waited on the nhs as my area is very quiet. I tried to book a private consultation to speed things up but they said it wasn’t how it worked and I had to go through the nhs system. Every area and every clinic is different so just do your research x 
  • Options
    GiegieGiegie Regular
    edited Oct 22, 2019 11:33AM
    Hi Ladies, 
    Yes I did. And I'm glad to say that the line is darker than it was two ago. I'm being cautiously optimistic at the moment. 
  • Options
    @Giegie YEYYY, super cautiously optimistic, I am for you as well!!!! Quietly screaming congratulations!

• Options
    That's g8 news hunni I've got all fingers and toes crossed for you 🤞🤞 xxx

I have a scan tomorrow morning I'm both excited and scared as will be at same point in pregnancy as when I found out about mmc but I do feel different this time with lot of symptoms so that's why I'm hopeful xxxxx
  • Options
    Thanks Ags and Trying.

@Trying4number2now keeping my fx and toes crossed for you. What time is your appointment?
  • Options
    Thank you all, today is cd2 so i started my chart hopefully will give me a good idea of what to look out for.

@Giegie fx for you, all the best 
  • Options
    Giegie my apt is 09:10 xxx
  • Options
    @SLF82 thank you. 

@Trying4number2now. Ok.
    Got a job interview in the morning so won't be able to see your update until late afternoon. 
  • Options
    Ok good luck with job interview hunni 🤞😁 xxx
  • Options
    Can’t wait to hear about ur scan will be thinking of u. 
    Good luck with the interview @SLF82
    im cd 10 today and I’ve just been to the loo and have a lot of clear egg white mucus. 
    Hubby and I bd’ on Sunday morn and he’s not home until tomorrow eve. I hope I haven’t missed this month, I thought wed through sat was my fertile time.  Here’s hoping. Wonder though am I gonna have a shorter cycle again this month .
  • Options
    Good luck Genebella hunni hope you catch the egg 🤞 xxxx
This discussion has been closed.