Forum homeā€ŗ Getting pregnantā€ŗ Trying to conceive
šŸšØ Advance warning šŸšØ This forum will be closing on 1st May ā€“ please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hoping for a BFP in August šŸ‘¶šŸ¼- Part 3

Replies

• Options
    SR19SR19 Regular
    edited Aug 22, 2019 9:25PM
    Glad everyone is still around šŸ˜Š stay positive everyone!

@SwithR a low count is better than no sperm. Think positively. You could still have a perfectly healthy happy pregnancy but with a bit of help. Again I am no expert in this but speak to your doc about it. They will be able to give options.Ā 
    Can I ask... did your doctor do tests happily with it only been 4 months of trying?Ā 
  • Options
    Still here also! Canā€™t believe we are on to part 3!
    @Sunshine8888 Iā€™m still having on off cramps as well who knows whatā€™s happening šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø
  • Options
    @SwithR I know itā€™s sucks but at least you know now what the issue is and can hopefully do something about it. Ā Here in England we canā€™t even go to the doctors for tests unless weā€™ve been ttc for a whole year (or 6 months if over 35)! Try and think positive šŸ’œ
    Ye I really hate this because I want to go to the doctor about it but have a feeling they wonā€™t even entertain the idea until Iā€™ve been trying longer. Have you had any experience with this or just read that online?Ā 
  • Options
    @Tryingfor#1 Iā€™m here!! CD16 today and OPK was negative. Hopeful it will be positive tomorrow, but we will see. I took my OPK around 12:30 today and itā€™s now 4:00, so Iā€™m contemplating if I should take another tonight or just wait until tomorrow since my temp was down today instead of upĀ 
    No harm in taking another, it will only add to your evidence šŸ˜Š thatā€™s how I look at it. Ha!Ā 
  • Options
    Checking in! AF due today, but no show yet! Iā€™m having some cramping and definitely feel like sheā€™s on the way, but hoping she isnā€™t. Iā€™m going to test in a few days if she doesnā€™t show. My last cycle was barely 28 days but Iā€™m still not positive how long theyā€™ll be. I was never very long between 26-30 days, so Iā€™ll wait a few more and test. Youā€™d think after two kids Iā€™d know what pregnant feels like haha
  • Options
    @tryingfor#1 youā€™re right! No harm in taking another test let lol Iā€™m waiting the 5 minutes to read the results right now
  • Options
    @Rachel.a21 how did it go?Ā 
    I take one almost daily to monitor and compare for next month. Iā€™m at an all time low at the minute, line is hardly visible!
  • Options

@Tryingfor#1 Still negative. Iā€™ve been taking 2 a day this week since Iā€™m nearing ovulation. I hope I get a positive within the next couple of days. My app is predicting me to ovulate on SundayĀ 
  • Options
    SR19SR19 Regular
    edited Aug 22, 2019 10:32PM
    @Rachel.a21 yep just keep going. Itā€™s frustrating but there is no reason you wonā€™t get the peak. Fingers crossed for you this weekend! Plenty of time yet, although I know we want everything yesterday! šŸ¤£
  • Options
    @Tryingfor#1 So true šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ what time do you take your OPK?
  • Options
    Glad everyone is still around šŸ˜Š stay positive everyone!

@SwithR a low count is better than no sperm. Think positively. You could still have a perfectly healthy happy pregnancy but with a bit of help. Again I am no expert in this but speak to your doc about it. They will be able to give options.Ā 
    Can I ask... did your doctor do tests happily with it only been 4 months of trying?Ā 
    So the doc wanted us to wait a year, atleast 6 months before prescribing any tests. I expressed my anxiety to conceive and that I was really concerned that if had no happened in 3 or months of active trying. Only then did they agree and prescribe the testsĀ 
  • Options
    @Rachel.a21 I just take them when I get back from work about 5.30pm. Ā But when it comes to ovulation week next month Iā€™m going to do 2 per day. Probably lunch time and eveningĀ 

@SwithR are you in the UK? Iā€™ve been trying 5 months and have various concerns but I didnā€™t think they would listen to me.
  • Options
    @dd1001 yep still getting the stabbing pains - it varies from side to side. Also quite a dull ache now across the abdomen. Ā Really hoping today goes quickly - canā€™t wait for bank holiday weekend! I am going away to see family so hoping Iā€™ll be too distracted to think about it for at least 3 days. Then Iā€™ll have got to 9DPO at least and probably start going crazy again back at work. Ā Planning on a few drinks this weekend - I am firmly in the drink until itā€™s pink camp!Ā 
  • Options
    Hi everyone, have been reading posts last few days, but not been active in thread, so massive congratulations to all those who got their bfp!! And hope you had a goodbye birthday @Rachel.a21 šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰šŸ’•šŸ’•Also, massive hugs to those who got their af ā™„ļø
    I am currently in tww at 3dpo. Need to share my frustration tho.......obviously at 3dpo you are waiting to record that 3rd temp rise to confirm ovulation, my frigging thermometer battery ran out halfway through temping!!!!!šŸ˜”šŸ˜©šŸ˜­ so I changed the battery for the one in my old thermometer (which works but not 2 decimal places) tried again but worried the recording is skewed as I was SO angry and been up and about too getting the other thermometeršŸ˜ sorry for the rant!!!! Love to all xxxx
  • Options
    @Rachel.a21 that was obviously meant to say GOOD birthday -NOT goodbye birthday šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ˜‚
  • Options
    @Elizabeth982 that sounds so frustrating!! Ā Been thinking about BBT a lot and think I may start doing it next cycle...just to make sure I am ovulating in these long cycles Iā€™m having šŸ˜¬ Iā€™ve been worried about the fact that Iā€™m terrible at sleeping and wake up in the night but maybe thatā€™s just a good time to do it (assuming itā€™s around the same time) otherwise I could Ā do it around 6am before I get up. Ā What thermometer would those that do measure bbt recommend? Iā€™m all about convenience!Ā 
  • Options
    Hello ladies good morning. Hope peeps from UK are ready for their long weekends. I am really excited for lake district.

AF due today. Not symptoms spotting and my holiday plan has really helped in staying away from any test. Just having backache alot today so may be she is on the way. I hope if she is coming she should come soon so that i can get a tubal check appointment without any further delay. But if she stay away from me then i will definitely test on 27th.

@SwithR I thought you are in India. Because if you are in India it would be very easy to get any treatment privately. Privates makes things work quickly. Ask your gynae about the next step plus that you don't want to wait for long. Else you can always change your doc and move to some one else. i wish you all the luck on this journey.
  • Options
    @Elizabeth982 that sounds so frustrating!! Ā Been thinking about BBT a lot and think I may start doing it next cycle...just to make sure I am ovulating in these long cycles Iā€™m having šŸ˜¬ Iā€™ve been worried about the fact that Iā€™m terrible at sleeping and wake up in the night but maybe thatā€™s just a good time to do it (assuming itā€™s around the same time) otherwise I could Ā do it around 6am before I get up. Ā What thermometer would those that do measure bbt recommend? Iā€™m all about convenience!Ā 
    Iā€™ve only been temping since day 2 of this current cycle, I ordered my bbt thermometer from eBay, just under Ā£4 inc delivery -although in light of recent events I would recommend buying several in case the battery runs out! Mine only lasted 19 days!! Plus changing the battery wasnā€™t ideal either, very tricky. I also have erratic and disturbed sleep patterns as my 3 year old still wakes in the night some nights and very early some mornings. As long as you've had at least 3 hours of sleep and donā€™t move/walk around too much before temping, should be accurate enough. Also.....up until this cycle, my cycles have been 35 days average. But I had a peak opk on cd17 this time (previously app predicted ov on cd 22/23!) which is weird??!! Xx
  • Options
    @Rachel.a21 I just take them when I get back from work about 5.30pm. Ā But when it comes to ovulation week next month Iā€™m going to do 2 per day. Probably lunch time and eveningĀ 

@SwithR are you in the UK? Iā€™ve been trying 5 months and have various concerns but I didnā€™t think they would listen to me.
    No sweetie I am in India. ... private healthcare is very easy to access here.... no issues in consulting doctors hereĀ 
  • Options
    KiaraJ said:
    Hello ladies good morning. Hope peeps from UK are ready for their long weekends. I am really excited for lake district.

AF due today. Not symptoms spotting and my holiday plan has really helped in staying away from any test. Just having backache alot today so may be she is on the way. I hope if she is coming she should come soon so that i can get a tubal check appointment without any further delay. But if she stay away from me then i will definitely test on 27th.

@SwithR I thought you are in India. Because if you are in India it would be very easy to get any treatment privately. Privates makes things work quickly. Ask your gynae about the next step plus that you don't want to wait for long. Else you can always change your doc and move to some one else. i wish you all the luck on this journey.
    Yes I am in India .... so the test just came yesterday so we've gotten an appointment with the doc for Monday.... she knows my anxiety to conceive soon so let's see what she suggests.... thanksĀ