Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hoping for a BFP in September - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    @VRob123 I had a really good friend say Last week ..thank goodness you’re drinking I thought you’d be pregnant now and then kept asking me about having a second one , in the end I said .. I had a miscarriage about a month ago as she was driving me mad asking about my plans . She works in the medical profession as well, think she’d have a bit more realisation about struggles people have . I can’t understand why people ask these questions. It’s like anything related to pregnancy is public property to be enquired about Grr ! X
  • Options
    VRob123VRob123 Regular
    edited Sep 22, 2019 1:47PM
    @Cloudrainbow I just don’t get it. MIL suffered 5 mc so should really know better. But equally I’m not going to openly tell her what’s going on between my legs. my boob scan the other week she kept insisting she wanted to go with me. I’m not whipping a boob out infront of her. I had a text as soon as I got home asking how it went. I wish people could mind their own. Especially when in your case, they should know better being in that profession 
  • Options
    @VRob123 @Cloudrainbow this will be my first child so I’m keeping it from everyone and hoping to surprise them.  But every keeps saying... you’ll have no trouble, I bet you’ll come off the pill and fall pregnant first month like I did! 
    Little do they know 5 months of trying and still hasn’t worked.  My MIL is lovely but if she knew she was going to be a Nan for the first time I’d have waaaay too much pressure on me!  And all my friends and family will start with the ‘this is what I did, this is what you need to do’. 
    I know they all mean well but.... you just don’t want to feel like a failure and for some reason... not conceiving makes us feel like that!  
  • Options
    @Tryingfor#1 it’ll happen for us all, in our own time. But as you said, the pressure doesn’t help and I almost feel it’s bad luck if people know you’re trying. I don’t know why, just makes me feel like it won’t happen if others are waiting for it. Like the saying “a watched kettle never boils”. We are not failures, we’re perfectionists 
  • Options
    @VRob123 you are right!! 😊. And we will all get there soon. 🤞 

• Options
    It’s ok ladies, my son is going to be 8 when my baby is due and I’ve had more than 1 person tell me that I’m “mean” for not giving my son a sibling. And I’ve been asked multiple, multiple times if we were having another within those few years. We just decided this year we wanted another, so before our son was going to be an only child. 
  • Options
    Hi ladies, today i feel a bit down, I'm exhausted from blood loss and I'm running doing things as always, had to go to work to return stuff etc. Coz of this incident I fallen few days behind with studies so I hope I will be able to do some today finally. My dh is on holiday but totally not understanding at all today. I have no idea if I'm being too hard to deal with in my current shattered state or he is suffering in his own way. But I feel 0 support. Ehh, sorry for complaining.
  • Options
    @MadDoda I’m sure he needs to deal with it in his own way, I don’t think men quite understand the process and losses quite as we do. He may feel helpless. Still you need to be supported and cared for. We’re always here and although you’ve got your studies to do, your physical and mental health are so much more important. Why not get on the sofa with him tonight, talk about your worries, ask about his. Maybe he feels it’s his fault? 
  • Options
    @MadDoda sorry about your day. After a chat with dh you might feel a while lot better or maybe some you time alone if you can.
    And maybe @VRob123 is right we all deal with things in our own unique ways sometimes we just need a day to pass and be done with and have a fresh one the next day! I hope that is the case for yous. 
    For me feeling blue too, Think I've gone from a long 45 cycle to a much shorter one this time as I'm having some spotting today looking like af is coming for me. It's only cd22. The silver lining is that if it is af then at least I prefer shorter one to longer wait if its a bfn! Suppose at least I can get on to next one :/
  • Options
    @MadDoda am sorry you’re having a hard time today but please remember to be kind to yourself and try and give yourself a break (I know that’s easier said than done) xx
  • Options

Wait did I mess something up? It went up a lot n I'm not due to ovulate for another week
  • Options
    SR19SR19 Regular
    edited Sep 22, 2019 4:20PM
    @Herestohoping That’s a very short cycle! I was going to ask when you ovulated Incase it was bleeding due to ovulation but have just seen you graph further up. 
  • Options
    @MadDoda during my mc I had two huge arguments with my dh as it was like he was on another planet at times , had to sit down and give the riot act about how inconsiderate he was being . He was really good after. It’s a different experience physically and mentally for women x we are all here for you too so vent away ❤️
  • Options
    @Catlady220 It is normal for it to fluctuate. Mine would go up and down a lot during the days
  • Options
    @Rachel.a21 thanks for commenting on my chart....this is my first month bbt n I'm only on CD 9 out of 33(roughly)  so i didn't Know if I did something wrong lol.... especially since OPKs are low lol......honestly I don't understand this whole chart business
  • Options
    Bbt going up and down. No idea what is happening. 
  • Options
    @Catlady220 I didn’t understand it much either lol @MadDoda helped me out so much with my chart. I know she says you look for 3 consecutive rises and drops normally, I know I’m probably saying that wrong but I am sure she can clear up my mistakes lol 
  • Options
    Catlady220Catlady220 Regular
    edited Sep 22, 2019 4:58PM
    Ok so this would this be my first rise?
  • Options
    It could be @Catlady220! I know you are looking for a pattern once you get a lot of temps logged in
  • Options
    Ohhhhhh....I guess we wait now  :D
This discussion has been closed.