Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My temp chart

Replies

• Options
    This is my chart this morning - doesn’t look right at all.i don’t think temping is working for me.   I’ve been reading lots everywhere that women with pcos their bbt charts will look like something off the Rocky Mountain, that’s deffo what mine looks like. I also done a cheapie opk yesterday which was a clear negative, as they only look for LH where the CB is a dual hormone one. And after ovulation the oestrogen hangs around for ages, so I think that’s why my CB is flashing cos it’s detected the oestrogen. I’m going for a CD21 blood test today so that will confirm weather I ovulated last week. ng - 
  • Options
    edited Oct 14, 2019 6:11AM
  • Options
    Just had my blood test!   Will find out results tomorrow. 
  • Options
    I got my bloods back. I did ovulate last week when I thought I did. My day 21 results come back at 67.50 @MadDoda
  • Options
    Then it chart is messed up. I guess, congrats!
  • Options
    The chart is very messed up. It could be my thermometer but it was brand new so god knows.   It was 61.7 not 67 I called the drs back to make sure n I got it wrong lol.   Apperently 61.7 is really high!  I’m so pleased. How you doing?
  • Options
    Im good, my son has fever yday so no nursery for couple days. So my studies are on hold. 12dpo. I'm glad u got such a good result. Maybe u measure wrong, u need to hold thermometer deep under tongue with mouth closed. And make sure u fallen measurement rules. No other ideas
  • Options
    Oh dear that’s no good.  
    I’m either deffo doing it wrong or the thermometer is crap lol. I do hold it under my tongue not all the way at the back though.  You should see my chart now it’s a disgrace 🤣 anything over 29 is ovulation to 61.7 is very high.

• Options
    Hi @MadDoda, how r u?  Have u tested yet?   I’m due on af Monday. I done a pg test cheapie one just now but was neg.   I’m still doing the cb opk .. don’t ask why I’m mad lol, but it’s still flashing high fertility after being negative after ovulation then 3 days after has been flashing ever since. It’s detecting oestrogen in me, Iv looked at hormone charts and stuff to show me what a woman’s hormones do thru a 28 day cycle .. my oestrogen should have dropped by now where the opk can’t detect it,   So this is confusing me... apperently oestrogen stays elevated if pg ...... 
  • Options
    I'm OK, I got af. Oestrogen in pink, u always have it at reasonable high level, progesterone decreases.  Also u may still have lh. Bad indication of pregnancy, I would dismiss it. How many dpo are u?

• Options
    Ah did u. Do u feel relieved as U said u was scared to see a BFP.   I’m either 11 or 12dpo. As not sure if I ovulated on the Saturday or Sunday.  Progesterone is still lurking as my boobs are a little tender. They always are before af if I’ve ovulated though so not taking any notice of that.  I’m not thinking I’m pregnant coz of the flashing face I’m just finding it weird as have read quite abit that oestrogen drops a few days before af is due if ur not pg and an opk wouldn’t be able to detect it .... 
  • Options
    Well I do want to get pregnant so even tho I'm scared of bfp I still want it. But I can wait it's OK. Oestrogen does drop before af but I don't know how it is in relation to opk. I wouldn't rely in google crap too much. You are still early why would u test, wait until af. I keep my fx for u.
  • Options
    Yeah I get what you mean.  In relation to opk the oestrogen has to be at a certain level for the CB to be able to detect it, and at the stage of my cycle now I’m on CD26, of a 28 cycle, my oestrogen levels shouldn’t be detectable at all on a opk, but they are as it’s still flashing - that’s why I’m confused as apperently oestrogen only stays high when pregnant.  I tested because my ovia app said its time to test 🤣🤣 would you only do pg test if you were late on af then?
  • Options
    U should uninstall that ovia lol.  Testing earlier than 14dpo even if u get positive means a faint line and stress. Hormone are very individual and u also got pcos so u don't know what's normal for u and what is not and if it has any meaning,  especially because u just started meds, aren't they containing oestrogen BTW? It's better to dismiss everything for sanity. I used to do them a bit before af was due, but I got to many mcs. So this cycle I was waiting for 18dpo and I will not last earlier than af due 14-15dpo.
  • Options
    Haha do u think it’s rubbish? Yeah well I always did think that u only test 2 weeks after ovulation, but this ovia app has convinced me of all sorts 🤣.. yes I do have pcos, but the Clomid does not contain estrogen. It actually tells the brain that your body is producing less estrogen. And my hormones are obviously all levelled atm bcos I have ovulated. Before Clomid hormones were all over the place, high estrogen and low progesterone which is why I wasn’t ovulating.  But cd21 bloods were 61.7 so all looking good now.  I don’t know how long my LT phase is, so I’m thinking it could be anything from 10-16 days is that right? So even if I’m not on my af Monday when due, it could come on Wednesday latest because that would mean LT phase of 16 days? So if I’m not on period by Wednesday, do pg test? Am I right? X
  • Options
    I do think af will come though, as my boobs only feel a little tender an that comes & goes, I keep cramping lower abdomen .. sometimes stabbing pains and then other times feels like period pains. 
  • Options
    Yes if it suggested to test I think it's rubbish.

As far as I know if smth tells brain that u don't produce much oestrogen it will start producing more oestrogen. Anyway I don't have enough knowledge to say anything about pcos and ur meds so I'm not gonna dig into it. My only point is, that u basically don't know what to expect from ur body ATM. So I wouldn't rely on any symptoms at all.
    Yeah lp is about that 11-17 days.  Ur af can be any time, but if everything is OK then yes u are more or less right. I usually to with 14 days lp if I don't kNow it's healthy average mostly right. So yeah test around that time, especially that u got bfn Now, there is still hope, but it means time. Latest blastocyst can establish connection is at 12dpo and it needs couple of days to produce hcg, that's why 14days is earliest reasonable time.
  • Options
    As I said ATM u can't guess by symptoms coz u are first cycle on meds,  u don't know what's normal for u and what is not. So I wouldn't think about pregnancy nor period coming. Just focus on with else, get busy!!
  • Options
    No hun Clomid blocks estrogen because I produce to much of it. So it makes my brain think I’m not producing enough of it and then that does something to the LH hormones etc etc. 

I do agree that it is my first cycle thou so yes ur right, just need to focus on other things which I have been like work seeing family etc, just bought a new car to which is being delivered Tuesday so that’s something to look forward too.   Just have to wait & see!  Well I know my LT phase is longer than 11 or 12 as I’m on one of those DPO. So that’s a good sign for me isn’t it. Cos Iv never known how long it is x
  • Options
    Definitely good sign! It will be all OK, fx one round of clomid will do the job for u hehe.