Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My temp chart

Replies

• Options
    Not weird at all u just started clomid ur cycle will feel different, but it's all thanks to progesterone. Totally normal, try not to worry! I'm sure it's all ok
  • Options
    I suppose it’s a good thing then if it’s progesterone! When I had my July cd21 bloods before Clomid my progesterone was 1.9 so so low and I never had any of this. The cycles I ovulate naturally my boobs hurt about week after my period.   

If i didn’t ovulate this cycle I wouldn’t have cramps etc would I because the progesterone would be so low? Am I right in saying this 
  • Options
    Progesterone has nothing to do with causing ovulation. Ovulation is triggered by lh spike which is caused by eostogen building up after period, due to follicles maturing. When egg is released from follicle, follicle turns into corpus luteum and start to produce progesterone, progesterone causes temp to rise and gives u ovulation and pms symptoms. It is responsible for keeping pregnancy. So if ur egg is fertilised and implants it starts producing hcg which is a signal to corpus luteum to keep producing progesterone. If u don't have progesterone even if fertilisation and implantation occurs, embryo will shed together with endometrium during period.
  • Options
    How do you know all of this 🤣 .. very helpful!   What I mean is, because I was meant to ovulate yesterday .. the egg that was released causes progesterone, so if no egg was released then I wouldn’t be getting these tenderness pains and lower backaches?  I’ve never ever had this before. I am partial to a backache before coming on my period but that’s again only when I have ovulated naturally. The cycles I don’t ovulate and my progesterone Is low I literally have no sore boobs, No back ache no mood swings. I just come on my period and that’s it. 
  • Options
    If u did not ovulate u will not have temp shift, but there are more hormones in the background which could potentially cause ovary tenderness etc so it's not definitive. It's a good sign that it is idd progesterone since u didn't have it before with low progesterone.
    I studied reproductive biology last year at university. I didn't pick it as my major tho, still I got some knowledge.im glad if I can help
  • Options
    A temp shift? Do you mean where yesterday my temp dipped and then has gone back up this morning? Sorry for the questions and sounding dumb but this is all soooo new to me 🤣 I never ever thought I’d be in this position.  

I have pcos so have a hormone imbalance, some months I ovulate on my own some months I don’t which is why my gyno put me on Clomid in August but I didn’t come on my period until September.  Yes I deffo haven’t got any aches and pains and moodyness the past few months due to low progesterone which was picked up on my day 21 bloods.  

Ahh ok, I’ll come to you when I need something answered then haha. 
  • Options
    Temp shift means change from low pattern to high pattern. There isn't always a dip before ovulation. I'm happy to answer, u can always pm me
  • Options
    Ah okay!  Hopefully my temp will stay up high now!  If I haven’t conceived this month when will it dip again?
  • Options
    It depends on person the earliest 2 days before af latest during period.
  • Options
    Jeez this tww is dreadful and I’m only 1DPO.  Ttc takes over your whole thought process doesn’t it. 
  • Options
    Yeah I do my best to keep myself busy, I got a lot of studying to do thankfully and few essays too. Now I'm off to kickboxing. U should find Smth to keep u busy too. 
  • Options
    I’m at work all week so that will keep me busy, but still doesn’t take my mind off it.  I just went to the toilet & had loads of like cloudy white discharge, I  was dry earlier.  That’s normal isn’t it?
  • Options
    Any CM is normal it will keep changing coz of hormones
  • Options
    I’ve just got home from work and taken my temp .. and it’s dropped to 93.41 herenheit... why is that 🙈😩
  • Options
    It was 96.69 herenheit this morning?? 
  • Options
    U can't measure temp randomly during the day!!!! Bbt has to be taken at the same time everyday morning after at least 3-4h uninterrupted sleep as a first thing after opening ur eyes. U can get up u can't do nothing, u need thermometer next to u. That's the most important rules of bbt. Otherwise it has no meaning.
  • Options
    From Thursday I Set my alarm for 6am every morning and my thermometer is on my bedside table so I just reach over and put it in my mouth every morning and that’s the readings Iv got and put in my chart but I just got home and done it again! And my heart dropped coz my temp had dropped I thought omg whys it dropping already 😩😩😩🙈🙈🙈
  • Options
    Delete the data. It has no meaning. Don't stress and no it properly in the morning xd.
  • Options
    I didn’t put the data into my app I just checked my temp and saw the results panicked and msgd you haha. 

Why do you have to do it at the same time everyday ? 
  • Options
    Coz body temp fluctuates, if u try and take temp at different time it can be very different. I sleep badly so alarm doesn't work for me or I may have not enough uninterrupted sleep. So I always measure when I wake up without checking time. If it's too early I measure again when I wake up second time. If I had enough sleep at second time I see which time is closer to my usual and use that. It gives some variation, but u can still see ovulation clearly. But if u measure properly every day u can see a clear day to day pattern, u get peak and dips on the same day each cycle. It's amazing.