Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

This month’s journey on ttc

Replies

• Options
    Nothing :( 
  • Options
    I dont even know if ill ovulate this month! My OPKs are just getting lower, just done another and premom is saying its below 0😭
  • Options

I’m not gonna lie I cried at 3:00 this morning because the test was a bfn. I really thought that this would be my month. A little info that I forgot to add when I started this thread. As all of you know I had a positive opk on CD 14 along with ovulation pain. What I forgot to add about the ovulation pain was that I was having it on both sides. So more than likely I was releasing an egg on both sides which should have increased my chances but I guess I am not that lucky. It took me 2 years to get pregnant with my daughter, second pregnancy we weren’t ttc but not preventing for 5 months and end in mc at 7.5 weeks. Started ttc right away and took 5 months for get pregnant with my son. (My daughter was from a previous relationship. My son is with my now husband.) I think what makes it so hard is being around people that come off bc and get pregnant their first cycle like my bff. Was like that with all three of her kids. She is currently pregnant with the third one. 

• Options
    @Bethanyjean hopefully you will have a sudden peak. Mine just went up really quick. 
    @Mom2alexis hope your okay, I know what you mean, it seems like everyone you speak to got pregnant ‘by accident’ or first cycle it really rubs it in your face when your struggling :( hopefully it will be our month next xx
  • Options
    Noone tells you how lonely TTC is, im sorry you cried this morning i wish there was something i could do to help. I have never been pregnant so we are trying for our first but i feel like i will ruin our chances because i want it so bad. I usually always get ovulation pain on both sides and i usually get it for around 2 days
  • Options
    Having you ladies helps a lot because you know how I feel. That’s why I am on here is so that I have women to talk to and so others can talk to me because we are all ttc and it’s not easy for us. 
  • Options
    Exactly! My best friend knows i am TTC and shes recently given birth after falling pregnant unexpectedly and she doesnt understand how hard it is. Do either of you ladies do the old myth of putting your legs in the air for 15 mins after bd?🤣
  • Options
    @Bethanyjean I do if my oh is in bed n hasn't gone to the loo then I clench my bum and curl my belly in so he doesn't notice and never go for a post sex wee for at least an hour 🙈 lol.

@Mom2alexis I get you and just know we are all here with you xx
  • Options
    @Smilla86 i always wee after sex, otherwise your more prone to infections🙈 hope it doesnt have a huge impact on falling pregnant!
  • Options
    @Bethanyjean I don't know, I just imagine washing/ wiping swimmer away lol. To be fair I'm not pregnant so it obviously isn't doing anything lol xx
  • Options
    They say sperm swim fast so going to the bathroom afterwards isn’t too bad. I usually just lay there for a few minutes then go to the bathroom. 
  • Options
    I might try the legs in the air next month haha 😂 
  • Options
    Im sure between us we can find the most effective way hahaha
  • Options
    I’m obsessed with weeing on a stick. Just tried another one, still no line.. I’m 10 dpo, do you think I still have a chance of a line showing? Anyone heard of this? 
    Anyone else just stare at the stick hoping it will suddenly show a line 🙈
  • Options
    @Emsy20 there's always a chance of a BFP until AF arrives. Some people don't get positives until 12-14 DPO. I would just test every two days.
  • Options
    @Emsy20 I do too, I know it's way to early to take a test so I'm still doing opks just in case I get another surge in so bad it's untrue lol xx
  • Options
    *I'm so bad* sorry typo lol xxx
    @Emsy20 I do too, I know it's way to early to take a test so I'm still doing opks just in case I get another surge in so bad it's untrue lol xx

• Options
    @Smilla86 how would you know if your pregnant from doing OPKs?xx
  • Options
    @Bethanyjean the OPK's dont discriminate between LH and HCG because of their very similar structure so an increase in HCG will show up on the OPK. (doesnt work the other way around though as HPT tests for the part that is different between the two)
  • Options
    @Poca92 now you’ve said this we will be doing these as well 😂 
    i don’t know if I’m seeing things, I’ve just compared my last 3 tests and I’m sure I can see a very faint line on the last one, I’ve tried taking a picture but it doesn’t show on the camera. Husband thinks he may be able to see it too 🤔 but I think it may be because we’ve been staring at it so long 😂