Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

TTC August 2020 hoping September brings a BFP✨

Replies

• Options
    @Kazam2817 sorry to hear love. Look after yourself! 

Does anyone get spotting before ovulation? I’m on CD 11 and have had stretchy but not egg white CM. Today it’s been blood tinged which I’ve never had before? I’ve also had twingy left sided pelvic pain for the past 2 days. My OPKs have been low though this morning and tonight. So not sure what’s going on. My cycles are super erratic as well so it’s been super hard trying to pinpoint ovulation day. My DH is not feeling well today so I’m not sure I’ll be able to convince him to BD tonight. Thoughts? 
  • Options
    Well I’m defo out now. AF arrived whist on a brekki date with partner. Gutted. Hope to c many more BFPs this month xx
  • Options
    @Bethanyjean have you been to docs to see if there is anything medically stopping u from getting pregnant. X
  • Options
    @GwentonEmmy nope not yet as im only on month 3 so they wont see me yet unfortunately xx
  • Options
    @Bethanyjean I’m sorry to hear that. How long do you have to wait. I’ve been trying 7months and feel like I’m a failure each time AF arrives. My partner tells me it’s not my fault and not to worry but I’m now 38 and I do worry loads as it’s something we both would love. Xx
  • Options
    @GwentonEmmy im sorry you feel that way each time, i would like to say yoy shouldnt feel that way but i know how hard it is to get those thoughts out of your head and i dont want to patronise you. I keep thinking it will happen when the time is right, but then i think well whats wrong with the timing now?xx
  • Options
    @Bethanyjean I know what you mean. I keep thinking it’s me cos he fathered a child who has just turned 1. They broke up before he was born. He is 49 I’m 38 we both have two children with other partners but one together is what we would love. My two are excited about it. We met 17 years ago but neither of us told the other how we felt so went separate ways. Now been together since jan and don’t want to waste any more time. Yet each month just feels awful when AF arrives. He is so positive but me I feel crappy each time. X
  • Options
    On a slight positive that’s another 30 day cycle. So think I have a pattern three months in a row. 
  • Options
    Mrs_T.Mrs_T. Regular
    edited Sep 17, 2020 10:21AM
    @KristyH I've had exactly the same thing this cycle! I'm CD 16 and for the past couple of days not all the time but sometimes when I've wiped I've had blood streaked cm! Never had it before. Not ovulated yet xx
  • Options
    @GwentonEmmy sorry to hear the witch has arrived! Definitely a positive for cycle being the same xx
  • Options
    @Mrs_T. it’s light but mine normally start as that and hits me on day two. I kinda hoped that cos we did every other day BD we may have had a chance 😟
  • Options
    @GwentonEmmy ahh hun I'm sorry, unless it doesn't amount to anything and is some implantation bleeding. It's so difficult to think there is only a 25% chance each cycle to conceive even when you bd on the right days! Pretty sure when you are at school they get on about how easy it is to become pregnant! Xx
  • Options
    @Mrs_T. Your right it’s such a slim chance but it’s still a chance. I’m aiming to try lose weight too as that’s an issue I have at min. Cos I’m 5ft my height and weight ratio tell me I’m over weight for conceiving. I’ve not touched a drop of alcohol since before lockdown. And drink decaf tea. But any other suggestions I would be grateful for please xx
  • Options
    @GwentonEmmy I’m so sorry that AF has arrived! Being regular now though is a lot more helpful isn’t it so that’s a positive! Fingers crossed for next cycle 💜💜
  • Options
    @GwentonEmmy I equally need to lose weight I'm 5ft 4. I've found working from home a nightmare as the kitchen is easy access! I'm not a big drinker and rarely have a drink tbh, you've done well on the no alcohol front. When my head is in the game I find preparation is key, I plan what I'm going to eat for every day of the week for all meals. Exercise is equally as important even a brisk walk for 30 mins a day so adds up. I'm sat at a desk so feel like all I do is sit and eat 🙈 xx
  • Options
    @Mrs_T. that’s odd hey! Okay I’m glad I’m not the only one then! Might leave my poor DH alone then haha. Do you check ovulation with OPKs? 
  • Options
    Thank u @emma Charlotte I’m glad I have something regular x
  • Options
    Mrs_T.Mrs_T. Regular
    edited Sep 17, 2020 10:47AM
    @KristyH yes very! I've done some reading around it and it appears only about 3% of women have ovulation spotting but for those who experience it it's nothing to worry about and apparently a good sign you're  fertile. I've used opks previously but didn't overly get on with them. I use bbt xx
  • Options
    @Mrs_T. I live on a farm so manage walking loads each day. I Just like food that isn’t so good for me. I will try more exercise though. I used to do Zumba and since lockdown I lost my job so comfort eat loads. Just need to sort more Xmas bits out take my mind off things for the week. I’m gonna get the ovulation tests. With them do I have to take temp too or will the tests be ok for now 
  • Options
    Ami612Ami612 Regular
    edited Sep 17, 2020 10:56AM
    Hey everyone, I'm new here and to all of this ttc business. I am currently on cycle day 14 of cycle number 3 and received my positive OPK at 7pm last night. We were due to get married on 3rd of October but have had to cancel due to covid. I'm praying we can get some good news next month to soften the blow. Has anyone got any tips on when we should be DTD. We BD last night and were planning to do it again tonight, is this enough? Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my message. wishing all of you the best of luck with your TTC journey x
This discussion has been closed.