Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Jan 15 Babies

Replies

• Options

I got 7 hours again last night. Long may it continue! X

• Options

I'd love 7 hours lol especially with my other half returning to work soon. I'll be on all the night feeds. In saying that I'll probably nap during the day then since it's just us 2. He's been really sleepy all day today and maybe awake an hour outwith feeding and changing which isn't like him. Funnily enough though I waited up to give him this bottle before bed and he's decides he's wanting to be amused by us lol 

im hoping last night was a real fluke but its early yet lol xx

• Options

So it's not looking like a fluke! I'm getting 7 hours most nights now! Think we may have cracked a little routine woohoo! 

• Options

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/84281.jpg

Def too big for Grace's feet but here is a pic of the inch blue shoes! Thanks again madeformums xx

• Options

were going to keep him awake between feeds today sonhe sleeps tonight he wasn't crying last night but was wide awake and content for almost 2 hours thanks to a white noise machine! I had drama though...

my wound started leaking! I got myself in a right state but triage reassured me that this was the infection breaking down behind the wound thanks to the antibiotics. put a pad on and go to bed. Did this only to find the other side had also started leaking Right through my pjs! Was told a midwife would be out today and to let my Oh do all the feeds, she's just called and triage are less than happy that ive been given antibiotics without a swab. (What are they like!!!) and said that's all she could really do so she's not going to come out as she thinks it's perfectly normal. However if I feel anymore flu like symptoms (i wondered why I was freezing & sweaty all day yday) to contact triage, out of hours gp or my own for a different antibiotic - I don't know why though if they think that's it working. 

Mi know only one of u have had a section but ever heard of this? I'm annoyed I wasn't told to expect this and normally I ask that many questions that i cover everything but obviously I'm slipping!

also madeformums we got our lovely mucky pup shoes this morning. I'll try them on but look way too big, will also upload a pic later xx

• Options

Essie from a nurse point of view (and fellow c-sectioner) your wound shiuld not be leaking and if your feeling hot and cold like that u def have an infection. I personally would call 111 and see an out of hours Dr this weekend as the midwife told me herself that they aren't used to looking after wounds and me being a nurse I was more qualified than her! Do not let it get worse essie as ive had to visit Young girls at home who's c section wounds have completely burst open and needed district nurses to visit daily to dress them. Don't mean to worry u but go get it looked at x

• Options

It is an infection the midwife told me that the other day when she prescribed the antibiotics and when ive spoke to both midwifes theyve said that's it working the fact the fluid is draining away and it's breaking down and only has one way out. My wound is closed and is according to them perfect. They've asked me to have my oh check it and he's confirmed there's nothing wrong at all with the scar its behind it. I think she called it a heamotoma? 

I think for now I'll keep a pad on it and at every change ask my OH to check it but they said all they would do is take a swab and send it off or change the antibiotics. and obviously if I feel worse I'll 100% call them but the hot/cold thing has ceased today so far.

The bit behind my wound is solid and hot which is why they gave me them in the first place I just wish they explained the process. Ive asked on another wider forum I sometimes use and a few of the ladies on that have had the same thing so I'll hold off unless I worry or it gets worse.

• Options

Hope it clears up soon for you image

My tummy is just very numb around that area. I read it can be numb for up to a year afterwards. Doesn't bother me it's just weird lol

• Options

I'll keep u posted on it thanks for the help though kara. One midwife told me you can lose feeling altogether in it! Eek!

• Options

Omg 7 hrs! Can't remember what that feels like. Little Chloe or Coey Coey as her brother calls her can't get past 21/2 hrs and more often than not it's less than that. Plus she is such a noisey sleeper, the grunting and groaning keeps waking me even though she sleeps through it. Soooo shattered, none of this sleeping when baby sleeps for me not with a 22 month old and a 31/2year old in the house. 

• Options

My mum keeps reminding me what a good baby I have and that they dont normally sleep that long. I've barely heard Grace cry either lol! I think I'm in for a shock when baby number 2 comes along as I know I won't be as lucky next time lol x

• Options

Baby number 2, what's that? Haha!!

• Options

Lol I haven't been put off i want loads

• Options

Made an error of sending my OH to bed last night around 12 and I said I would get his 1 o'clock feed. Only he didn't wake until 3! So that was him sleeping and as soon as I put him down those big dark eyes opened! Took over an hour after that tonget him to sleep and then he woke an hour later. Wasn't crying as such just whinging and when I eventually gave in to lifting him out for a cuddle he had wriggled out of his pj bottoms and his blanket he was wrapped in! He was foot to base too thankfully or it could have been a lot worse! Needless to say I'm one tired mummy today. He sleeps so well during the day but like his daddy he likes late nights xx

• Options

I hope you sleep better tonight essie! 

• Options

Looking for some advice mummy's, not sure whether to put Harper up a teat size or not she is currently on the first size but gets awful aggetated when taking her bottle so I went today and got the tommee tippee vary flow ones as it said they are from 0+months and the size 2 had from 3 months but when I tried her with them today she took it a lot faster but alit was spilling and get bib was really wet so don't know if this is to much too soon? My mum keeps telling me to put her up a teat size but seemed more was spilling out than what she was actually drinking today x

• Options

We used bottles for our first Cher and she never got on with vari flow teats, I would try a size 2 and see how she gets on, you dont want her taking it too quickly though as she will get wind. 

holly has her first cold image damn you school run. 

• Options

Been to register Grace's birth today! Feels lovely now it's all official image

Hope everyone is ok. Sorry Cher I dont know what to suggest about teat sizes, I hope you find something that works x

• Options

I'm the same on test sizes, no idea but I'd think if she's losing a lot on the bigger size maybe she isn't ready.

ive just had my first time away from Lucas. went to see the fifty shades movie. It was so nice but I'm looking forward to getting home and kissing his wee face til he screws it up! Haha

• Options

Was the film any good essie?

i haven't left Grace yet but I have been thinking about a cinema trip as it's just long enough for me not to miss her too much or worry lol