Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Dec 15 Babies

Replies

• Options

That's exciting hadepop,  having another one! It'll be lovely having 2 little ones close in age so they can play together. Did it take long to get pregnant first time round?

I hear ya busymamma with the teething!  As we waited 10months for a tooth and now have many coming together. Just took Elliott to the swings for a little distraction this morning and it was flippin chilly out there. He's now snoozing so going to have a quick tidy up and check I have my uniform sorted for tues yikes! 😁 

• Options

Aww Rosalie loves the swings lol, her teeth are still troublesome but we're hanging on in there ;)

I had rose at 36 and was fine but I agree that you should be thinking about another sooner rather than later just because the risk factors go up with our age - crap fact but true and please don't let money be the deciding factor, it all works out in the end if you want it to ;)

I have had this discussion many (many many) times over the years with various people about if moms at home work harder than doing an actual job and I have always replied that it's like any job I have ever done. It has good days and bad days and like them I'm still shattered at the end of the day, the pay sucks and I'm never off duty but it's my calling and I'm happy....can they say the same ? 

Everyone doing anything with or without kids always said they need more hours in the day and that they are tired and who couldn't use more money right ? I guess as long as you're happy doing what you do then there's no question but if you're not happy then change it, life is to short to not be happy about how you fill your days.

Happy moms and dads have happy kids so be happy - if I was working too I'd be even more tired and worse off financially because the childcare costs are so much! Half terms would cost more to pay for than I could make in wage!!!  And that's not counting the older 2 lol, the stress just dosnt seem worth the gains ....but on the other hand I drive a 10 yr old car don't drink or smoke and don't go abroad so there are sacrifices not to mention living on a tight budget (although most people budget now) its whatever works for your family....this is what works here.

• Options

I've just been catching up on the thread, 8i havnt posted in a while. My Deian is 9.5 months omg has 3 teeth and one coming through any day now! I'm still not back in work, but in about 6 weeks I'm going back part time. It takes about an hour to get to work, so by time I picked up/dropped off in nursery and all the cost of childcare, i thought If we can to go part time ill take it.  luckily my mum and mother in law are having him one day each so then just one day in nursery. 

deian crawls on carpet very slowly, downstairs we have floor tiles and he will commando crawl but mainly sits and cries until someone gets him ha he is such a lazy,  laid back and cuddly little boy. 

Look forward to catching up some more!

• Options

Hi everyone, 
    Today, we're asking, how long did you wait before you went for your first night out after having your baby? 
    Please do come and let us know on this new thread here. We'd love to hear your thoughts. 

• Options

Hi everyone, today we're talking about breaking the big news of your pregnancy. How did you tell people you were pregnant, and how many weeks pregnant were you? Please do pop over to this other thread here and let us know! 

• Options

Hi Ladies,

I think some of you may be starting work today, or have started back not too long ago!  Good luck to you and I will be thinking of you!

Having been back for a month now, I can say that you will get used to it, and it will get better.  Just takes a bit of adjusting!  I have just had a week off and come back today, and I have seriously come back for a rest!!  Working full time is a doddle compared to having 2 kids all the time!!

Hope all the babies are doing well??

Nice to hear from you Gaeaf :-)  Hope you are doing well?

Jacob is doing well  (apart from having yet another stay in hospital - that's the 3rd one now since he was born, poor thing!)  He is such a happy little chappy!  He has 4 teeth - 2 bottom and 2 top, is babbling for England, has learnt to blow raspberries, a massive copy cat!!!  He just seems to be learning every day!  He has no interest in crawling though, he is not bothered in the slightest!  He does however like to be on his feet, and is mastering his push along walker far too quickly! :-(  I don't want my baby to be walking, I want him to stay a baby for longer!  But I think because he sees Josh playing, he just wants to be with him.  Quite sweet really!

• Options

Hi everyone, we hope you're doing well? 
    We've just started a new thread about child-free zones on aeroplanes (this is a real thing!) and we were wondering, what you made of this? Please do come and tell us on this thread over here. 

• Options

Afternoon Ladies :-)

How are you all??

Being as its getting colder out there, I thought I would share this picture with you - Jacob in a knitted hat his Godmother (and my best friend) knitted for him :-)

I know I have put the seam at the front, I realised as soon as I took the picture! ha ha.

xxx

• Options

Ahh cute swanny! Love his hat. 

Ha here's Elliott in his autumn look

He's been a poorly bunny this weekend and not sure if teeth or cold! He's waking up alot at night again and so we're all feeling a bit weary. I went back to work part time a few weeks back. I'm quite enjoying it but I really miss my little guy. He's crawling like a pro now!xx

• Options

Ah bless him - he has changed so much!!!  Love his little coat :-)  That's my job this weekend - get a new autumn/winter coat and mittens!  The weather is certainly turning isn't it?!

Ah these teeth and bugs are horrid aren't they?!  Jacob was in hospital again a few weeks ago, hasn't been right since and has cut another tooth (his bum was that sore he cried to sit down, poor thing!)

Hope Elliot is better soon, horrible when you can't really do anything for them isn't it??

You're so lucky to have a sleeper!  If Jacob sleeps till 5am its a lit in for us - his day seems to start between 4am - 4.30am.  Exhausted!  wouldn't be too bad if I didn't have to come to work :-(

Glad you are settling back into work - it is horrible leaving them isn't it :-( 

Do you think Elliot can have a word with Jacob about crawling?! Lol.  Jacob just isn't interested in moving!  He will slowly walk with a push along walker, but crawling is a definite no go, not interested at all!  The women at nursery laugh at him cos he will just stretch and stretch to get something! ha ha xx

• Options

Ha I didn't think Elliott was ever going to crawl! He did the stretching thing too and a bum crawl but no style to it, he just used to go a short distance if it was something he was desperate for - usually the cat biscuits. He only just crawled properly about 5 days ago and he's almost 11 months! 

He's a bit brighter today and I've just noticed the second bottom tooth has cut,  hurray!  Now hopefully he won't look like a little rabbit with just top teeth 🐰 

Sleep has really gone out the window this week but trying to be consistent and praying it'll settle again sooner rather than later would be good! 

Work today. Do you think anyone would notice if I locked my clinic door and napped on the couch? Have a good day xx oo and mittens in next £4 for 3 pairs, just little knitted ones with no thumbs xx

• Options

Cat biscuits?! Did he eat them?! ha ha!  Obviously they are much nicer than a normal biscuit! ;-) 

Ah bless him.  I bet he looks so cute with just his top teeth!! :-) 

Lack of sleep is horrid isn't it??  Jacob goes to bed fine, he is ready between 6.30pm and 7pm, but the early mornings are a killer.  And he'll wake up at least 4 times cos of a coughing fit or wanting his dummy.  Gets to you doesn't it?!

Thanks for the mittens!!  I will get some of those.  Can't be doing with thumbs when they are so little!  I need some with thumbs in for Josh - have you seen them there too??

If you are having a little nap, I will just curl under my desk too and see if anyone notices ;-)  he he xx

• Options

Hi everyone, we just wanted to let you know, if you have a child aged 18months to 5 years, we're looking for some children to test (and keep!) some LEGO products for us. If you'd like to sign up to be in with a chance of testing, please head over to this thread here. 

• Options

Hi everyone, do we have any breastfeeding experts here who might be able to help this new mum who's having a terribly hard time feeding her son? She's really struggling and could use some advice on her thread here. Thank you.  

• Options

Hi everyone, do we have any breastfeeding experts here who might be able to help this new mum who's having a terribly hard time feeding her son? She's really struggling and could use some advice on her thread here. Thank you. 

• Options

Hi everyone, today we're talking about experiencing 'a bloody show' in your pregnancy. If you had this, won't you come and tell us about it on this new thread? 

And did you know, by clicking here on Latest Posts, you can see the most recent threads on MadeForMums? Please do check it out, and see if there is something you might like to chat about. 

• Options

Ha yeh he likes having a good old crunch on the cat biscuits! 

I think next did have mittens with thumbs too for bigger boys! I didn't stop at work on Tues let alone have any nap time.  Elliott was a bit more settled last night, only woke 4 times. I went to bed really early to maximise on the sleep but not something I can sustain if I want to see the rest of my family. 

It's been a hectic few days as mum in law fell and broke her hip,  she's currently in theatre 😞 x 

• Options

Hi Ladies,

I have a post pregnancy question - sorry in advance if TMI!!!

Obvioulsy, my first pregnancy ended in an emergency C section, so Jacob is my first (and last!) natural birth.  Everytime its that time of the month, the first couple of days when I am really quite heavy, my foo foo (ha ha!) really really aches and feels so so heavy.  I am guessing its around the area of my stitches.  Its not painful, and it literally is the first couple of days.  Is this normal??  I have been just putting it down to my body getting back to normal, but Jacob is nearly 10 months old now.

Any advice would be lovely :-) xx

• Options

Hiya. Yes that time is really achey for me too....I had the marina coil fitted in march and the first couple of months were rough but am thinking that they would have been anyway after baby being born.

Now tho its settled down and I'm not as heavy but I do get more spotty days, although the acheyness does linger for a few days - I put it down to my c-section site and the general aches n pains of a period 

My gp said it should settle but it's not uncommon to get muscular aches after any major abdominal surgery and use pain relief and a warm bath to ease the ache.

Oh the joys eh?

• Options

I still keep getting random aches and pains in my lower tummy which I relate to my c section. It's worse if I've been cycling so muscular I think. I have only had 4 periods since having Elliott, and they've been at random times.  missed one completely this month. Think it's the start of the menopause for me perhaps 😌sorry I'm not much help xx