Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Dec 15 Babies

Replies

• Options

Thanks ladies - I didn't mean around my C section area - that's fine :-)  I meant my down below bits feel heavy and really achy for a couple of days at the start of my period xx

• Options

Hello everyone. We have two threads we wanted to ask if any of you might be able to offer some advice?

The first is a new mum struggling with bottle feeding - she's having a tough time with the teats, colic and getting a decent amount into her baby. That thread is just over here.

The second is, can any of you help this mum brush her one year olds teeth - he literally bites down and clamps his mouth shut! And that thread is here. Thank you so much.

• Options

Hi everyone, we just wanted to let you know about this quick competition we're running - all you have to do to enter is share a pic of your child in their Halloween costume! Then we'll pick a random winner! It's over here on this thread! 

• Options

Hi everyone,

We hope you’re all doing well and managing to stay warm! We haven't heard from some of you in a while, so we just wanted to let you know what's happening on the forum this week.

We’re asking you if you would let someone film your birth? That thread is HERE

Are/were you pregnant and struggling with a demanding job and finding it hard? That’s what one of our members is asking HERE. 

Did you or do you know anyone who’s had a c-section due to anxiety? Another of our new members would like to know HERE

One new mum has just started weaning and would love some advice on her routine for her 26 week old baby - can you help HERE

And this one might strike a chord with any of you who are already parents - this mum would like to know about your child’s habits with your phone/tablet - she uses it with her 13month old, but seems worried. You can find her thread HERE

And finally, if you’re bottle feeding (or know some that is) and would like to try out some anti-colic Dr Brown’s bottles for us, please come and sign up HERE

Thank you!

• Options

Hi Ladies :-)

How are we all doing??

Can you believe its nearly Christmas?!  less than 7 weeks to go now!  Which means all of our babies are approaching their 1st birthday - how mad is that??!!  It seriously does not seem 5 minutes since they were here.  Makes me a bit sad really :-( 

So Jacob is coming up to 1, but what makes me more sad is that we are in the process of visiting schools for when my big boy starts in September!!  That makes me extra sad :-( :-(

Is anyone planning anything special for your babies 1st birthday?  I guess its the same for some of you, but with Jacob being on New Years Eve most people have their own plans!  So we are just planning on having a family meal at a nice pub with his cake at the lunch time - then everyone will have a full tummy for partying at the night time! :-)

How are you all getting on with your Christmas shopping??  I am off shopping with my Mum and Sister on Saturday - looking forward to it - I love Christmas shopping :-)

Here is a picture of Jacob from Halloween - my little pumpkin!

• Options

That is one Cute pumpkin swanny!  He looks very pleased with himself. 

So is there a good choice of schools around you? Their reputations change regularly with different teachers coming and going. The school my big ones went to is no longer that great but I guess that could change once Elliott is going to school. 

Oo so birthdays are coming up!  Elliott turns 1 on a Sunday so we're having a family day out at birdworld as he seems to like birds! Also planning a visit to the winter wonderland there.  We're also having a little family tea at home the day before (so the step mum and my dad can come see us) I'm going to make a cake but not sure of what yet, animals perhaps. 

I've done a little Christmas shopping but mainly it's just ideas for pressies at the moment.  I have last week Nov off so will go then. Exciting 😀

Elliott helped make the Christmas cake last week!

• Options

Hi ladies, aren't they growing up quick! 

Rosalie has 5 teeth, an appetite that is ever growing and a need for speed! 

Crawling is just not fast enough and she is pulling herself up to stand on anything she can - she's so determined to walk lol 

He anyone elses bab dropped their formula oz down? I'm struggling to get Rosalie to have it during the day (she has a sip and leaves it) and is only having around 6-7 oz at bedtime...she does have water or weak squash in her sippy cup and likes Horlicks and hot chocolate but I've not had a baby refuse formula so early? I'm usually weaning them off it after their birthday!

• Options

Ah bless her busymamma. Elliott likes to walk round the furniture and when he runs out of something to hold onto he screams so loud, like 'arg what do I do now! ' 

I've just started introducing cows milk this week. Giving it in a sippy cup. He has 4oz formula when he first wakes up,  5-6oz at bed and 4oz cows milk in the afternoon.  Going to do this for a week then change the morning one to cows milk then the bed one after that so by his birthday it'll be bye bye formula and sterilising yey!x

• Options

I'm not getting much into her besides bedtime so am offering alternative drinks, but am trying to get her to her birthday...just not sure I'm gonna get her there on formula lol

• Options

Oh first birthday chat! its come around so quick!  I'm doing a joint party for deian and my stepdaughter, the weekend between their birthdays. On the day I think we will either have a train ride or invite family over for a tea party. 

Ive started on the Xmas shopping too! Got some deals in the Argos 3 for 2 yesterday and feeling excited! 

Deians in 2 bottles, morning and night. im going to wait to see his dietician to see what he can drink when he is 1.

• Options

Hi Ladies,

Jacob is 1 on New Years Eve - he only has around 6oz formula when he wakes and 6oz formula when he's in bed, but has weak squash throughout the day.  I always think if they have a good, varied diet then it doesn't really matter!  When my eldest got to his 1st birthday I just literally swopped from formula to cows milk, no weaning him off it or anything and he took to it fine.  Will probably do the same with Jacob :-) 

Definitely yay to no sterilizing!! :-) :-)

Busymamma - Jacob has 6 teeth, and is so desperate for more!  I really do hate teething.  He really seems to be poorly everytime he is cutting a tooth.  How is Rosalie managing it?

Sunny - there are about 6 schools around our area, but I wouldn't want Joshua to go to all of them!  We are going to look at 4 out of the 6 and then choose 3 for our application.  I just feel so responsible for him even more so and I do seem to be putting pressure on myself to pick the right school.  I'll be glad when he is there and settled, bless him.

Sounds like you all have some lovely celebration plans for their birthdays.  Its really come round so so quickly!!

Gaeaf - how old is your step daughter??  Sounds like you have a similar situation to us!  My step daughters birthday is 19th December (she will be 14) and Jacobs is 31st December.   Nightmare isn't it!

• Options

Hi everyone, we hope you're doing ok?

We were wondering if any of you has any experience with this - one of our members has been told she has 'Too much amniotic fluid'. Her thread is here if you can offer any advice? 

• Options

Rosalie is making a job out of teething! It's really taking its toll too bless her.... her butt glows her cheeks glow she drools buckets and is grumpy for seemingly days on end, so far she's only broken one tooth at a time then she calms for a few days then it starts all over again! 

She did cut 2 thru last week tho so am enjoying the calm before the next storm lol

I kind of did the same with my others, swapping the feeds from formula to cows milk one by one but rose just dismisses her formula....today she's not had any! ( Just launches her bottle!) She does eat a wide and varied diet tho and drinks weak juice etc so am just going to follow her lead and cut the am bottle for a while and replace with cows milk and see how she gets on - who am I to argue eh? 

We just changed schools for all our kids after a house move so I can understand what you're going through, my advice would be to ask kids and parents who already attend the schools what they like / dislike - you get a much better overall view of the school than listening to the staff at open events!

• Options

The first school we went to see I did end up talking to some of the other Mums who had older children already in that school and they were saying how good it was.  The second school we went to mu hubby actually taught at so that was a bit weird!  But at that school they got the Year 6 pupils to show us around and talk to us which I thought was quite a good idea - I think we had the most thorough pair of girls, they literally showed us everything!! Lol.

We are going to look at another 2 schools.  1 of them my friends kiddies go to - I haven't had a very good experience with the communication side from them, but my friends assure me its a really good school, so I am sort of holding on to that one just through what they have said.  The other school I don't know much about but location would be good (however its a very small school and only has am intake of 1 reception class, plus we are outside the catchment area so probably wouldn't get in).  Its just a minefield!

Ah poor Rosalie - its awful isn't it?!  With my eldest, we had no issues teething at all - no sore bum, no crying, no dribbling, the odd rosy cheek put that would be it!  Jacob is like Rosalie - really really struggling.  It frustrates me because they only fall out, grow back and fall out again! Lol xx

• Options

Hi Everyone

OMG - Cant believe they are nearly one - it is soo scary!

Also, I have been back at work for nearly 6 weeks now, which has been a massive routine change, but not the shock to the system I imagined! Beatrice loves her childminder so that is great - regarding milk, I have the opposite problem, she loves her milk, and the CM thinks she maybe has too much; although she eats anything and everything too :-)

I am planning a little tea-party - Pink and Silver themed so we can use the balloons etc for christmas too!

I have to admit to having finished her Christmas and Birthday shopping, and wrapped it *Polishes Halo* 

Swanny, I so dread picking schools, such a big responsibility but you sound like you've got it covered...

Love all the pics; will try and post some up later when I get home - so nice to hear from everyone xxx

• Options

Wow ! Go hadepop !!!!

I've done the majority for Santa but have still to start wrapping - eek! 

We have 2 birthdays between now and Christmas.....my son is 14 next week and then Rosalie on 20/12.... when she's a bit older I have thought about giving her a half birthday to celebrate....a chance to have a non Christmas theme birthday in summer! Eg a picnic or tea party ?  What do you think....good idea or totally lame - I've had mixed response sofar from family!

• Options

Well done hadepop!! I've hardly started! Lol.

How's work going? Love the piccies!

Busy mamma...one of Joshua's friends has a half birthday cos hers is Christmas day . I'll do the same for Jacob when he's older! I think it's a great idea 😊

• Options

Hiya

I actually wrote a post under those pics but obviously hit the wrong button again lol!

I am going for the half birthday too - we have opened a bank account so that if people want to only get her one prezzie at Christmas, and then put whatever they would have spent on a 2nd they can...at this age she wont know, and then she can have more prezzies in the summer :-)

Work is actually fine, the travel is no fun but I have a routine going, and absolutely love my Fridays with just me and my babba :-) She honestly is the best thing ever :-) :-)xxx

• Options

Good idea Hadepop! :-)  I have said the same to people that if he could have money for one or the other that would be great! 

What will really annoy me though is a joint present!!  Am I the only one?!  If Jacobs birthday was in June, you wouldn't get him a joint present for Birthday and Christmas!!  So if anyone does that I won't be able to hold my tongue.  I don't mean to sound ungrateful at all, but do you know what I mean?!  When he is older and wants a ridiculously expensive present then I might say OK, it has to be for both, but other than that I don't think there is any need.

Glad you have settled into work OK!  Takes a while to get a routine going doesn't it?!  I don't have a day off in the week, but when I finish work my attention is just on the boys before they go to bed.  Then at the weekend its usually full of lots of child friendly activities - swimming, soft play, long walks exploring, things like that.  They love it, and so do Mummy and Daddy :-) xx