Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

November 2016 Babies

Replies

• Options

Oh wow chezabelle I feel ur pain! Aiden is 4 weeks today n celebrated by cluster feeding every 1.5hours last night too! Sleepy mammy today! He put on 11oz in a week too. It kind of makes all of those feeds feel a bit better because at least u know they r gaining weight?

I've been online shopping during the night to catch up on Christmas shopping haha! They keep arriving in the post and I've forgotten I've ordered them! 

What is everyone else doing for baby sleeping? We cuddle Aiden to sleep every time and he needs to be in a deep sleep (about 15mins) before he will go in his moses basket. I'm worried we've made a rod for our backs with that one but it's too late to change as he cries if you put him down awake :(!! 

• Options

So Matthew & Amelia are now 5wks & 1 day old (their due date should have been yesterday) & are really starting to fill out. We threw out the 'tiny baby' clothes last week & they are already filling 'newborn' & moving into '0-3' clothes.

Combination feeding is working well for us all, I have more time to do things around the house during the day & we are all getting a better nights sleep (as opposed to the zero sleep Mummy was getting last week). Health visitor due out later & I can't wait to see what they weigh now (were 6lbs last week, certainly feel much heavier now).

Hope all other November babies are doing well. X

• Options

imageMy babies chilled out on our twinz pillow.

• Options

KazzieM, that picture of the twins sleeping is so wonderful - you sound like you have things under control (you are superwoman!). 

• Options

Not sure I'd go that far Danielle but I certainly feel a lot more sane 😂

• Options

Well Matthew has put on 11oz & Amelia 10oz 😊

Dinky, both my older girls were breastfed in my bed co-sleeping for a good 6mths each before being moved into their own beds (only reason I am not doing the same with twins is it is dangerous having the two of them try & co-sleep with me ). Yes the first few nights were difficult for us (me as much as them, I missed the hugs) but they had adjusted within a week. 

• Options

kazzie they are adorable well done you dinky were are doing the same sometimes he will go straight down to sleep sometimes he needs a cuddle for a few mins other wise he will just wake up his not feeling that well today his got a cough bless him all stuffed up horrible winter weather :( 

• Options

Hi everyone, we hope you’re all doing well?

Some threads we wanted to let you know about today, and don’t forget you can see all the most recent chat by clicking here on Latest Posts.

Do you have any advice for a new mum about going from breast to bottle? If so, her thread is here.

Did you suffer with headaches during early pregnancy and if so, any advice with how to cope with them? That’s over here.

Have you heard of the Christmas 4 present rule for children? Apparently you buy 1 thing they want, 1 they need, 1 thing they wear and 1 thing they’ll read… Come and tell us what you make of that here!

And if you suffered with recurring thrush during your pregnancy, any advice for a very uncomfortable member would be great. That’s on this thread here.

Thank you, and please do come and let us know your news! We’d love to hear from you all. 

• Options

imageSo Alfie was weighed today at 6 weeks he's a whopping 11ib14oz. So different to my eldest.doing really well he sleeps 9.30pm til 3.30am then til 6.30am so really happy. Lovely seeing all the babies, hope you all have a lovely Christmas x

• Options

Loving Alfie's outfit Hannal 😉

Matthew & Amelia are 6wks old exactly today  (or 1wk old corrected gestation). Both are now taking 4oz of milk at most feeds & are definitely growing  (may get another week out of newborn clothing but that's pushing it ). Our only vice is that the pair are becoming more 'cuddly' & we have had to give in to using dummies for comfort purposes  (or they will not let us put them down). Am starting to venture out more now I am driving again  (though fitting everything in the car is a challenge & a half, not much boot space with all 7 seats in use).

Still need to wrap up some presents for Christmas though finding the time is starting to get more tricky  (anyone want to babysit..or do the wrapping for me? 😂) Hope the rest of you are better prepared 

• Options

Hi everyone, two threads we wanted to let you know about today; the first is, when you have your Christmas dinner with relatives, who pays for what? Please do come and let us know how your dinner works on this thread. 

We also wondered if you fancied coming and telling us about any Christmas traditions you might have? There's a lovely thread all about them over here and we'd love to hear yours.  

• Options

I know the feeling kazzie even though Kane sleeps really well there's always so much more to do but finally got every thing wrapped yay took Kane for a hip x Ray today as he was breech most of the pregnancy luckily all good and no problems :) xx

• Options

Twins have had their hips checked too as Amelia was breech on delivery, all clear during scans. We see the orthopaedic consultant next week for the physical examination but suspect that will also be fine.

HV has already booked her next visit for January, scarily around the same point in time that I shall be expecting Dr to invite us for 8wks check & immunisations (no idea how I feel about having to take two babies this time around, I felt guilty enough taking just one baby...fortunately both my big girls will be back at school so won't have to witness it, Hannah bawled her eyes out the day I took her with me for a blood test 🙈😭😥)

Got some wrapping done last night 🤗 Not too much more to go so may get it finished later (if twins have a good feed before I attempt it). Have run out of gift tags so am initialling everything until I can get more 😂

My goodness Amelia is turning into a little chunk. She's identical in weight & height to her brother but Matthew seems so slender compared to her, her face has really filled out

• Options

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas, it's gone soooo fast, I'm just trying to get the house straight as kids have been well and truly spoilt, I think a trip to ikea is in order to extend the toy storage, it's a good job my mother in law is moving out as I'm really struggling for space. Beau's doing really well, not had him weighed in a few weeks but he's really filling out now, I'm still breast feeding on demand and boy is he demanding, I can't see me managing to feed him for 12 months this time as he's still only going 1.5-2 hrs max which is killing me at night and I just seem to spend all day with my boobs out ximage

• Options

I know that feeling Chezabelle, the twins turn 7wks tomorrow & are in yet another growth spurt. Even combination feeding I feel like they are constantly wanting to feed - they take a 30mins breast feed & 2hrs later want 4oz of formula, in between they want cuddles & play. Starting to find less time to do housework  (can someone loan some more hours to the day)😴😴😴

• Options

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas. We had our first chill out day today and went for a nice walk and movie in pjs this afternoon. Alfie slept from 9.15 last night to 6.30 this morning so he is definitely getting the hang of sleeping at night. Feeding every 3-4 hours in the daY on demand. What plans has anyone got for New Year's Eve?

• Options

Hey all, hope you all had a lovely Christmas. It's been non stop here.

Penelope turns 8 weeks tomorrow & I'm hoping as a present to herself she sleeps through the night haha. She isn't doing too bad at the minute, she gets up around 4am for a bottle & goes straight back down after & she's on 4oz every 4/5 hours.. I try to give her a late bottle but sometimes she just sleeps through that (who am I to wake a sleeping baby ha). She's also slept a hell of a lot today so maybe she's finally going through that growth spurt I hear about. She should be a little over 10lb now as was 9lb 12 a week or so ago. 

Hope you all have a lovely new year xxx

• Options

• Options

Hi every one hope you all had a lovely Xmas we had a very busy one was lovely though Kane is 6 weeks now imageimage

• Options

Happy Christmas everyone!

Its certainly been a manic few weeks here with Christmas and my eldest daughters birthday on boxing day

Esmé is quite unsettled during/after her feed so i've taken her to the docs a few times and been prescribed Gaviscon first of all but then Zantac but neither has worked so ive taken her off them and put her on lactose free formula. Fingers crossed it works.

Shes putting on loads of weight and last week at her 6 week check she weighed 12 lbs 8oz so shes on the 91st percentile line (which is normal for my babies are they are tall)

i am looking forward to a chilled out new year.