Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

January 2017 Babies

Replies

• Options

Hi everyone, we hope you're all doing well. 
    We wanted to let you know about a new thread we're chatting about today. We're asking, if you have more than one child - when they were newborns, did your children look the same? Check out the thread for an awesome pic from one of the new mums in our Due in April 17 thread. You can find it right here. 

• Options

Hi everyone hope you and babies are all ok?

i had to come on because I'm bursting with excitement! Jenson managed to roll over today!! After looking really close for the last week he finally conquered it! So proud of him 💙 

xxx

• Options

Yay MillP! That's really exciting! Front to back or back to front?

Naomi's two new favourite things this week are the sound "ooo" (she keeps practising it over and over for five minutes at a time) and touching people's faces. She keeps sticking her fingers in our eyes and mouths lol, I know she is just exploring but I hope she doesn't do it to anyone else!

We had Naomi's third vaccines today, so no more until she is a year old now, whoop! She is dosed up on calpol and we are having a quiet day, bless her xx

• Options

Aww bless her, how did she cope with them? Jensons last ones are in 2 weeks, I'll be glad when they're all over! 

It was front to back that he rolled. Can't get him to do it again though! His dads gutted he missed it, he was hoping he'd do it tomorrow while he has him on his own! Xx

• Options

Hopefully he will do it again for him tomorrow! That is one of the only things I am worried about going back to work for- my husband is going to be stopping work and looking after Naomi, and I am slowly realising that I will be missing a lot of her milestones because of it. I keep telling myself that most of them will be a gradual thing rather than having a specific pinpoint in time where you could say she definitely did something for the first time...

Injections were not too bad this time thanks, she only cried for a few seconds and she gave the nurse a smile before we left, which is much better than the first two sets. However she is less of  baby and more of a limpet now, and I think I will spend the entire weekend with her hanging off me like I did with the first set... oh well, free cuddles! ☺️ X

• Options

Aww that's so sweet smiling at the nurse! cant complain At the free cuddles! 

When are you going to work? 

I'm teally lucky and will have a total of 14 months off (using annual leave!) but unfortunately J will have to go full time to nursery as cant afford for hubby to give up work. 

We have spoken about him going part time but don't think he can at the moment. 

Xx

• Options

Well done Jenson! I'm really looking forward to Lyra rolling over. She seems like she might be gearing up to it but only when her harness is off so it might be a while yet. 

I think you're right about milestones being a quite gradual thing usually. Me and my husband both missed Lyra's first little giggle as it was when she was with my mum. She didn't do another one for a few weeks but when she did I was with her and OH wasn't. He finally heard her do one a few days ago! So I think it's probably like that with most things. 

Aw bless Naomi smiling at the nurse! Lyra's like that at her hip clinic - I think she likes the attention!

I'm happy Lyla's doing well again after your ordeal Daisylouise! Lyra is similar in that she loves being upright and looking around. My mum says she's inquisitive but we say she's a nosy little so-and-so!

She has become a lot more vocal over the last few days. My favourite thing she has done so far is to try to copy us when we make vowel sounds. It's almost unbearably cute. I love our little chats. 

How are your babies sleeping? Lyra's gradually managing to fall asleep earlier. The other night she fell asleep before midnight (haha not impressive for most babies I know but Lyra was on 3 or 4am until recently). She's also sleeping a decent length of time now. 10 and a half hours the night before last and almost 9 hours last night. 

Hope you're all well. Has anyone got any holiday plans for the summer? We're in the process of booking a trip to Finland - there's so much more to think about with a baby!

• Options

Aww it's so cute the little noises they make isn't it! 

Wow finland sounds great! We are just going to st Ives this year. Not quite ready for flying with him! We are going to France this time next year but will drive over...kind of relieved as means we can take as much as we need for Jenson! Xx

• Options

Sorry sugar I just thought to myself 'sugar asked about sleeping and you didn't answer' haha. Baby brain!! that's great that Lyra is sleeping earlier and they are great stretches she's doing too! We put Jenson down between 9&10pm and he goes through to 630/7am. He does sometimes stir about 4am but normally settles himself down. 

Only once since he started sleeping through have we had to get up and feed him at half 4. Really can't complain! Xx

• Options

Oh my goodness the due in January 2018 thread has appeared! How crazy is that! This time last year we were all about to find out we were expecting and now our beautiful babies are here! 

Hope you're all doing well xxxx

• Options

MillP, maybe it's time to go for another baby? Get yourself in another Due in thread? 😉

While we're here, how is everyone doing? Please come and let us know if you're ok, and you're getting any sleep? We would love to hear from you all.

Also today on the forum, we're chatting about your pregnancy symptoms: were yours better or worse, or maybe just different, with a boy or a girl? That thread is here! 

• Options

😂 Danielle!! No more for me for at least another 2 years! I would love another though!

Unfortunately we're not close enough to any of our family for childcare support and i will have to go back to work so will need to pay for full time nursery...definitely can't afford for two kids full time! 

• Options

Oh goodness, I remember the nursery fees - was like another blooming mortgage! 

• Options

I remember that day so clearly MillP, finding out we were expecting- 30th April last year, can't believe how much my life has changed since then!

have you started thinking about going back to work yet, do you know when you are going back? My husband has been made redundant, and this is his last week of work. Definitely a blessing in disguise- he was always going to stop and become a stay at home dad when I finished maternity leave, so he is just stopping a bit sooner than planned and we are going to make the most of family time for the next two or three months 😊 Xx

• Options

Aww that will be nice to have some family time for a few months before you're back to work! 

My first day back is 13th Feb next year, doing 3 days for 5 weeks and then back to full time :-( 

so lucky to have 14 months off in total but still sad that I'll have to go back! Xx

• Options

BunnyTheVet - we remember you posting about just finding out you were pregnant and being careful due to xrays of animals at work. 

• Options

That's awesome MillP, it is lovely to be able to make the most of this time- work can wait but our babies will never be small again!

danielle that's lovely, and now here I am having daily adventures with this little monkey! X

• Options

Jenson's sleeping sounds brilliant MillP! I know what you mean about "stuff" though - we've bought a super lightweight tent-style travel cot and are planning to buy a cheap stroller so we don't have to take our iCandy. Driving to France sounds like a good plan - I think we'll do that for skiing next winter.

It's roughly a year since conception for me! We went into London yesterday and drove past the hospital we used to go to for our fetal medicine scans. It got me thinking about how worried we were for the first one last July and how we didn't even know we'd end up with a baby - but she beat the odds and it was so nice driving past with her in her car seat!

When I was pregnant I said I'd start TTC again at 6 months 😂. No chance lol. I'm planning to start in January so not that long really. I'd like a bit of time to enjoy not being pregnant again as it's brilliant! 

Perfect timing Bunny! How do you feel about going back? I don't know if I said before but my husband applied for redundancy around my due date and was successful. It's perfect as he still gets to take 6 months shared parental leave but doesnt have to go back after. So our plan is to sell our flat and move in with my parents while he decides what to do next and while we decide where to live. The lack of a mortgage and his redundancy money will give us the freedom to not rush our decision.

Lovely photo of Naomi by the way! Here's one of Lyra actually enjoying tummy time for a change:

• Options

That must have been lovely Sugar- I remember you telling us about your scans and how unsure the doctors seemed of how things would pan out- but she is here and she is perfect!

I still have mixed feelings about going back- we have always known since way before we got married that if we ever were to have children we would do it this way round, but now she is here I don't want to leave her- although in the longer term it will be better for me to keep both my identities as a vet and a mummy. 

That sounds perfect for you and your husband, it  must be so lovely to have this time together. Are you still writing your book?

I'm glad I'm not the only one starting to think about when we will plan our next baby! The discharge info when I had Naomi advised waiting a year but if we wait for a full year before we start trying and then wait a while to conceive... I don't want a really long gap. 

Lyra does look as if she is enjoying tummy time! I have borrowed a mirror from the bathroom and use that for tummy time, Naomi loves staring into it :-)

MillP I meant to say that is awesome about Jensen's sleep. Naomi goes down at 9ish and wakes for feeding at 12,3 and 6 or 7. But she does feed and go straight back off during the night. She is in a co-sleeper so it isn't a big hassle and I figure she will sleep for longer stretches when she is ready. 

Anyone dreading the 4 month sleep regression??

• Options

Hi ladies, so lovely to read all the updates.

nearly a year ago till we concieved I mean how crazy is that? What a fast year! 

I have had alot  think about when it comes to trying for another baby. I really want to even as early as now!! Haha but my OH isn't keen on having anymore I know now is too soon and it's probably just my hormones so I'm okay with that but my neighbour just had a wee girl and she's so tiny and new and it just shows it goes nowhere!

whats everyone's babies learnt recently then? Lyla has started to conquer the roll, she isn't a fan of tummy time because she can't go anywhere but she's getting good at rolling from her tummy to side and side to back. 

Not looking forward to the 4 month sleep regression, she still doesn't sleep through the night but she's only up once. 

Me and my OH are having a night away in Glasgow tonight so my parents are watching Lyla. I'm looking forward to our time but I will miss my girl! Anyone else got nice plans over the weekend?

This is Lyla having tummy time. Before she shouts at me 😂