Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

March 2017 Babies

Replies

• Options

Forever0lost yes he often does! And he's an expert at wriggling out of swaddles and kicking blankets off. We use a baby sleeping bag at night now which is amazing as he can't wriggle out of it!

• Options

They must just be comfortable like that. Are the baby sleeping bag things good ? We have a few but haven't used them yet x

• Options

Jackson with his Aden + Anais swaddle blankets image

• Options

I really like the sleeping bags and Arthur has never protested at being zipped up in one. He still has plenty of space to kick his legs around and his arms are free.

• Options

image She's loving being a big sister, she's very protective of her sister already 😍🎀We have our first jabs soon too. The next two weeks are going to be so busy we have physio appointments, 6 week check, health visitor, injections.  with my first daughter she was fine with them all. It was the 1 year ones she cried the whole way home I felt so bad after.  

• Options

Effie sleeps with her hands up too...been using the baby sleeping bag for a few weeks now (waited until she was over 10lbs) and she loves it and definitely sleep last better in it! she can kick her legs about and never get cold and I think she's learning to associate it with bedtime too xx 

• Options

My beautiful little lady, Seren. Just turned 5 weeks old image

• Options

Hi Tisha, so lovely to see your name pop up and beautiful Seren. How are things going for you? 

Hi everyone else too, it's brilliant seeing all your babies and reading your updates. 

We hope you're all hanging in there as we know those first few weeks with a newborn can be really hard work. 

We were wondering, as you've all experienced labour really recently, might you be able to help us out with this thread please? 

We're asking, what were those really early, first signs of labour for you - the ones before contractions start. If you'd like to tell us, please could you come and post them on this new thread here. We'd really appreciate it! 

• Options

Hello! Today we're asking you to come and show us your tattoos, so if you fancy snapping and sharing them on this new thread, we'd love to see them! 

• Options

Hi everyone, how are you all doing? We've not heard from you in a while, and we do hope all is well? 

We're also wondering if you have a moment, would you please come and tell us about your ultrasound scans - how many you've had and why? It's on a new thread just here. Thank you!

• Options

imageHey, both my girls haven't been very well the last week but are on the mend :) , harpers now nearly 8 weeks old 😩. 

I just feel abit down every now and then about my birth. I keep seeing posts from friends or baby groups on Facebook about holding and bonding with there babies and bringing them home straight away. Makes me sad and jealous that I never got that with either of my girls. Just feels like this time round I was robbed of that with Harper because they left my water broken to long n she got an infection,  I just wanted to have atleast one normal pregnancy. 

xx 

• Options

Oh Paige, it;s so hard when things don't feel like they've gone according to plan, isn't it? Thankfully, you have your beautiful happy girl, and sounds like you're all doing really well. How's Harper doing now?

A couple of threads we wanted to tell you all about today.

The first is about your babies name: who picked it and did you and your partner agree on it? That thread is here. 

The second thread is if you have a child aged 6-9 years old, we're looking for testers to try out some sunglasses. You can sign up here if you fancy! 

And finally, we're asking, did you have a 3D or 4D scan while you were pregnant? If so, please do come and tell us about that here

• Options

Hi Paige. harper is gorgeous! 💗 Love the smile. I've not been on the thread for a while but my little boy, Charlie, is also 8 weeks old. its amazing how time flies! hes just started smiling too and it melts my heart every time! 

sorry to hear you're feelig down :( it's such a shame to hear how badly some people have been treated in hospitals. Out of 7 of us from my antenatal group 2 of the girls have had to be called in for debriefs as they had such bad experiences. It seems so unfair. I really hope you feel better about it soon & at least you're girls are happy & health even if you didn't get the start you wanted. I'd also bear in mind that even though it might appear some people have the perfect birth & bonding experience from a photo its not always the case. In fact I find people that protray the perfect image are often the ones hinding something!! Xx 

• Options

DanielleMFM - Thankyou :) im sure I'll get over it, I just have to remember I'm lucky there here now n healthily :). We went to the physio Friday and she thinks in 6 weeks harpers erbs palsy will be a full recovery (fingers crossed). We're now looking into a activity chair for her to sit in at 12 weeks to encourage her arm movement xx 

Amy881 Thankyou :), aww same I love making her smile can't wait for her to giggle next 😍🙈 

yeah it's put me off having any more children because something always goes wrong for me, but I'm glad there both healthily now and harpers on the mend. 

how is Charlie ? X 

• Options

Aww don't let it put you off ☹️ That would be such a shame. i can't wait for giggles either, its so lovely when they start to interact with you. Really good news on harpers arm 😊

Charlie is good, we feel very lucky. He's such a happy boy and so good. He's just had his 8 week injections so waiting to see how he copes with them. How was Harper when she had hers? I've heard some horror stories off other people 😬 Xx 

• Options

New thread alert! 
    Hello. We just wondered if you had a moment, would you come and tell us on this new threadwhich pregnancy symptom hit you the hardest while you were pregnant? We'd be so grateful! 

• Options

Amy - aww harpers the same, always happy and asleep 😂. She hasn't had her injections yet, she's got hers next week. My other daughter was fine with hers, she Didn't cry, but I don't know wether that's because she spent the first 4 weeks of her life having blood tests and other things, so she was used to them, but I just gave her calpol when we got home And she was fine. the year old ones were the worst ones I found I felt so bad when she cried the whole way home. 🎀

• Options

Aww Charlie has been so unhappy today. he's hardly eaten and just slept or screamed when hes been awake. It's breaking my heart, it's so unlike him. They don't warn you about the side effects! I've read loads about them today from under a sleeping baby and it seems quite common. I've dosed him up on calpol! Fingers crossed Harper will be fine just like her big sister was. Xx 

• Options

Oh no poor boy, hope he's happier today. Harper had a bad night she's got a blocked nose which only appears when she's trying to sleep :/ xx 

• Options

Hey guys how's everyone's babies doing 😍

Cant believe harpers 2 months today, it's going to quickly. 🎀😩