Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

April 2018 Babies

Replies

• Options

Ahh loving the baby pics 😁 

MrsG am sure he will do things when he is ready.  In my mummy group we had a baby crawling at 6 months, whilst others at 9 months still aren’t.  He is probably busy developing another area.  2 teeth is pretty awesome for his age! X

• Options

Hi everyone! Just catching up with posts.

I have done 5 night shifts as KIT over last 2 weeks. Didn’t really want to do them but need the money! I will do another 5 nights in November and then go back full time in January (3 nights a week). Hubby is at home when I work so we will save on nursery/childminder. 

Havent started weaning, Bastian is not ready, he is happy with milk and still not seating unaided. He is 5 months old. 

He is extremely good with bed time at night. I put him in his cot beside my bed at 8pm. He is awake but rubbing his eyes and very ready for his sleep. He chats for about 5 minutes and falls asleep on his own. Dark room for him, no music, no dummy, only noises are us in the living room downstairs. He sleeps until 7-8am, sometimes I have to wake him up for the school run! He loves sleeping...

He would not do that for naps though. He usually naps in his bouncy chair and chews two fingers for a bit. He has 1h naps several times a day if he can.

imageimage

• Options

Afternoon ladies, hope all is well!

Becky, been thinking about you. Have you had your hospital appt yet? Hope all went okay! 

Catkatz, Bastian is so sweet! bless him, so happy reading that hubs can look after him instead of childminder. 

Aww MrsG I second what MrsFish said. Jacob is quite lazy, only just turned 5m on the 2nd. He can’t hold himself up either, but he loves rolling on his playmat and off it. He seems to have a lot of leg strength and always jumps when I hold him but sitting is a no. He stretches his legs out and flops over after less than a few seconds. he has a little friend who is a few weeks older. She can sit, very steady. But doesn’t roll nor stand. She just wants to sit. 

So, I don’t want to celebrate to prematurely, but we have been trying out a no cry sleep/nap routine. I know it’s more work for me at the moment to keep picking him up. But it seems to be working. Worked okay took me 5mins patting him for his 9am nap. Just put him down at 12.30, soother in, monkey for him to hug, on his side (hates sleeping on his back) lullaby with white noise turned on and he shut his eyes on his own!! I didn’t even need to pat his bum!! Let’s hope this lasts! As I’ve been getting quite anxious reading the BfMummy Group on fb. Horror stories of evil childminders who won’t help baby settle to sleep and refusing to hug/pat/rock them. Makes me want to cry, I know I‘ve got some more months yet, but I don’t want Jacob to feel abandoned. 

• Options

Hi Charlz, 

Thanks for thinking of me 😊 Had my app on Monday and all was good, my prolactin hormone was still high but expected and nowhere near where it's been in the past. My thyroid is back to normal so it was just a pregnancy quirk and all other hormones looked good, going back in a year for a new mri to see if anythings changed and then we'll make a decision about anymore babies and treatment going forward. Our all in all not bad and just maintenance for the next year. 

So glad you've found something that works for you and he's starting to self soothe, mummy win! 

Babies make me smile they're all so different and so similar at the same time. Oliver and Harry are very similar but Harry just seems to be doing things a bit earlier. Oliver didn't sit unaided until 6 months, Harry at 4.5 months. Oliver didn't start weaning until 6 months and he wasn't interested before hand, Harry at 5 months and was showing interest for a while before. Oliver definitely slept better/longer during the day than Harry and now just waiting to see what happens with crawling as Oliver only did about 2 weeks before moving to walking at 11 months 

Hope everyone is well? We've all had/got stinking colds which has been fun especially over hubby's birthday but I think it's starting to go finally. 

X

• Options

Hi everyone, we wondered how are you getting on with your babies? We’d love to hear from you. 

We wanted to let you know, we have a competition to win a £200 Amazon voucher over on this thread - just tell us or share some pics of how you have changed your home and if you have a mo, please do check out Latest Posts - you never know what you mind find there! 

• Options

Hi everyone. Penelope is 6 months now- cand believe it! Is it wrong I’m thi

• Options

Sorry my hand slipped and I posted without finishing... as I was saying...

is it wrong to be thinking about the next baby? Anyone else planning soon? 

We are weaning at the moment and loving it! Penny seems to like most things, we’re doinf a mix of purees and baby led as she adores toast and shoving things in her mouth! 

She’s in her own room and wakes 1/2 times between 7pm-7am for a bottle (which she holds herself- absolute game changer 🤣)

im going to 5998 groups a week with her, we love meeting new people and babies and we go swimming a lot too. Still not sitting unaided though!

nice to read all your updates! 

image image

• Options

Scotjill, Penny is gorgeous - such a beautiful smile!!  Happy 1/2 Birthday 

We are keen to have another one real soon, but my periods aren’t settling due to breast feeding, my luteal phase is too short for implantation - maybe nx year when i am back at work and bf less we might have more luck - I am 40 next month so really don’t want to leave it much longer, was hard enough this time! 

• Options

Quick Announcement! Want to be a tester in the MadeForMums Awards 2019? You could be testing anything from a buggy to baby carrier or hundreds of other products we’ll be putting through their paces. To find out more and how to  sign up, please visit this thread. 

• Options

Mums I’m looking to change my changing bag. I have an Egg stroller which I love and the matching bag came with it as a promotion, I’ve tried to love it (cos it’s cute and it matches) but it just doesn’t work for me. 

what changing bags have you all got and would you recommend them? Pics would be handy too...thanks in advance xx

• Options

Hi Scotjill, i have two bags. One is like a tote and one backpack. 

The tote has more room for stuff but the backpack is easier to put on and take out. 

imageimage

I brought these when they were on offer. So I only paid a fraction of the price shown. 

• Options

Hello everyone. Do you want to be in with a shot of winning a £200 Aldi voucher? Just come and tell us what you get up to for Hallowe’en on this thread! 🎃

• Options

I also have a back pack, I didn’t get on with my tote, found it a pain to carry about....

• Options

I gave up with my changing bag and ended up getting one of these. That just clips on the buggy. It has a strap aswell so if you need to leave the buggy you can take it with you over your shoulder. image

• Options

OMG  this website is awful on my phone 😩 ive been trying to load  it for days but it makes my phone over heat! 

I second a rucksack, my tote bag was doing my head in, I can now carry Luke and a bag! 

He banged his head on his cot today and i felt awful. He has a good bump on his eyebrow which will probably bruise

we have started weaning which isnt going as well as i hoped and I hate how his sick smells 🤢

hopefully I can keep on top of comments but for now my phone is melting and battery has gone has gone from 45%-8% 😱 anyone else have this problem?

• Options

I've got one like this just an older version, bought when Oliver was born, without the zebra image Caboodle Baby Changing Black Bag Nappy Diaper. I use it cross body, easy to use and hands free but easy access when I need my purse etc. All black as well so hubby doesn't feel silly using it. 

Hope all is well? We're all good here and weaning is going well, Harry loves his food just like the rest of us. Only thing that hasn't gone down well so far is broccoli which is a shame because it's my favourite and a family favourite but we'll keep trying. 

Can't believe we're at 6 months old already, time needs to slow down. 

• Options

Good morning ladies, 

Sorry I have not posted in a while but I have been keeping up with all your stories I am really pleased to hear how well everyone is doing. 

Luna Lilac is now 6m old we have begun baby led weening and she is loving it! I learnt everything I know from my first baby Hugo via the free mfm weening app so do give it a go for any of the mummys who posted about not being sure. 

How is everyone? Ive actually come on to update on Hugo, those of you who are on baby number 2 plus helped me when I had concerns on Hugos speech and I just wanted to provide an update. 

Hugo-Blaze will be 3 this week and I cannot explain the progress other than he genuinely woke up one day after having a vocabulary of about 20 words plus and said "Mummy I need the toilet and then can we play?" I wish someone was there to film me because I almost fainted. Since then his speech has continued to flow with general communication being the norm and I cannot help but feel utterly sad at all the time I wasted worrying and pushing him. At one point I even had concerns maybe it was a behavioural problem, not that it would have been an issue but I just wanted to help and at the risk of sounding biased since he can speak hes just an utter dream. I failed to see how hard it must be to see the world but unable to express it. One thing it has taught me which I will continue to take through my second perental experience is that they genuinly do, do it when they are ready! In Hugo's latest preschool report it states that he is one of the most polite and careing children who is a social butterfly and I have to say its taught me a lesson. That dispite our children's milestone dates and curicular achievements above all else being a nice person concurs all! And I wish I didn't waste so many sleepless nights over it. 

Any mums who have concerns about anything above all trust your instincts but know that it really will be ok and that they will do it when they are ready. 

Dont get me wrong he isnt reciting the dictionary just yet and he does still have a mild delay for his age but my goodness he is amazing. Those of you who are on instagram may know a very famous toddler called Harlen Bodhi White- his mummy posted a few weeks back regarding a similar story and as a follower up till this point we were none the less as to his lack of communication and that made me think I had never looked at a picture of Harlen and thought he was unhappy and if I think back now I never thought Hugo was unhappy either. I just felt an overwhelming amount of pressure for him to talk!.  X 

• Options

Hi everyone, I've not been on in ages either. Occasionally dip in to check on everyone's progress. Mia was christened the other week at 6months & is just starting to try veggies alongside her B'milk. Can't believe how quick the weeks are going by. imageimage

• Options

Weaning, we hace been attempting to introduce food purees. But Jacob has not been taking to it. He spits it out, cries, screams and has now decided to clamp his mouth shut.

feel like it’s becoming really stressful for him. Do I stop for a few days and try again? as Once he sees the spoon he starts to cry.