Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

April 2018 Babies

Replies

• Options

We've got commando crawling going on here as well as the launching forward onto hands and knees and mini press up so all good signs it won't be long before we have full on crawling. Still no teeth here but all the chewing, dribbling and red cheeks.  

Hope your doing ok Meganh and enjoying your last few days at home. Xx

• Options

Have been on holibobs and celebrating my 40th. 😳 

meghan how are you feeling about going back to work? I am back in Jan 😔

no signs of crawling here - all of her friends are now off, she likes to stand and practice walking, but has Week arms and can’t pull herself up yet 😂

• Options

Amazing pictures everyone. Jealous of the pool Mrs Fish! 

Hope the return to work is not to hard Meghan! 

I am too going back to work in January. But will be changing jobs in March. I currently work night shifts and I can’t cope with them anymore. So will be working days.

Bastian loves food, puree mainly, he loves all veggies, fruits and cereals, we are now introducing meat and he loves it too. He is not crawling and not even sitting properly! He is just interested in eating, sleeping and playing!! Loves swimming and splashing water, and he practices his singing voice with some loud and weird noises 😂

He is just awesome! ❤️

Hope everyone is well xxx

• Options

Not looking forward to it, my sons just been diagnosed with a chromosome disorder and he’s really struggling at school at the minute due to his needs, I’ve has to collect him early every day for last few weeks so the return to work will set him back drastically. Ivy will be fine it’s my son that will struggle 😭. 

Hope you’re all well.  

• Options

imageMia mischief !!! Crawling & climbing everywhere - got mummy shattered. 

• Options

HI lovely mum's 

Want your opinion not sure if this is cruel or funny...

https://youtu.be/R0eZGdUnnq4

• Options

Haha we thought it would be funny to give Rauri a slice of lemon and lime and he didn't even flinch. He loved it x 

• Options

Hey ladies hope your all well.

Anyone else's bubba going through separation anxiety? The last few days Rauri won't let me put him down. He sobs his little heart out. He's fine if my OH is about or generally anyone but when it's me and him he just wants to be held. Sometimes I just leave him to cry himself to sleep but at other times I just don't know what to do?

Xx

• Options

Yes we are also struggling with it, tonight she was so clingy I had Tonleave her screaming when trying to get ready for bed 😔 and then struggled to get her into her cot.  From what I am aware with friends going through it, you just have to reassure them and be patient as it does pass.  

I am trying to drop boob feeds as back at work in Jan, she only takes late pm - 4ish, bedtime, during night (4am) and 7am.  When i try and drop the 4pm feed, she ends up feeding every 2 hours all night again! Anyone else dropped feeds successfully? 

Nearlt xmas 🎉🎉 am loving all the festivities 

• Options

Aww Mrs Fish, will she be going to Childminders or nursery? You don’t need to drop feeds as such. She can still ‘feed on demand, with bottles‘ and you will just need to pump the 4pm feed. From what I’ve read breastfed babies only need 1-1.5oz for every hour away from you. If you drop a feed and notice she’s nursing more at night, that’s reverse cycling. So she’s making up 24oz for the 24hr period at night. If that makes sense.

Jacob has always been clingy, so I don’t know any different. I am constantly holding him, and he seems so much more happy. I can’t stand the thought of him being upset. He is getting better at playing on his own now, but he’s crawling so he’s never in the same place I left him. 

Hope everyone is well! I‘m so excited for Christmas! Is everyone all prepped and ready? 

• Options

I’m ready For Christma. Have been for a while, can’t wait now, Jacks nearly 6 so its so magical!

hope you’re all well!! 

• Options

Hi mrs fish - Mia is still BF with weaning food now too but she's not really dropped feeds just goes a bit longer in between. We tend to eat breakfast, lunch & tea but still has BF a little after each meal - through the night she can be a nightmare at times wanting to nurse every hour or so but I think it was made worse with her having a cold & sore gums as she is getting better 10 til 3 last night 

I've got to say I hope she's sleeping better before I have to function at work on 1st April 

• Options

hello ladies! I haven’t been receiving the notifications so thought the group had stopped 😱 just caught up on posts since September!! 

Cant believe how grown up all the babies look, hard to believe they still are babies! 

Abel is a stubborn independent little boy. He’s 8 and a half months, been crawling for 2 months and currently pulling himself up on everything and walking along so we’ll have a walker in the new year I imagine! He did a complete u-turn on weaning and decided that he hated spoon led and loved baby led so no puree’s for us anymore! His favourite is a roast dinner!

He has 6 teeth, 4 at the top and 2 at the bottom, it got really nasty at one point and he was up at all hours of the night with the pain but so glad theyre finally through. We’re currently battling with a cold, which came the same week I started to sleep train him 🙄 he’s still having real trouble with self settling so we’re trying the no-cry method which was working before the cold! 

I got back to work Feb but not for long as I’ve been made redundant because the store is closing. Which is a shame but not the end of the world as I didn’t want to stay there very long anyway. Hoping to find something closer to home. 

We’re so excited for Christmas, we’re hosting with my partners side of the family this year, I think I’m nuts but we didn’t want to go anywhere with it being his first Christmas. 

imageimageimageimage

• Options

Morning ladies loving the pictures x

Harry's decided that this week is when everything will take place, he's cut his 1st tooth (finally!!) He's gone from commando crawling to proper crawling, he's started pulling himself up on everything and is now cruising along the furniture as well. We'll see how long he crawls for as Oliver only did it for 2 weeks before he decided it was enough and walked instead. 

We are excited for Christmas everything is bought and wrapped, food shopping coming tomorrow and I'm picking up the turkey at the weekend, just the tree to put up as we do it last minute these days after Oliver broke last year's tree and we had to go and buy a new one. I miss having the tree earlier but they just can't leave it alone and it drives me mad. Doing dinner at home for the 1st time this year which will be nice, usually go to the in laws for the whole day but we can't face eating there this year as it's the "big" year, 15 of us including 5 children, and it's just not comfortable trying to squeeze all of us in. We'll go down in the afternoon for presents and to see everyone and it should be a bit more relaxed and they only live 10 mins down the rd so no big journeys to make. image

• Options

Omg look at all these gorgeous babies!! They are so grown up! Lots of crawling and cruising 😍 we aren’t on the move - we like to walk holding onto things, but aren’t strong enough to pull up, but super close so won’t be long at all! 

Charlz, thatbis so helpful regarding the feeding - she only has 4 boobie feeds a day now, as she eats 3 meals.  Is such a breakfast monster, she can go for 4-5 hours after!  She will take a bottle from Daddy, so will have one at nursery.  She isn’t so happy taking a bottle from me....

I am going back on 50% hours for the first 3 months as I have so much holiday, and then will be condensing my hours into 4 long days, Dad will have her 2 days (he is a shift worker) and  nursery for 2 days.  I am hoping to fall pg again soon, and then after the next maternity I will drop my hours, although breast feeding is stopping my periods still.....

Have a fantastic Christmas everyone, we are hosting here, my step son is moving to Oz on 28th dec, so we have 14 xmas day and I think around 40 for Boxing Day - for some reason, I am super chilled about it, despite not having finished shopping, cleaned the house or wrapped a single present 🤣

• Options

Such gorgeous babies 😍

We are all set for Christmas. Hallie isn't moving yet but is very strong on her legs. I have a feeling she may skip crawling all together but we will see.

I'll be going back 3 days a week initially until January 2020 and then will potentially increase to 4. I'm incredibly lucky yo be taking the full year off - I've only ever had stat may pay but we have a bit saved up and I've been putting away £50 a month of my stat may pay to allow me to have the full year off. I the  have 34 days holiday to take from 2018 what with normal holidays and bank holidays accrued which takes me to starting back the week commencing 13th May 2019. I feel incredibly lucky but my mat leave only started the day before I had Hallie due to being induced unexpectedly when I was still working so I've had basically the maximum amount of time I could possibly have had with her. She'll be just under 14 months when I go back (22nd May is when she'll hit that!).

Hallie is getting clever now and starting to really understand things. She can wave bye bye and we bought her an advent calendar (one with the tiniest chocolates ever) and she certainly knows what's in it 😂 she goes mad with excitement when she sees it and knows it's choc choc time haha! I wish I could share a video on here because it's hilarious! 

Here's a few Christmassy photos of Hallie. Hope everyone is well xx

• Options

OMG. These pics are so cute! Can’t believe how fast time is going!

wow Mrs Fish, only four boobie feeds? I’m still feeding on demand. Usually every 2-3hours, he has it more when he wants a nap. Finally started to sleep through the night in the last two weeks (only waking once to feed) and Aunt Flo decided to visit for the first time in 18mths! Think it might be because he Doesn’t feed so much at night anymore (use to wake every hour). 

My mum said it would be a good time to plan a second. But I can’t even cope with one, not sure how I’d cope with a second. Probably if our mortgage was paid off, will be happy to have another. One can dream. 😂 

I finally ventured out to a group yesterday at the toy library. They were so welcoming and friendly. I still get anxious about taking Jacob out, there have been a lot of violent car jackings in our area, and always targeting nice cars and I get so paranoid our car would get knicked again. I triple check locks, eyeball everyone that walks past us, it makes me feel sick when I have to go out on my own. It’s starting to become an unhealthy obsession. I’m not sure how to curb my silly thoughts, usually talk myself into staying home. 

• Options

Charlz Amelie has only just started dropping feeds, in the last 3 or 4 weeks - I think she is a bit older than Jacob as she came 4 weeks early, you may find it tails off for you too. Before that she was every 2 hours.  

I am desperate for AF to come, I had a few break through bleeds but nothing for 3 months now - hoping it is on its wAy as desperate to conceive again due to age. 

Have you spoke to your doctor about your anxiety around leaving the house, there might be some local charities that offer support to help build your confidence in going out - founds really tough! Hugs to you xx

Lisl - so lucky with you extended leave.  We have really struggled with the lac of salary from me, we have a big mortgage and expensive big kids and no parental support.  We have a loan for £300 per month that finishes in March next year, so that will ease the dinances quite a lot 👍

Have a fab Xmas everyone xxx 

• Options

Omg all the babies are delicious 😍😍😍 can’t believe a year ago they were just in our tummys!

im going back to work on 9th Jan, but I’m doing some evenings and every other weekend as I don’t get paid enough to put Penelope into nursery and we have no family close by to help.  

I’m hoping to fall pg again next year as I’d love 2 kids but I’ve struggled with motherhood and don’t know if I’m cut out for another one 🤷‍♀️

Penelope has just started crawling, is very vocal and everyone says the smiliest baby they have ever seen! That always makes me happy as I feel I must be doing something right!

She goes down to bed with minimal effort at 6.30pm, wakes at 11pm and 3/4am for bottles then is up at 6am. She used to sleep through until the 4 month sleep regression and now we can’t seem to get rid of these night feeds. We’re just used to it now though. 

imageimageimage

• Options

Ahh scotjill she is gorgeous and defo super smiley 😃 

my hubbie works shifts so luckily nursery are going to be flexible so I can change days around him - thank goodness!! 

I hope all babies enjoyed their first Xmas? 

We still have a sack of pressies unopened, she is enjoying the things she has opened so far, so no rush.....