Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

April 2018 Babies

Replies

• Options

Charlz rauri is very picky sometimes about what he will take. It can take up to 10 attempts for them to like something. 

Maybe try something he can do himself. You can try boiling carrots or broccoli and letting him do it.

We were lucky as rauri was ready at 4 and a half months so just got going. My SIL gave him one of my nieces sandwiches earlier which he loved. She's only a few months old so was only abit of Philadelphia but he sucked it untill it was gone x

• Options

Older they meant to say lol

• Options

Charlz Luke was the same and completely refused a spoon and it was stressing me out and BLW scared me for various reasons...but...intook  step back and we went BLW and he has taken to it so much better. He quickly leaned how to bring  food back to the front of his mouth without gagging (too much!) and LOVE broccoli which he previously refused from a spoon. A week of just BLW and he will now accept a spoon. We do breakfast around 9/10 depending when his first nap is and then tea at around 5 again depending on naps. I give him finger foods at both meals but for one of them try and spoon something into him like porridge or mash. He will also now drink his water instead of spitting it everywhere. So take a step back and re evaluate! It’s amazing the difference a few days can make 

• Options

Amelie is very up and down with her eating, at the mo she will only take sweet stuff off a spoon and wants to give herself sandwiches or crisps etc - she has a real thing for pickled onion monster munch 😳 thank you friends hubbie for introducing them! She can eat pasta, small bits of cherry tomato, cucumber etc etc - we don’t really blend anymore and don’t give baby food, she never took to it, I don’t blame her it tastes so bland......

We had a haloween party yesterday and photoshoot on Sunday - she forgot her smile 😂😂

• Options

Love it! I did a little photoshoot with Hallie this morning too!

Hallie is good with food and will pretty much eat anything I give to her but has started to refuse water out of a sippy cup. The advice we were given when starting weaning was to offer water in a free flow sippy cup with each meal but these last few days she's having none of it 🙈

Hallie in her pumpkin..

• Options

So lovely to see pictures of all the babies, they are all so cute!

We have just started weaning Bastian. We have only tried pear puree for 3 days, and he seems to like it. Though the spoon is a tricky thing, but he is learning. We will try banana puree today. We are just going slowly, Bastian is interested in food but not sitting unaided yet, he is quite happy with his milk so we ate not in any rush.

Hope everyone is getting on alright with this cold weather!

• Options

These Halloween pictures are AMAZING - you guys should check out this Halloween comp we have running and post! There's a £200 Aldi voucher up for grabs. 

Also Charlz, my youngest really didn't take to food until she was about 9months old - try not to worry too much, and maybe pop the spoon away for a while and just offer soft finger food so he can explore with his hands - this really helped us. 

• Options

Hey ladies , 

Agree with the others Charlz give him a little break maybe try something different, he'll get there. X

We love the cold weather here much better for us and I love taking the boys for autumn walks even if the park yesterday was freezing. 

Harry is desperate to get moving it's very cute the way he lunges forward and then gets stuck cos he can't coordinate his arms and legs yet. Still no teeth yet but they are on their way but I seem to remember Oliver being the same and taking a while.  imageimage

He doesn't look like it here but he did love the swings really. 

• Options

Thanks ladies for your advice, loving the pics 😍 Really can’t believe how quick the months have gone by. 

Jacob managed to get some Ella‘s snack puffs in his mouth. Whilst sitting on the sofa. I think he prefers less fuss and not in the high chair. Tried some broccoli and he just mushed that in his hand and threw it on the floor 😂 

we have decided to let him feed himself for the time being, just worried as the HV seems to think he should be EATING, and i thought before One years food was just for fun? 

• Options

Just do what you think is best charlz you know best. Rauri loves the melty puffs and wafers. I gave him some beans in a bowl yesterday and just gave him to bowl lol he put some in his mouth and sucked the sauce off and spat out the beans haha but he tried it himself which was good x

• Options

Hi everyone, how’s it going for you and the babies? Quickie, but have any of you tried Carobel for babies with reflux? If so, can you help one of our members here on this thread please? If you’ve not tried Carobel but have had a baby with reflux, we’re sure she’s appreciate any wise words you can offer. 😊

• Options

Hi ladies

i was just wondering if any of you could give me some advice with teething Evie had a fang that has gone back in her gum so she has no teeth again never had this problem with my other two children any help would be much appreciated 

hope you are doing well and all the baby pictures are beautiful 

• Options

Hi everyone, do any of you do Baby Led Weaning? If so, we'd love if you could help one of our mums here

• Options

Morning ladies hope everyone is doing well? 

Sorry Babygirl never heard of that happening so no help here I'm afraid. 

We've had a busy time of it with my Grandads 90th birthday last weekend and a big family do for him. The boys loved it and it was nice to see my cousin's 2 little girls and my other cousin is now expecting too so the family is getting bigger all the time. My mum came over from France so at least she's seen the boys again.

I took the boys to see the Christmas lights switch on in the local high st last night and it brought back memories of last year with just me and Oliver watching. Bath doesn't do a city Christmas lights switch on but our high st does and its so nice with a community feel and so many families. Harry wasn't that bothered but I suppose it's more for me and Oliver making memories until Harry's a bit older.  

Have got Harry into the walker we had for Oliver and he loves it, he's only worked out how to go backwards so far but he really seems to enjoy being in it especially if Oliver is pushing him around.

Trying to get everyone into my Christmas spirit with films and baking and pudding making and crafts. Shopping is nearly finished and I feel organised so bring it on. I'm a Christmas nut I can't help it. 

• Options

Hi :) all good at this end!

ivy has finally got her first two & is now crawling, nearly 7 months! 

Times flying to quickly.. don’t like it.

Aww such a lovely photo :) xximagexx

• Options

Crawling!! 😱😱

we are struggling with teething, 4 big bumps up the top! BLW is going great, we too went to out local light switch on and Luke loved watching all the lights. 

7 months old and loves his jumperoo and being on his feet, but you have to hold him up as he hasn’t quite got the hang of holding onto the sofa yet! 

• Options

Morning ladies. Glad you and the bubbas are all well. 

Rauri still has no sign of teeth. He loves rolling around on the floor more than anything but does enjoy his jumperoo for 5 mins here and there. He loves his food so weaning is still going well. He just wants to do everything for himself atm.

I'm gonna out my Christmas Dec's up this week. I'm too excited to wait. Rauri will love the lights.

• Options

Morning ladies.

Lovely to see all your beautiful babies and hear they are doing so well.

Hallie turned 8 months on Thursday. Still no teeth and not crawling although she wants to move. If you put her on her back she sort of arches her back and pushes off with her feet to move herself backwards 😂 but doesn't go very far.

She loves her Jumperoo and loves absolutely all food which is good! We do a combination of finger foods and spoon feeding, although the food I make her is a lot more chunky and than the jars suggest for her current age. We gave her a 10 month plus jar the other day because it's all we had in and didn't have anything defrosted that I've made and it was a lot smoother than what I give her haha! She loves it all though!

Can't wait for Christmas. We are pretty much all set  just a couple of stocking fillers needed for some family members. We are taking Hallie to the Chester zoo lanterns next weekend and in a couple of weeks we are going to see Santa at Dobbies garden centre. I'm so excited for all things Christmas! 

Xx

• Options

Morning ladies, all your babies are so beautiful!

Penelope is 8 months old tomorrow, can you believe how old our babies are? It genuinely blows my mind!

Penelope loves her food, I’ve not found anything she doesn’t like yet. Toast aand rice cakes are the holy grail though!

She’s the smiliest baby, everyone tells me they can’t belive how smiley she is. Still no teeth, but showing signs of wanting to crawl now. Going from a sitting position she throws herself on to her front and pushes up with her arms so just need to get the legs going!

I’m going to sound like the grinch but I really can’t do bothered with Christmas this year. Not sure why, but I can’t even bear to put a decoration up 🙊

I’m heading back to work in January, just doing some evenings and every other weekend. Anyone else going back soon? Xximage image image

• Options

I’m back at work December 10th! 😱 my last full week off next week & its my birthday so that’s good haha.. gutted to be going back though, managed to drop from 5 days to 3. dont know how I’ll get on, my sons just been diagnosed with a genetic condition and is struggling at school, at the min it’s fine cos I can be at the school in minutes but when I’m at work I can’t. 😭 xxx